UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thanks to the diehard Ruthless Fans

11/17/13 1:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HolyHackZack
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed he got taken down looking for knees a couple times. He's always gone full power with his shots which can leave him open, is that something you guys plan on looking at if Hendricks is next?

11/17/13 1:41 PM
Matt Pena
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posty Magee - Matt,

Thanks for posting!
Was there any stuff Robbie did last night that you geeked out about as a striking coach?
Would love to hear specifics.

There are many little things that Rob did to take away the jab, with little motions, feints and head movements. Rory loves to be well balanced on his feet, keeping him off balance with the kicks did its job (not extremely damaging but affected timing and scoring). Robbie took away Rory's standing elbows by throwing some strong short upper cuts. Normally when someone grabs your hands like Rob was doing to Rory to mess with his Jab, they would set up elbows. However, Rory knew that if he were to step in with elbows, that those strong power shots that just buzzed by had a great potential of landing. So Rob did a lot of things to get him uncomfortable with smart pressure and a good choice of shot selection. I told Rob that with smart pressure the kid would make a mistake and we'd eventually land that left. I haven't even slept yet, much less watched the fight again, but those were just a few things that we worked on that was effective.
11/17/13 1:43 PM
stevekt
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see this guy back in the ufc as an older, wiser, veteran fighter. I watched the Manhoef fight a few days ago to get psyched for the Rory fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:44 PM
Matt Pena
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bozzy - Yeah no joke Robbie is the reason I gave betting a go for the first time. I had a single bet on him, and then added him to a few parlays.

At 300+ odds he was way too good to pass up. I risked $13 total last night, and finished with $135 on the night.

Robbie you're the man.

Had a buddy roll over 8500 on this from the Koscheck fight. He's pretty happy about last night at 3-1.
11/17/13 1:49 PM
Matt Pena

HolyHackZack - 

I noticed he got taken down looking for knees a couple times. He's always gone full power with his shots which can leave him open, is that something you guys plan on looking at if Hendricks is next?

Robbie, will always fight with his emotions on his sleeve. There are many times that I've been frustrated by it, and many times he's proving me wrong and hit a homerun. But its one of the reasons why many folks love him. He's trying to finish people.

In terms of Hendrix, he's a beast and completely different fighter. That's all I will say about that. :)
11/17/13 1:49 PM
Dana Stern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been a fan of Robbie forever, been lucky to see him fight live a couple times, got to meet him here in St. Louis and was just a genuine nice guy. Always new he'd be on top one day was just a matter of him staying at the right weight class. Phone Post
11/17/13 1:50 PM
You're a Good Boy

Robbie's a fuckin animal love watching that man fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:51 PM
TheAlchemist

It was awesome to see Robbie do his thing against Rory last night. Out of all the fights last night, this was by far the most satisfying for me. Good job coach!
11/17/13 1:51 PM
whoabro

Big fan, and robbie looks better than ever. Congrats!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 1:58 PM
HeadkickedtoHeaven
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Pena - 
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Great fight glad he pulled it off. Nick Diaz rematch coming up? Phone Post 3.0

I really do love the Diaz family. I'm particularly close to to Nate. I trained him on TUF five and still chat occasionally with him. However, I have to be honest. Rob's busted his ass to get in the position where he is at. I want to see him fighting for a title. Once he has that title, sure I'd love to see him avenge a few losses. They both have grown quite a bit since WAAAAYYYY back then. But honestly, right now, he needs a title shot or something that will ensure him one. Last night he beat the guy that was suppose to be the heir to the throne. Very few gave us a chance. The reporters, were already talking about McDonald getting a title shot after this fight (which I thought was kind of disrespectful, but relished cause I knew it was fuel for the fire). Robbie deserves it! I honestly see, Hendrix for an interim or GSP. Just my thoughts though.

I'd love to see that rematch and even as a die hard Diaz nuthugger, it would be hard to root against Robbie. It would probably remind me of when Diaz fought BJ, as far as being torn.  Anyhow, completely classy reply by you, sir and a convincing arguement.. I'm hoping this win put Robbie at # 5 or # 6 in the  WW rankings.

I was screaming like a madmen  during Robbie's fight last night..so damn happy he won.

11/17/13 2:02 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a small group of fighters who I will be a nut hugger of forever...
Ruthless Robbie Lawler is part of that group.

The way he SONNED Melvin Manhoef after the beating his legs took is probably my favourite KO of all time !

Fucking WAR Robbie!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:03 PM
FETT_Loadin76
1041 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made this "Prophecy" before the fight lol

Robbie held strong and didn't let any of his fans down, and gave all his haters a case of the butthurts :)

WAR ROBBIE!

11/17/13 2:04 PM
RuthlessOwnedKeithBacne
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I regret nothing. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:11 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RuthlessOwnedKeithBacne - I regret nothing. Phone Post 3.0
lol Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:14 PM
TommyRSU
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top 5 favorite fighters man. Always will be. Probably the toughest dude I know who carries himself like a real warrior and man. He's the tits. Phone Post
11/17/13 2:18 PM
TommyRSU
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speaking of him looking happy in the cage, I told my girl whrn the fight started how truly happy he looked to be there. Like Tyson said, nothing scarier than a happy fighter. When the talk of him being in the best place professionally and personally, I believe it because I can see it easily. This is Robbie's time. Phone Post
11/17/13 2:30 PM
jujubre
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan from France. I am a fan since the tiki fight.
He always fucking explosive with the intention to kill.
A fan favorite for sûre... Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:35 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's also making a lot of new fans. People like me who didn't watch Strikeforce and are new to the sport will take to him instantly. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:40 PM
HolyHackZack
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I met him I kind of mumbled 'Dude I've been following you since you fought Tiki...' and he started cackling like a mad man. 'Tiki? Tiki Ghosn? Jesus christ I haven't thought about that one in a long time...'

11/17/13 2:42 PM
Surly
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawler-Hendricks would be a great fight. I hope we see it at some point. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:48 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

It was a great fight. I was rooting for Robbie but I thought Rory might be a bit too technical and pick him apart on the feet. Boy was I wrong. Robbie took it to him and was landing at will, getting the better of every exchange. Congrats to Robbie and to you coach. There is no denying thay Robbie Lawlor is for real and made a case for a title shot. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 2:55 PM
miano60
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

got to see him fight in the front row at 35 Vs Riley and thought he was awesome. watched the fights last night but wanted to see his fight the most.
11/17/13 3:25 PM
BuddyBones

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - I've always been a huge fan, but I have to admit I was a doubter. I didn't like his chances against kos or rory to be honest. But man did he prove me wrong! I'll never doubt him again x Phone Post 3.0
Were doing kisses n shit here on the ug now? Get out of here mother fucker! Or what ever! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 3:34 PM
HolyHackZack

Can I ask your opinion on what you think went wrong in the Larkin fight? I was at that fight, and his fight vs Voelker and Robbie looks completely evolved. Size? Skill? Motivation? Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 4:02 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was emotionally invested in three fights, Ebersole, Cerrone, and Lawler. Two of three delivered in an awesome way. Big props to Robbie! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.