UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping wants someone higher than Kennedy

11/20/13 10:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Michael Bisping has been out for several months with a detached retina, and spent the time in light training, and heavier banter on Twitter.

Tim Kennedy ‏@TimKennedyMMA
Hey @bisping you should keep your one good eye on me and get the other one healthy. ;-)

michael ‏@bisping
Don’t start acting hard because you ko’d some random Brazilian. News flash, NO ONE GIVES A S---. If u want it. April, let’s go.*

michael ‏@bisping
Well it's simple. Call the UFC and say u wanna fight me in April. Put your money where your mouth is big shot.

Just remember you asked for this. I promise I won't knee you while you are down, poke you in the eye or spit on you when it's over.

I don't think I have earned a shot at any of the top guys. I think the @UFC should give me someone like @bisping

*The tweet was later deleted, with an explanation provided:
I sent a tweet earlier aimed at Tim Kennedy," said Bisping. "in hindsight it was insulting to his opponent, for which I apologise and: have deleted my tweet.

"The Count" appeared Wednesday on UFC Tonight on FOX Sports 1, and related some good news.

"I was at the doctors this morning, they've given me the green light to start proper training again," said Bisping as transcribed by MMAFighting. "I've been running and lifting weights for awhile. Now I can get back in the gym and start working on a few things."

"I can definitely fight around March or April next year."

"I wouldn't say there's been back and forth with Tim Kennedy. I'd say there's been Tim Kennedy chomping at the bit, trying to make a name for himself. he came over from Strikeforce, he's had a couple wins over people I've never heard of, and he's trying to get some notoriety. Of course, people like to call me out, I'm no stranger to that. Good for him.

"I've never turned down an opponent once, I'm not going to start with Tim Kennedy,. If that's who the UFC wants, I'll be happy to fight him. Myself personally, I would like someone ranked a little higher up the ladder, someone in the top five maybe. But it's down to the UFC."

Bisping continued that he would prefer a fight with Lyoto Machida or Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza.

What do you think UG? Who do you want to see Bisping fight? Kennedy, Machida, Jacare, or?

11/20/13 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he calling out Diaz?

11/20/13 11:05 PM
UGCTT_granite007
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm. Tim is right there. I'd like to see a Mike vs. Tim. Sure, Mike has done more. But, Tim is pissing on trees in the UFC. This fight makes sense to me. I'd like to see it.

11/20/13 11:07 PM
Dreville79
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare would make more sense Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 11:12 PM
UGCTT_granite007
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dreville79 - Jacare would make more sense Phone Post 3.0

True enough. Yes.

11/20/13 11:15 PM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see Mike box up Tim
11/20/13 11:18 PM
Res Non Verba
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/13 11:25 PM

11/20/13 11:19 PM
Joemacka
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare was the perfect fight. Tim should of fought carmont Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 11:23 PM
RyannVonDoom

He just said on live fucking tv that he wanted tim kennedy. 

11/20/13 11:27 PM
brahmabull81
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRXC - I like both of these guys and enjoy watching them fight, but you can't oversell the pair of balls a non-finisher like Bisping has.

Michael doesn't shy away from calling out some heavy hitters every chance he gets. He's much like Sonnen in the sense that he will only beat 25% of those top tier fighters he makes waves about, but I personally love the willingness to fight the best over and over.

In the case of this match up, I think Kennedy wins it.

Him not being a finisher is kind of a misconception. Hes no KO artist but he does get plenty of finishes.

That being said, I agree overall with your post that hes got gigantic balls.
11/20/13 11:31 PM
UGCTT_granite007

brahmabull81 - 
MRXC - I like both of these guys and enjoy watching them fight, but you can't oversell the pair of balls a non-finisher like Bisping has.

Michael doesn't shy away from calling out some heavy hitters every chance he gets. He's much like Sonnen in the sense that he will only beat 25% of those top tier fighters he makes waves about, but I personally love the willingness to fight the best over and over.

Him not being a finisher is kind of a misconception. Hes no KO artist but he does get plenty of finishes.

That's why I love Mike.  no homo

11/21/13 1:59 AM
Harry Bat
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kennedy has got nothing for bisping! Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 5:04 AM
Gazman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRXC - I like both of these guys and enjoy watching them fight, but you can't oversell the pair of balls a non-finisher like Bisping has.

Wether people love or hate him you've gotta respect the fact that he'll fight anyone. Good luck to anyone with that attitude! Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 5:20 AM
ken amtrack

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U -

Is he calling out Diaz?

Childish...but I'm down cause who is higher..Bisnizzel v Diazness FTW Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:11 AM
GarlicSauce

Edited: 11/21/13 7:11 AM
I hope Bisping takes it. I'd love to see that war criminal get his ass kicked.
11/21/13 7:12 AM
JBASS
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 -

Not exactly, in his last 12 fights he has only had 1 finish that wasn't somehow tainted. His only other finishes were against a Miller whom was gassed by the time he got to the cage and the Rivera fight (no need to say any more).

Agree that TK takes it, VTFU Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:13 AM
JBASS

MRXC - I like both of these guys and enjoy watching them fight, but you can't oversell the pair of balls a non-finisher like Bisping has.

^^Vtfu for both guys that is hahaha Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:16 AM
Stea1th

Silly bisping. Jds barely in top 10 Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:23 AM
Frobenius
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And so he should! Kennedy is a nobody, and Bisping is a top 5 guy. Kennedy should stay in his lane and try and notch up a few more wins before he runs his mouth again.

I really do not want to see Mike fighting anything other than top 5 guys. Right now that's Machida, Belfort, Weidman, or Silva. Machida makes the most sense imo.

If it's someone outside the top 5, it has to be an interesting fight. Seeing as we have re-match fever right now I'd like to see him have another shot at Sonnen. Diaz would also be a fun fight, but would be a waste if it were anything other than 5 rounds.

Mike needs to be fighting top guys, that's the only way he'll get closer to a title shot.

Great news that he'll be back training soon, he is a real asset to the UFC and it would have been a massive shame to lose him to an injury.
11/21/13 7:30 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Mike deserves a top five opponent but Kennedy would be a good tune up fight after his lay off.

Gets rid of the ring rust, chalks up another win then moves on to the top rankers.

Nice. Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:50 AM
MCR_Andy
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure who else Bisping can fight apart from TK.

Timeline wise the following is happening at MW:

Dec - Silva v Weidman
Jan - Rockhold v Philippou
Feb - Machida v Mousasi
Feb - Jacare v Carmont

And Belfort set to face the winner of the first fight.

Who else is relevant and not already booked up at MW? Even Le is tied up with TUF China.

Looks like Mike is fighting Tim unless he is prepared to wait until the middle of next year for this next fight.

Personally, as no one else is available, i say it's a good fight for Bisping who takes a UD. Then he's ready to face the winner of Jacare v Carmont or Machida v Mousasi while Belfort fights for the title.

11/21/13 7:52 AM
BrowneReemJob
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear that he can fight again. He's got some really interesting match ups at MW right now. Jacare, Rockhold and TK would all be great fights and he has the tools to beat any of them Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 8:00 AM
Frobenius
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there's no top matchups at MW, I would like to see him go to LHW again. A rematch against rashad would be interesting, and there are plenty of other good fights for him there.
11/21/13 8:08 AM
Since93

I have no interest in Tim Kennedy. Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 8:19 AM
Flannerz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Mike deserves a top five opponent but Kennedy would be a good tune up fight after his lay off.

Gets rid of the ring rust, chalks up another win then moves on to the top rankers.

Nice. Phone Post 3.0

I came into this thread to say that Bisping has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this fight, but I agree with you that it will be a good tune up fight for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.