UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jessamyn Duke's blog exposes bad TUF editing.

11/20/13 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pegson123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/13 11:39 PM

Read Jessamyn's Blog. It tells of a whole storyline that the UFC/Fox/Pilgrim edited out. One where Rousey cut 16 pounds in a day, and beat Miesha Tate during the cvoaches challenge. Just to show her team there was no reasonb to quit like sharkbait did. 

Yet once again the UFC edited it out and made it look like Dana talked her out of it

Read More http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1859469-tuf-18-jessamyn-duke-fighter-blog-episode-12

11/20/13 11:29 PM
RicGillespie

Who exactly at the UFC is editing this tv show? Or do you mean Fox, the actual people that produce and edit it?
11/20/13 11:42 PM
pegson123

UFC/Pilgrim studios edited out the fact that Ronda Rousey actually cut 17 pounds in 24 hours to show it could be done when Sharkbait quit & then won the coaches challenges 22 hours into the cut. She weighed in at 136lb. The editing made it look like dana talked her out of it #Tuf18

11/20/13 11:42 PM
BuddyRevell
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting insight. I'm not fond of Ronda's  TV persona, but she's definitely a beast. Not too surprised she beat Miesha even in the middle of a weight cut. I expect a fairly easy win for her in the rematch.

11/21/13 12:10 AM
CaliKush
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit Ronda Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 12:44 AM
ekiben
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

now i understand why everyone laughed when dana white said there's nos energy drinks at the coaches challenge. it was after sharkbait already got kicked out after drinking a nos the day of the weigh-in.

11/21/13 12:57 AM
Edelweiss
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pegson, in another thread you told me you would PM me who you are, but you never did. Who are you?! I promise I won't tell anyone, but I'm dying to know. I have an idea though... Phone Post
11/21/13 1:21 AM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe jessamyn. You can actually see it in Ronda's face later in the episode. During some of her one on one talks with the camera. I thought I noticed something different about her and this explains it. Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 1:40 AM
Feelz Good

RicGillespie - Who exactly at the UFC is editing this tv show? Or do you mean Fox, the actual people that produce and edit it?
UFC retains creative control, that's pretty much universally known. The UFC staff produce that show. The whole reason the UFC didn't have a deal with a major network before Fox is that they aren't willing to give up creative control. Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 1:42 AM
shaqitup
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did they edit a stunt double treating miesha like garbage after beating her in the coaches challenge?

11/21/13 2:08 AM
pegson123

Edelweiss - Pegson, in another thread you told me you would PM me who you are, but you never did. Who are you?! I promise I won't tell anyone, but I'm dying to know. I have an idea though... Phone Post

you might have the wrong fella. Unless I have stroked and forgotten. I don't recall ever saying I would DM you. Weird.

11/21/13 2:09 AM
pegson123

shaqitup - 

did they edit a stunt double treating miesha like garbage after beating her in the coaches challenge?

no that was cgi bro

11/21/13 2:11 AM
pegson123

willienugget - 
pegson123 - 

UFC/Pilgrim studios edited out the fact that Ronda Rousey actually cut 17 pounds in 24 hours to show it could be done when Sharkbait quit & then won the coaches challenges 22 hours into the cut. She weighed in at 136lb. The editing made it look like dana talked her out of it #Tuf18

If they show only two girls weigh in next week then you can say that. Until then, you're offbase.

all the blogs that just got written would be off base too. unless they re-edit the show which they will

11/21/13 2:14 AM
HexRei

pegson123 - 
shaqitup - 

no that was cgi bro

man the UFC will go to no ends to make ronda look bad.
11/21/13 2:16 AM
HexRei

pegson123 - 
willienugget - 
pegson123 - 

If they show only two girls weigh in next week then you can say that. Until then, you're offbase.

all the blogs that just got written would be off base too. unless they re-edit the show which they will

I heard they might quadruple-edit it, to make it look like meisha was making ronda look like hallman was making dracula look bad.
11/21/13 4:24 AM
B_Goetz

Ronda's self aggrandizing stunt has nothing to do with the show. There's no reason it should be included. It has nothing to do with Guieterez failing to make weight. If you had to sit through a montage of Ronda sitting in the sauna for five hours it would just lead to more complaints.

The "poor Ronda" complaints are a bit much. She wants to be a heel. You don't have to worry about her.
11/21/13 5:04 AM
riddlin
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As soon as I heard Guieterez pick Duke and Baszler to be in his corner I started rooting for the other guy.

Guszler and Dukie are gonna tow the Rousey line and do all they can to try and save her image.
11/21/13 5:29 AM
ABE FROMAN

She's annoying with this save Rhonda crap. Who is she, her publicist? Phone Post
11/21/13 5:32 AM
ChaosOverkill
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - She's annoying with this save Rhonda crap. Who is she, her publicist? Phone Post

Ronda is a cult now, it's like two circle queens on the playground, rivals for Bradley Smith's affection, the boy with freckles who's good at dodgeball in gym class.

11/21/13 5:41 AM
MMAtador

Maybe there will be another one of those stupid Recap episodes before the finale showing bonus footage. Either way who cares ??? So she lost weight to inspire him it didn't work why show that? Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 5:52 AM
pegson123

I won't say as its not my place. But I hope Ronda or someone in the Full know comes out with the true story about the producer. She no innocent victim Phone Post
11/21/13 5:53 AM
pegson123

Sounds like the show is going to be re edited to include it. Found the whispers.

See the rock climbing actually I occurred after sharbait has been sent home Phone Post
11/21/13 5:58 AM
BRZ

Maybe they didn't have time to put it in last nights show? Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 6:22 AM
xaeo

It's been proved for ever people can cut shit ton of weight. The fact the Ronda did it just makes her seem more psycho like Dana was clearing thinking when Ronda was telling him her idea lol Phone Post 3.0
11/21/13 7:07 AM
stonepony

MMA Lives Here - Why would they edit that out OP? To make their golden girl/cash cow/whole reason women are in the UFC look bad?

Not seeing it, sorry Phone Post 3.0

Liability. They can't be seen giving their blessing to RR doing an extreme weight cut before a rock climbing competition.

Guarantee it was the lawyers who made this call. It should have been aired. And Duke is right for talking about it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.