UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen will coach Brazilians on TUF: Brazil 3

11/18/13 11:52 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen are set to coach opposing teams on the next season TUF: Brazil, and although Silva had lobbied for USA vs. Brazil, that doesn't seem to be the case:

UFC President Dana White was recently asked to share some details on TUF: "Brazil 3," in particular, the nationalities of the fighters who will comprise Sonnen's team. White confirmed at a recent press conference that Sonnen will, in fact, coach a team of all Brazilian fighters.

"This is a big rivalry. I don’t know how many Brazilians will want be on Chael’s team, but he was a great coach on The Ultimate Fighter 17 in the U.S."

What is even more interesting in this assertion is that Sonnen seems to completely have a different idea of how the show will go down. In an interview with Bleacher Report, he recited a conversation with Joe Rogan that elaborated on UFCs supposed plans:

"My understanding is that the show will have purely Brazilian contestants. That's a little different than in America, where we bring in competitors from all over the world. I know on my last team we had a gentleman from England. I had a gentleman from Jamaica. I had a gentleman from Sweden. All on one team. But when we take the show to a foreign market, we seem to only build talent from that market. It's a bit of a different formula."

read entire article...

11/18/13 11:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I'm looking forward to the reaction of the fighters when he gets introduced the most.
11/19/13 12:00 AM
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. What Brazilian would be on the team of someone who constantly insults him and every relative and citizen there?
11/19/13 12:01 AM
ChaosOverkill
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Completely missed the boat on doing a US vs Brazil.

11/19/13 12:02 AM
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And what about the language barrier? Jds spoke way more English than sonnen does Portuguese. Big disadvantage having to have every single word of sonnens advice translated
11/19/13 12:04 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heeltoballs - Please oh please let Shogun be the coach. Shogun needs that win back. Losing to Sonnen like that is pathetic. Shogun needs his revenge. If Shogun takes Sonnen serious this time, Shogun beats Sonnen easily
Shogun embarrassed himself already, why punish him in his homeland? Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 12:11 AM
Festus
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im confused a bit

"What is even more interesting in this assertion is that Sonnen seems to completely have a different idea of how the show will go down.

In an interview with Bleacher Report, he recited a conversation with Joe Rogan that elaborated on UFCs supposed plans:
"My understanding is that the show will have purely Brazilian contestants."

Isnt that exactly what dana said?

White said chael will coach brazilians. Chael said show will have purely brazilians. Seems like they have the same idea. Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 12:34 AM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heeltoballs - Please oh please let Shogun be the coach. Shogun needs that win back. Losing to Sonnen like that is pathetic. Shogun needs his revenge. If Shogun takes Sonnen serious this time, Shogun beats Sonnen easily

Go home, thaiguy.
11/19/13 12:36 AM
ChaosOverkill
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - 
Heeltoballs - Please oh please let Shogun be the coach. Shogun needs that win back. Losing to Sonnen like that is pathetic. Shogun needs his revenge. If Shogun takes Sonnen serious this time, Shogun beats Sonnen easily

Go home, thaiguy.

Yup new sn identified, only a matter of time before the creepy sexual fawning begins again

11/19/13 1:19 AM
dhughes
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where are those Sonnen bullet-proof team jerseys someone posted a month ago?
11/19/13 1:30 AM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

I think this is even better because theres so much animosity between Chael and Brazilians.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 1:32 AM
ChaosOverkill

CindyO - 
ChaosOverkill -

I think this is even better because theres so much animosity between Chael and Brazilians.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Ya well 8 less BRazillians doesn't change that.

11/19/13 1:36 AM
FETT_the geek
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Chael was amazed that they have the internet in Brazil, his heads going to explode when he finds out they have TV's.

He must think that TUF Brazil is going to be a live performance conducted on a stage lit with candles and watched by homeless children. Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 2:05 AM
BenBJJ
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will like him there. Alot of brazilians do like him. He is a likable guy outside of character. Mark my words.
11/19/13 2:19 AM
BenBJJ
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing for sure... There will be tears. Lots of tears.
11/19/13 2:33 AM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heeltoballs - Please oh please let Shogun be the coach. Shogun needs that win back. Losing to Sonnen like that is pathetic. Shogun needs his revenge. If Shogun takes Sonnen serious this time, Shogun beats Sonnen easily
Are you retarded? Or can you not read?
It's Sonnen VS Wand son Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 2:34 AM
ChaosOverkill

ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter - 
Are you retarded? Or can you not read?
It's Sonnen VS Wand son Phone Post 3.0

It's Thiaguy, remember him?

11/19/13 2:38 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

publics_lowDown_brazilianWax - And what about the language barrier? Jds spoke way more English than sonnen does Portuguese. Big disadvantage having to have every single word of sonnens advice translated
Chael speaks Portuguese. No barrier. Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 2:45 AM
chris12

publics_lowDown_brazilianWax - And what about the language barrier? Jds spoke way more English than sonnen does Portuguese. Big disadvantage having to have every single word of sonnens advice translated
Sonnen said he's fluent in porteguese Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 12:51 PM
SQUEEZIE

Festus - Im confused a bit

"What is even more interesting in this assertion is that Sonnen seems to completely have a different idea of how the show will go down.

In an interview with Bleacher Report, he recited a conversation with Joe Rogan that elaborated on UFCs supposed plans:
"My understanding is that the show will have purely Brazilian contestants."

Isnt that exactly what dana said?

White said chael will coach brazilians. Chael said show will have purely brazilians. Seems like they have the same idea. Phone Post 3.0

thought the same thing.i think the guy gets confused and thinks dana is implying there will be all types of backgrounds and "i dont know how many brazilians will want to be on his team." i think dana was under the impression everyone knew it was all brazilian fighters.(except this guy i guess)
11/19/13 1:20 PM
Hired Gun
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless of language barrier Sonnen will be and is one hell of a coach.
11/19/13 1:22 PM
Yussarian
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Agreed. A little odd too. What are they thinking.
11/19/13 1:23 PM
caseharts
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
If your Brazilian hope you get on chael team. The wrestling he will be able will be worth it Phone Post 3.0
11/19/13 1:23 PM
RPBJJ
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those fighters will love being on his team! Thru are smart enough to know it's an act. They know they can learn tons from him. They will love being on "the villians" team. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.