UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Why Hendricks deserves immed rematch

11/18/13 9:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At UFC 165, long time dominant champion Jon Jones won a controversial decision over ferocious challenger Alexander Gustafsson. It appeared that an immediate rematch was in the making. However, Jones ended up scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira, not Gustafsson again.

At UFC 167 long time dominant champion George St-Pierre won an extremely controversial decision over extremely ferocious challenger Johny Hnendricks. It appears that an immediate rematch is in the making, and at the post fight press conference, UFC president Dana White explained the difference.

"The situation was different with that one because Jon said, 'I already beat him. Now I want to fight Glover Teixeira.' He goes, 'I'll give him the rematch after.' Jon had this plan where he wanted to beat another contender and then he'd do the rematch," related White, as transcribed by MMAFighting. "I respected that. Who's Georges going to fight?"

"Who would be next?"

"I wanna fight who? He already fought Condit. Johny deserves this rematch. Every fight is different. You can't look at other situations and go, 'but in this fight...' Every fight is different. Johny Hendricks deserves this rematch."

What do you think UG? Does Hendricks deserve an immediate rematch? Do you think he will get it? And if he doesn't get it, who would GSP fight? Lawler? Askren??!?

11/18/13 9:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course Johny deserves a rematch but Dana's rationalization is fucking gross.
11/18/13 9:22 AM
forrestfan
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't he just tell Jon that he wasn't a matchmaker?
11/18/13 9:23 AM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He think he beat Georges, so yes i think georges deserves an immediate rematch.
11/18/13 9:32 AM
MagSlim

I think Dana needs to shut the fuck up until the next event and hope everyone forgets what he said at the press conference.

I would slap him in the face if I saw him in the street today. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 9:35 AM
FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye

MagSlim - I think Dana needs to shut the fuck up until the next event and hope everyone forgets what he said at the press conference.

U would do nothing of the sort. Yu would ask for a pic and pose with your fist up. Phone Post
11/18/13 9:41 AM
T Bag

DFW is essentially saying that while Jones has other good fights on deck (glover or Cormier) GSP doesn't....which is true. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 9:51 AM
MagSlim

FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye -
MagSlim - I think Dana needs to shut the fuck up until the next event and hope everyone forgets what he said at the press conference.

U would do nothing of the sort. Yu would ask for a pic and pose with your fist up. Phone Post
Ha, no. Really love watching the fights but think he's a piece of shit.

I would have no problem telling him he's a piece if shit and giving him a little chest poke for Georges.

Dude needs an ego check in a big way. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 9:53 AM
Rabid Bunyip
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's false logic, and worse, his thinly veiled motives for spouting it are disgusting.

Even if the outcome he refers to is what's right, the way he frames it up makes me look at him as nothing less than despicable. Phone Post 3.0
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Jones wasn't a match maker?
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Hendricks is going to have to wait the year to 18 months that GSP takes off after his fights to get his rematch? This rematch needs to happen within the next 6 months, or GSP can vacate his title. We do not need another "interm" champion, etc.
Rob San Soo

War Dana Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 9:54 AM
MagSlim

MMA Lives Here -

No. You wouldn't. Phone Post 3.0
What's he going to do, boxercise me?

I trane UFC bro. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 10:04 AM
Kerouac

T Bag - DFW is essentially saying that while Jones has other good fights on deck (glover or Cormier) GSP doesn't....which is true. Phone Post 3.0

Lawler just beat Rory...

If Rory would have won, and Johny would have won, Rory would have fought Johny for the belt.

So, yeh...Lawler deserves a shot imho...after Hendricks.
11/18/13 10:06 AM
SRTGEO

MagSlim - 
FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye -

Ha, no. Really love watching the fights but think he's a piece of shit.

I would have no problem telling him he's a piece if shit and giving him a little chest poke for Georges.

Dude needs an ego check in a big way. Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO....look out, e-tough guy here.

You going to give Dana White an ego check? He's not hard to find.
11/18/13 10:08 AM
BKViper
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana needs to take a few days off social and other media I think.
The stuff out of his mouth since this event has been pure shit, and I'm a Dana fan.
Telling the media your biggest star can't take some time off because his is worn out and needs a break? WTF?
No saying Jon Jones can pick his fights (after saying the exact opposite two weeks ago) but GSP can't? Jones name shouldn't even come into this, and he should stick to his first thoughts there, Jon should have no say in who he fights.
Dana, you are the promoter, you have every right to say who they fight.
You have no right whatsoever to tell them when they must fight. If a fighter needs time off, that is their choice, respect it. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 10:25 AM
Yussarian
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dana was consistent he would give both Gus and Hendricks a rematch. However, he is not. So selling the idea that one contender (Hendricks) can, while the other (Gus) cannot have a rematch is rather ambitious.

11/18/13 10:34 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice try on trying to be called out by Dana so that you can go to a UFC for free. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 10:44 AM
mongo54

MagSlim - 
MMA Lives Here -

stop being cunty
11/18/13 10:45 AM
MagSlim

UGCTT_Benwahwah -

Nice try on trying to be called out by Dana so that you can go to a UFC for free. Phone Post 3.0
Ummm.... Do you really think Dana would come I here and argue the counter point? Fuck no.

He's going to come in here and call me a goof and say everything he said at the presser was reasonable and not dickish hyperbole? He's going to defend his 'Georges owes me and the UFC more than that!?' Ha, lol @ him havin the balls to come in here and defend that steaming pile he burped out.

I don't want shit from Dana, but I do think he should apologize to the fans and the media for throwing his champ under the bus. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 10:47 AM
Lite
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it. But that's not the same that GSP owes it to him. GSP should retire, or even "boxer-retire," by which I mean, keep open the possibility of coming back.
11/18/13 10:48 AM
MagSlim

mongo54 -
MagSlim - 
MMA Lives Here -

stop being cunty
I'm the one being cunty now?

He's the asshole who was disrespectful. I'm the one calling for the fans and the media to hold him to account for his bs tripe at the presser.

Take the Dana poster off your bedroom wall and go trane. Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 10:49 AM
KingOfFighters

Pitbull3744 - 

I think fuck what Dana has to say, let GSP the human being make his own choice on what he wants to do, and not be bullied into a rematch like Andy Silva was. 

GSP has been the champ for a long damn time and has had a target on his back since forever.  If the guy wants to retire into the sunset and live the rest of his life in a different way, than i say so be it.  Tell JH that he had 25 minutes to finish the champ and he didnt do it.  Tell him next time maybe go 100 percent not 70.  

He's a fighter with a contractual obligation, thats why hes going to fight like a man, or get out of big riggs way and hand the belt over.

Its amazing how much pussies mma fans are, talking about feelings, empathy, and coddling fighters more tham their mothers.
wink91wink

AdmiralCackbar - Lawler is a more deserving contender at his weight class than Glover.

Glover has won 20 straight fights, including all 5 of his UFC fights, in which 4 were finishes. Wins over Rampage and bader. Lawler has 3 straight wins, 2 were finishes and one was a split decision, wins over Kos and Rory. Please explain how Lawler is more deserving...
The Sultan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -

I think fuck what Dana has to say, let GSP the human being make his own choice on what he wants to do, and not be bullied into a rematch like Andy Silva was. 

GSP has been the champ for a long damn time and has had a target on his back since forever.  If the guy wants to retire into the sunset and live the rest of his life in a different way, than i say so be it.  Tell JH that he had 25 minutes to finish the champ and he didnt do it.  Tell him next time maybe go 100 percent not 70.  

Agreed. He doesn't deserve a rematch at all. You fumble the ball in the 4th quarter of the superbowl on the 3 yard line for celebrating too early, you don't get to do it over. You fucked up, you fucked up.

Johny has no one to blame but himself for being a douche. I'm just happy that it cost him his championship.

Gsp doesn't owe any of those guys SHIT!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.