UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

11/17/13 1:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1BL0Wko
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase -
Tankhead - The Las Vegas Fuck Job.

I was cheering for GSP, but Hendrix took that handily. Fuck up of EPIC proportions. Phone Post 3.0
Why epic? Every rational person on here said it was most likely 48-47 Hendricks, with some saying it could possibly go to GSP. Even if it was a robbery, it was hardly epic.

Fights these days are so damn close that the losers always cry robbery. Phone Post 3.0
Darth, love your OG threads bro, they're awesome. But you need to rethink what you just said. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:02 AM
Owenyabuts2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the judges Phone Post
gusto

The Sultan - The after fight acting of "my guy definitely won the fight" is getting to be too much. They keep trying to one up each other. Johny's running around arms wide like just KO'd gsp with his corner guys smiling amd clapping and firas runs to gsp to pick him up and carry him around.

I have no idea why hendricks is acting like he destroyed gsp. He didn't convince me he earned that belt. He did a little more damage on the face, but gsp landed more strikes, IMO. The wrestling was pretty even.

It was a close fight with no real clear winner. I thought Hendricks did enough to get the nod, but it certainly wasn't a clear cut robbery. I would have been fine with that dec going either way. Without the compubox numbers, its hard to judge the fight and not be biased. Phone Post

it isnt karate point fighting. gsp maybe landed more "strikes"

hendricks fucked gsp up. both fighters know who won, both corners know who won. just look at rogan's face. he tries to be as fair as possible and the dude is just baffled.

this is a very bad decision
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP's lack of memory is concerning.
11/17/13 1:05 AM
ShockTroop0369
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1,3,5 for GSP.... Very close.

K-Flo agrees on the Post fight.

ShockTroop0369
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horribilis

Seriously? Round 1? I just don't understand that at all. How could anyone no less 2/3 judges call round 1 for GSP? I see a case for the champ but not in round 1 Phone Post 3.0
MMOZ

Colboyo - GSP's lack of memory is concerning.

He took some BIG fucking shots I doubt he will be at the post fight presser. I can't believe how much damage he took in that fight.

11/17/13 1:06 AM
Natsirt
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/13 1:07 AM

Round 1 was the difference

11/17/13 1:07 AM
MMOZ

Horribilis - Seriously? Round 1? I just don't understand that at all. How could anyone no less 2/3 judges call round 1 for GSP? I see a case for the champ but not in round 1 Phone Post 3.0

Only thing I can think of is the takedown. Judges don't score fights rationally though so there is no point trying to rationalise their decisions.

11/17/13 1:08 AM
TheHouse
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMOZ -
Colboyo - GSP's lack of memory is concerning.

He took some BIG fucking shots I doubt he will be at the post fight presser. I can't believe how much damage he took in that fight.

Is the presser up yet? I'm on UFC.com and nothing is playing yet. Phone Post 3.0
Shorinji

Edited: 11/17/13 2:10 AM

I had it 48-47 for GSP.  

IMO he won rounds 1, 3 and 5.  Barely.

kelby

Edited: 11/17/13 1:09 AM
this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!
I LOVE GSP

The Sultan - The after fight acting of "my guy definitely won the fight" is getting to be too much. They keep trying to one up each other. Johny's running around arms wide like just KO'd gsp with his corner guys smiling amd clapping and firas runs to gsp to pick him up and carry him around.

I have no idea why hendricks is acting like he destroyed gsp. He didn't convince me he earned that belt. He did a little more damage on the face, but gsp landed more strikes, IMO. The wrestling was pretty even.

It was a close fight with no real clear winner. I thought Hendricks did enough to get the nod, but it certainly wasn't a clear cut robbery. I would have been fine with that dec going either way. Without the compubox numbers, its hard to judge the fight and not be biased. Phone Post

Boom, well said,.
11/17/13 1:09 AM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - 

hendricks fucked gsp up. both fighters know who won, both corners know who won. just look at rogan's face. he tries to be as fair as possible and the dude is just baffled.

SO how do YOU score the fights then?? by whoever has the biggest cut? the least bloody fighter wins? of course you score points, thats why you have judges... getting hit in the face 100 times means you are not able to stop it happening, regardless of how hard they are? but by your logic you would still win if you hit someone really really hard only 10 times but did not finish?

i thought Hendricks edged it, but the fact is it was closer than people coaught up in the moment think, hendricks did more damage, but george did more work... harder to score than you think

11/17/13 1:10 AM
RSHONE05
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is just a huge black eye for the UFC. Honestly, there is not one person that thought GSP won that fight. I didn't give a shit either way, but Hendricks got robbed. I'm embarrassed for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:11 AM
The Regulator
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir chopsalot -
The Regulator - Sir Chopsalot, you're drunk as fuck, go home. Phone Post
The proof is in the pudding, old chum. Phone Post 3.0
No disrespect, you're just sloppy right now. Go home, sleep it off. Phone Post
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!

agreed.
I LOVE GSP

ShockTroop0369 - 

Florian has about as much credibility when it comes to gsp, as Cormier has when it comes to Koscheck.
11/17/13 1:12 AM
Porkchop

11/17/13 1:12 AM
Paramount Donkey
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!
Fuck that. Gsp got his ass beat Phone Post
11/17/13 1:16 AM
spjackson77

Gsp won rounds 1, 3, and 5. This was the correct decision. How a persons face looks after the fight is not criteria the judges are instructed to use, nor is drawing blood. Some peoples face swell up if you barely touch them. Whoopty do. Bottom line is this is not a robbery at all
11/17/13 1:16 AM
bjws
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live it seemed like a questionable decision. However, consider:

- I'm pretty sure Hendricks tapped in round one
- GSP had to finish Hughes (twice) and Serra to win the title

Maybe the was the correct decision?
11/17/13 1:18 AM
gusto

Master Bater - 
gusto - 

SO how do YOU score the fights then?? by whoever has the biggest cut? the least bloody fighter wins? of course you score points, thats why you have judges... getting hit in the face 100 times means you are not able to stop it happening, regardless of how hard they are? but by your logic you would still win if you hit someone really really hard only 10 times but did not finish?

i thought Hendricks edged it, but the fact is it was closer than people coaught up in the moment think, hendricks did more damage, but george did more work... harder to score than you think

I dont always agree with how max Kellerman scores fights but his metric is "who would i rather have been" in that rd

I would not have wanted to be GSP in any rd of that fight. he got bullied around the octagon. I like gsp and I actually felt bad that he had absolutely nothing for hendricks. hendricks was walking through his strikes, outwrestling him and blasting him. Hendricks did real damage and it wasn't just "who is the least bloody"
11/17/13 1:20 AM
kelby

spjackson77 - Gsp won rounds 1, 3, and 5. This was the correct decision. How a persons face looks after the fight is not criteria the judges are instructed to use, nor is drawing blood. Some peoples face swell up if you barely touch them. Whoopty do. Bottom line is this is not a robbery at all

i had those rounds for gap also. and yes some peoples faces are not as tough as others. that is why alot of people think hendricks won.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.