UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

11/17/13 1:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!

let me break some news to you. GSP "looks" more fucked up because he got fucked up
11/17/13 1:21 AM
simplelife
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight makes me want to watch The Town.. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:24 AM
kelby

Paramount Donkey - 
kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!
Fuck that. Gsp got his ass beat Phone Post

your probably not a fighter, and if you are your probably not good at it. so, therefor, your opinions don't meant jack shit on this thread.
11/17/13 1:27 AM
kelby

Edited: 11/17/13 1:30 AM
<blockquote>gusto - <blockquote>kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!</blockquote><br /> let me break some news to you. GSP "looks" more fucked up because he got fucked up</blockquote><br />
hendricks also got f'd up, so what the hell you talking about. he got f'd up just eough for him to lose. not by much. just by one round. so, he lost the fight.
11/17/13 1:29 AM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This wasn't even supposed to be a Split Dec. I was in shock when Buffer said "...And still..."

Hendricks ended the fight without a scratch, like he had run 6 miles.

GSP looked like he got trampled by a moose.

FightMetric gave it to Hendricks.

How did GSP won the 1st?! HE DIDN'T. NO WAY he won the 1st. Hendricks controled GSP on the feep and rock him HARD AND at the end of the round controled GSP with grappling.
11/17/13 1:32 AM
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Dana is pissed off...Haven't seen him this pissed in ahwile.
11/17/13 1:34 AM
I LOVE GSP

chilz - Wow! Dana is pissed off...Haven't seen him this pissed in ahwile.

lol, this I gotta see.
11/17/13 1:56 AM
Porkchop

You've got to be shitting me.
11/17/13 2:18 AM
slm181
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - <blockquote>gusto - <blockquote>kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!</blockquote><br /> let me break some news to you. GSP "looks" more fucked up because he got fucked up</blockquote><br />
hendricks also got f'd up, so what the hell you talking about. he got f'd up just eough for him to lose. not by much. just by one round. so, he lost the fight.

Just stop. The fight wasn't even close.

At what point did Hendricks get fucked up? Was it by the double leg in the first round that he got up from in 3 seconds, or the little jabs and teep kicks that gsp landed? That's about all he did. The rest of the time he was busy getting his ass kicked.

Just look at gsp's face and then look at Johnny's. The proof is right there.

And mma isn't about seeing who can out point the other guy. It's about finding out who is the better fighter. This point fighting- play it safe bullshit is ruining the sport.

And even if you were purely judging the fight based on points and completely ignoring SIGNIFICANT strikes and damage, gsp still lost. By a mile.

The decision was a disgrace, and I truly feel for Johnny. He indeed earned that belt.

And this is coming from someone who put money on gsp to win.
11/17/13 2:35 AM
pursuitofhappiness

Every other main event is a "Robbery" these days.
11/17/13 2:36 AM
Entreri

GSP won the first round and squeezed out a win.
11/17/13 5:08 AM
Thuglife13
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slm181 - 
kelby - <blockquote>gusto - <blockquote>kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!</blockquote><br /> let me break some news to you. GSP "looks" more fucked up because he got fucked up</blockquote><br />

At what point did Hendricks get fucked up? Was it by the double leg in the first round that he got up from in 3 seconds, or the little jabs and teep kicks that gsp landed? That's about all he did. The rest of the time he was busy getting his ass kicked.

And mma isn't about seeing who can out point the other guy. It's about finding out who is the better fighter. This point fighting- play it safe bullshit is ruining the sport.

And even if you were purely judging the fight based on points and completely ignoring SIGNIFICANT strikes and damage, gsp still lost. By a mile.

The decision was a disgrace, and I truly feel for Johnny. He indeed earned that belt.

GSP landed more SIGNIFICANT strikes and that's a fact.

Hendricks landed more total strikes...

I felt it was pretty close and could've gone either way but I think GSP winning would've had more people surprised than had it gone the other way.

Here are teh official Fight Metric numbers...

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html
11/17/13 7:41 AM
56sav

This fight is about poor judging perception regarding damaging strikes landed than anything else. It's also a testament to how poor the 10 point must scoring system, designed for a 15 round boxing fight, works for MMA.
GSP gets mauled and "wins" a decision, and while obviously losing the entire fight, a case can be made for "winning" more individual rounds.
Overall a sham of decision, and real black eye for the sport.
11/17/13 7:44 AM
JamesParades
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a GSP fan and I bet on GSP. I had it 4-1 Hendricks. You could make a good case for 3-2 Hendricks. That's where it stops. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 8:31 AM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

56sav - This fight is about poor judging perception regarding damaging strikes landed than anything else. It's also a testament to how poor the 10 point must scoring system, designed for a 15 round boxing fight, works for MMA.
GSP gets mauled and "wins" a decision, and while obviously losing the entire fight, a case can be made for "winning" more individual rounds.
Overall a sham of decision, and real black eye for the sport.
I disagree. It was a close fight. I see many people throwing around terms without truly knowing the meaning or intentionally showing their bias. Either way, it doesn't make any sense, IMO.

"Robbery" "Domination" "Mauled" .....none of these things happened tonight. Not even in the slightest. The fight was very close and, By definition, none of those terms can be used to describe this fight or the decision. See Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin I & II for a domination or a mauling. A close fight where one fighter or the other eeked out a split decision win does not qualify.

I thought the fight was close but I didn't see either fighter do enough to say "that was definitely the winner". I would have been fine with the decision going to either guy.

However, on a separate note, What was really annoying was when Hendricks was walking around with his arms wide, smiling like he just KO'd gsp.. he didn't do nearly enough to be that excited. Phone Post
11/17/13 9:37 AM
freakman

How does a cheek cut from an elbow=win fights...some dudes cut easy, he was not jds hamburger faced...any one else notice the significant strike meter vanished in the start 4th when gsp was ahead like 125-99..funny how that worked..usually shown multiple time a round. GSP win = 10 of mils lost...cant market another gsp statistic
11/17/13 10:16 AM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slm181 -

Can you point to which fight metric you are citing as proof that gsp "lost by a mile" in points? Phone Post
11/17/13 10:40 AM
DirtyLickinsBrah
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks shoulda got the nod..... Not sure how some call it a close fight.
The acceptance of point fighting is clouding many peoples judements. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:09 AM
HeadkickedtoHeaven
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby -
Paramount Donkey - 
kelby - this is not about who looks more fucked up. this is about landing more strikes, getting takedowns when they count. and thats just what gsp did. gsp is good at point system fighting. and that is exactly how he won it. Hendricks simply couldn't hit him as much as he would like. so, HE LOST BY A CLOSE DECISION!

your probably not a fighter, and if you are your probably not good at it. so, therefor, your opinions don't meant jack shit on this thread.
go look a all the tweets by actual fighters, you dumb motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 12:05 PM
RKing85
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

48-47 Hendricks.

Hendricks/Hendricks/GSP/Hendricks/GSP
11/17/13 12:14 PM
kidpresentable
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/13 12:21 PM

I had it 48-47 GSP (2nd, 3rd, and 5th) with one round (2nd) going either way.  I think Hendricks did more damage overall but GSP won more rounds.  A friend whose scoring I trust had it 49-48 Hendricks and was shocked that I thought GSP won.  Long story short, that was a really good fight and there are legitimate arguments for either guy having won.

11/17/13 1:34 PM
BudmademeWeiser
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thought he lost the 1st. The 2nd round was really close, i remember telling my friends, he better win the next 3 rounds to be sure if hes going to win. But i can see how he won the fight, it wasn't a 5 round hendrix domination
11/17/13 2:38 PM
1BL0Wko
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeadkickedtoHeaven -
kelby -
Paramount Donkey - 

go look a all the tweets by actual fighters, you dumb motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:42 PM
chaplinshouse
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice hgh gut goddayam

11/17/13 2:50 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Santa came early this year... Merry Christmas Georges!!! Enjoy your gift! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.