UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW - new low tonight

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
11/17/13 2:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jimmy23
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it really that hard to give a guy a few days after a terribly hard fight to get his head together ? Is it too much to ask to not bash a guy who has been not only a goldmine for the UFC but also a great ambassador for the sport, especially in a post fight press conference ? 

Dana, I understand that your personna is this blunt speaking person, but this time , you went too far. I think you owe GSP and the fans a public apology

11/17/13 2:50 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana was being a jackass tonight.

Dana owes GSP an apology for sure.
11/17/13 2:51 AM
B_Goetz

Between him and Rogan, I'm starting to dislike the UFC.
11/17/13 2:51 AM
Jambo888
1044 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shows how much a fighter is worth after they stop producing.

11/17/13 2:53 AM
Jaybrone
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana went full retard tonight. He was being a complete jackass. I am cool if he says "Initially I disagree with the decision. But I am going to go back and watch it again and see."  But instead he acted like a giant baby insisting that Johnny destroyed GSP which isn't the case at all. I disagree with the decision but it essentially came down to a close first round. 

11/17/13 2:54 AM
ausgepicht

I agree. BLAF is losing his mind. He should be more objective. 

11/17/13 2:55 AM
ChaosOverkill
828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Wright needs to take over the job

11/17/13 2:56 AM
fasthandssam
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He definitely didn't look his best tonight.

Goes on a tirade against GSP and ridicules his performance and post-fight speech...

... GSP comes on stage and gives a sincere and heartfelt explanation of his perspective, thanks the fans, thanks the UFC, and promises to NEVER EVER turn his back on the UFC.

Good job Dana LOL
Dead President
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
ChaosOverkill
828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/13 2:56 AM
Entreri - Dana was being a jackass tonight.

Dana owes GSP an apology for sure.

Yeah instead he just pestered and bullied him into a rematch (apparently) and downplayed GSP's problems.

11/17/13 2:57 AM
Papi Chingon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to hear Bjorn's take on Dana's comments since media love asking the two about one another.
11/17/13 2:58 AM
Sex Chicken
1183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classless by Dana. For all he knows GSP is dealing with a serious family/personal issue. Until he knows GSP's rationale behind his decision, why insult him and question him over it?

11/17/13 2:59 AM
coxndix
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I thought it was a bit rash, especially after having experienced a similarly controversial title fight decision earlier in the year. I expected a more measured response from the prez, he must just be itching to have it out with Kizer, that's all I can put it down to. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 3:00 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened? At work Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 3:01 AM
RoysBellyRollzz
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Dana but....yeah cmon give the guy his time (if it's reasonable)
11/17/13 3:02 AM
valsta

He acted disgracefully today Phone Post 3.0
Gino_Corona

dfw jr went too far tonight!!!

Just ridiculous.

I think the mods should ban him from this forum as well. Phone Post 3.0
B_Goetz

The Fella - 
B_Goetz - Between him and Rogan, I'm starting to dislike the UFC.

My dislike for the UFC comes more from the piss poor judging.....it's been like that for a long time.

*Cough Shogun Vs. Machida 1 to name one of many....

The UFC is as much a victim of the athletic commission's incompetence as anyone. I can't fault them for the judging. Calling for reform in the judging (finally) is the one right thing Dana said tonight.
11/17/13 3:04 AM
TopGrinder

Gsp is Dana's cash cow. Gsp is eager to please. Dana scolds gsp publicly to coerce him into another fight with Jonny.

Dana looks after nobody but himself and the bottom line. Always has and always will Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 3:04 AM
pi6el

Dana went Don King low tonight, GSP has been a saint and a gold mine for the UFC, really uncalled for. I believe GSP has been planning/considering retirement and Dana's comments were an attempt to tarnish GSP's victory, hoping he'll stick around for a rematch.
11/17/13 3:07 AM
RJB
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed 100% it was absolutely disgusting.

Fair enough venting your anger about the judging but to rag on GSP for wanting time off when he doesn't know the circumstances behind it is totally fucked!

It sounds like GSP may have some real physical or mental issues (with these episodes of losing time and unable to sleep) and all Dana can think of is his cash cow walking away.

Disgraceful.
11/17/13 3:09 AM
Jaybrone
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Fella - 

GSP despite everyone thinking he lost the fight deserves more respect. He's an all time great, the judges made the decision...he went out and did what he could.

This is so true.

11/17/13 3:10 AM
marlo

Hey Dana where were you when they dissed Matt Hamill oh that's right you were trying to grow the UFC in UK so you said nothing.
Mertvaya Ruka
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana looked emotionally distraught, even the reporters were wondering why he was behaving like that. Not his finest moment for sure.
indianrob

Dana thought Johnny won, like everyone else who saw the fight, no reason to pussy foot around it. Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.