UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thanks to the diehard Ruthless Fans

11/17/13 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No matter who you were rooting for before the fight started, after 2 minutes of watching, only crazy people weren't rooting for Lawler.

He looked like a guy that came to fight, not prevent one.

LOL, my wife won't watch fights with me and asked me what I was screaming about when I went to tell her that the old guard still kicks ass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

WAR RUTHLESS!

11/17/13 10:48 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Pena -
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 

Great chin, awesome hands, and an always improving take down defense?  How can you not love Robbie? He's like Chuck for the new generation.

The fight was great and Robbie pretty much dominated him in every area, you should both be very happy.

Then I'm gonna post this picture 'cause it's one of my favorites.

I have this picture and gloves framed in my office. Next to the manhoef picture and shorts!
That's a badass momento! WAR Robbie Lawle!! .. An VTFU Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:53 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

I've always been a huge fan, but I have to admit I was a doubter. I didn't like his chances against kos or rory to be honest. But man did he prove me wrong! I'll never doubt him again x Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:01 AM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight glad he pulled it off. Nick Diaz rematch coming up? Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:04 AM
MarcVanBas

It really is great to see Robbie doing so well. Congrats to him, you and all involved in his hard work.
11/17/13 11:06 AM
mclay
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats very nice job!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:10 AM
KOphil25
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Great fight glad he pulled it off. Nick Diaz rematch coming up? Phone Post 3.0
Would be amazing but not sure I wanna see Diaz get decapitated just yet haha Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:23 AM
fozthebear

Back at UFC 117: Ortiz vs Griffin II, my buddy and I approached Robbie who was sitting down with Matt Hughes's brother. We are both pretty big guys and as we approached Robbie, he sort of looked taken back by these two guys standing over him in full suits as he sat there. But he couldn't have been a nicer guy to us. We gave him our respect and shook his hand. He chatted with us for a short minute. I told him I couldn't wait to see him back in the UFC. He said, it's only a matter of time. He was bang on. I'm a huge Ruthless fan, his win last night puts him right in the title picture. WAR Robbie!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:39 AM
White347LX

VTFU for coaching one of the few fighters I'll always pay to see fighting.
11/17/13 11:43 AM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Pena - I'm Coach Matt Peña, Robbie's striking coach. I just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to all of the diehard Robbie Lawler fans. When everyone else in the world was underestimating Robbie Lawler, many of you were telling it like it is, here, on the underground. It's unfortunate some are discrediting Rory McDonald now. I thought he was gonna break and he showed me he had a lot of heart. Much respect to him. He will be back in the winning column soon. He just face one of the strongest guys in the division, someone that can't be bullied or pushed around at 170lbs. I'm sure there are still some doubters and that's great, we don't mind being the dog, but I'm telling you, Robbie is the best WW in the world. I'll be the only one saying it for now. It's my belief. I thought that when Robbie was helping me corner Hughes when he lost to GSP and Koscheck. Both times Matt lost, I would look at Robbie and think. You are going to beat both of these guys. One down and one to go. If GSP doesn't want to fight any more. I hope they do set up Lawler and Hendrix. It would be an amazing fight. UFC fans deserve a champ at WW that isn't afraid to end the fight early. We would love to bring that WW belt back to Iowa for a fourth time. I don't mean to sound over confident, I just have a strong strong belief. Again to Rob's diehard fans thank you so much. You guys have no idea how happy he is to chat with you all. Best Regards!

Great to see Robbie doing well. Always a fun fighter to watch.

Congrats to you and your team.
11/17/13 11:44 AM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt,

Thanks for posting!
Was there any stuff Robbie did last night that you geeked out about as a striking coach?
Would love to hear specifics.
11/17/13 11:44 AM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this fight should have been co-fight of the night. It was by far my favorite. I hope Robbie got his back room bonus. I think with this win the Diaz fight kind of makes sense but that depends in how you rank Diaz coming off of two losses. Could be Diaz vs McDonald, lazy says he wants Hendricks but I doubt that will happen. I would love to see Robbie fight Hendricks. But if GSP comes back in a reasonable time I am pretty sure Hendricks will opt for the immediate rematch. This division is pretty interesting at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out. Either way Lawler is very close to the top and as a fan that makes me happy. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:47 AM
HeadkickedtoHeaven
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love seeing Robbie back in the mix ... awesome attitude at the post scrum too..

he seems to be in a great place mentally and physically! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:51 AM
Steven McTowelie
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good show for Robbie!

Congrats, big win, and thanks for helping me win my bet :) Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 11:55 AM
HolyHackZack
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A real fighters fighter and a down to earth guy on top of that. Lawler fans never stop being Lawler fans, sometimes we are just more vocal than other times. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 12:07 PM
vandelay

Been a fan since ufc 35 WAR Robbie! Phone Post
11/17/13 12:31 PM
Tolstolobic

Ttt for the RUTHLESS Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 12:58 PM
hubris
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was awesome watching Robbie destroy fancy Rory
11/17/13 1:05 PM
YousHerName

Robbie is more than just a fan favorite. The guy is a fucking hero. To take out Kos and Rory back to back..man all he needs to do now is go KO Bisping to get the hat trick on the most hated fighters. Phone Post
11/17/13 1:16 PM
Matt Pena
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - So Stoked for Robbie... And you Coach! Great fight last night, was epic when in between rounds he said..." I like that Kick, it's mine now"!! Lmao Phone Post 3.0

That was pretty funny stuff. I couldn't help but to giggle a bit. I was thinking, "ok Rob, hush and lets get some breathes in" but he was pretty proud of himself and sometimes you got to let the good times roll. We've had plenty of funny moments like that over the year with him. He truly loves doing what he does!!
11/17/13 1:27 PM
Matt Pena
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Great fight glad he pulled it off. Nick Diaz rematch coming up? Phone Post 3.0

I really do love the Diaz family. I'm particularly close to to Nate. I trained him on TUF five and still chat occasionally with him. However, I have to be honest. Rob's busted his ass to get in the position where he is at. I want to see him fighting for a title. Once he has that title, sure I'd love to see him avenge a few losses. They both have grown quite a bit since WAAAAYYYY back then. But honestly, right now, he needs a title shot or something that will ensure him one. Last night he beat the guy that was suppose to be the heir to the throne. Very few gave us a chance. The reporters, were already talking about McDonald getting a title shot after this fight (which I thought was kind of disrespectful, but relished cause I knew it was fuel for the fire). Robbie deserves it! I honestly see, Hendrix for an interim or GSP. Just my thoughts though.
11/17/13 1:29 PM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He derailed another future Gsp, thank-you ruthless. Was cheering for Robbie the entire time, its not easy being surrounded by an insane amount of drunk Canadians.
11/17/13 1:31 PM
donkey guard
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice win for ruthless.

Nick Diaz rematch? Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:32 PM
Matt Pena

fozthebear - Back at UFC 117: Ortiz vs Griffin II, my buddy and I approached Robbie who was sitting down with Matt Hughes's brother. We are both pretty big guys and as we approached Robbie, he sort of looked taken back by these two guys standing over him in full suits as he sat there. But he couldn't have been a nicer guy to us. We gave him our respect and shook his hand. He chatted with us for a short minute. I told him I couldn't wait to see him back in the UFC. He said, it's only a matter of time. He was bang on. I'm a huge Ruthless fan, his win last night puts him right in the title picture. WAR Robbie!!! Phone Post 3.0

This is awesome to hear. Folks dont realize how much Rob really loves his supporters. RIGHT AFTER weighins, I'm trying to get the guy back to the room to start rehydrating and getting ready to put weight on. He's apologizing to everyone because of me doing my job, and setting up dates to meet folks in an hour and a half. Nobody does that stuff. After weighins, people are usually out of the public til fight time. Not Rob. He showed up, and there were fans there too! This was after an IV, but before we went to eat. I love the way this guy has embraced his second chance in the UFC. His love and appreciation for the folks that love and appreciate him. Its just an awesome thing to see from such a guy who use to be so quiet.
11/17/13 1:32 PM
Feelz Good

I honestly can't remember the last time I was that emotionally invested in a fight. I was yelling at my tv, I never do that. It was so satisfying to watch Robbie win last night, what a thrill. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.