UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Brothers in Iron

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/2/14 9:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - Holy fuck Brandon Lilly deadlifted 705 today. How long ago was it that his knee exploded? What a monster! Bunch of new vids on Smellys instagram
Did he squat as well? Or maybe that's asking too much at this stage

Either way that's very impressive Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 10:46 AM
LiftorDie
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwoCanVanneDamne -
TryhardNobody - Holy fuck Brandon Lilly deadlifted 705 today. How long ago was it that his knee exploded? What a monster! Bunch of new vids on Smellys instagram

He squatted 135... Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 10:46 AM
LiftorDie
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/Lpgnhy531TM

Boom goes the dynamite. Finally 315 strict OHP. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 11:19 AM
RdotC
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie - http://youtu.be/Lpgnhy531TM

Boom goes the dynamite. Finally 315 strict OHP. Phone Post 3.0
Congrats Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 11:24 AM
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie -
TwoCanVanneDamne -

I can't tell if your joking but I assume your not and he just wanted to get a lift in for the comp and some sort of a total? Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 11:33 AM
LiftorDie

TwoCanVanneDamne -
LiftorDie -
TwoCanVanneDamne -

I can't tell if your joking but I assume your not and he just wanted to get a lift in for the comp and some sort of a total? Phone Post 3.0
Yes. It was pretty cool. Got a standing ovation. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 12:16 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne

LiftorDie -
TwoCanVanneDamne -
LiftorDie -
TwoCanVanneDamne -

Yes. It was pretty cool. Got a standing ovation. Phone Post 3.0
Oh sweet. Yeah sounds cool.

Good for him Phone Post 3.0
6/2/14 11:22 PM
LiftorDie

I think I'm going to get a rogue monster lite squat stand for my garage for benching/squatting. I don't think I'll be deadlifting in the garage as I don't want to damage the floor, but if I can bench and squat at home it will make the baby transition much easier. Anyone have any experience with rogue squat stands? Will it be capable of holding up to me slamming 500-650 lbs around on it? Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 12:12 AM
Amos Moses
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know about the squat stands, but grab some rubber mats designed for horse stalls to put on the floor. You should be able to deadlift without damaging the floor. That's my plan at least, because when I looked at dicks sporting goods and then at exercise and leisure, I can't tell a difference between their rubber mats and the mats at tractor supply.

Food for thought. I'm deadlifting on a big strip of extra carpet at the moment, so I've been doing a little bit of research. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 12:32 AM
surf2live
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a rogue Econ squat stand and I like it. I don't squat 500-650lbs though. I hate you!!! j/k
6/3/14 12:55 AM
LiftorDie

Amos Moses - I don't know about the squat stands, but grab some rubber mats designed for horse stalls to put on the floor. You should be able to deadlift without damaging the floor. That's my plan at least, because when I looked at dicks sporting goods and then at exercise and leisure, I can't tell a difference between their rubber mats and the mats at tractor supply.

Food for thought. I'm deadlifting on a big strip of extra carpet at the moment, so I've been doing a little bit of research. Phone Post 3.0
I don't trust a rubber Mat enough to drop a deadlift on it. I'm not repairing my garage floor. I can go to the gym twice a week. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 12:56 AM
LiftorDie

surf2live - I have a rogue Econ squat stand and I like it. I don't squat 500-650lbs though. I hate you!!! j/k
How's the stability? You ever feel like it's gonna tip when you rack the bar? Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 1:51 AM
surf2live
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope hasn't felt like it was going to tip at all. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 1:59 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie - 
surf2live - I have a rogue Econ squat stand and I like it. I don't squat 500-650lbs though. I hate you!!! j/k
How's the stability? You ever feel like it's gonna tip when you rack the bar? Phone Post 3.0

I've got a stand like that, but it's a no-name brand piece of shit that came direct from China in a flat pack. You definitely feel it rock a little when racking, but it's never felt unsafe for me.

I'm not squatting 200kg on it or anything.
6/3/14 6:26 AM
LiftorDie

TryhardNobody -

http://www.garage-gyms.com/power-rack-squat-stand-review/

Thanks broseph. I think I'm gonna do it. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/14 8:51 AM
Wenger Touched Me
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any thoughts on training for the supertotal?

Good to be well rounded if you're not competing or better to be a master of one discipline?

http://www.pendlay.com/Training-for-the-Supertotal_df_89.html
6/4/14 9:17 AM
LiftorDie

Wenger Touched Me - Any thoughts on training for the supertotal?

Good to be well rounded if you're not competing or better to be a master of one discipline?

http://www.pendlay.com/Training-for-the-Supertotal_df_89.html
I've always enjoyed oly lifts, but my front rack position is so terrible I always get frustrated after a couple weeks and stop. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 9:49 AM
Amos Moses
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm starting a friend of mine on 5/3/1. He hasn't touched a weight in like six years, so I've got some work to do to get him up to speed.

He has never deadlifted before, ever, so I'm going to be teaching him the movement from scratch. Also, his squat needs some serious work as his knees immediately shoot in as soon as he starts to descend, even with no weight on the bar. He can't squat to depth with or without weight. It's like his hamstrings just won't allow it. The only way he can get to depth is by leaning forward and getting up on his toes. Obviously that isn't going to work during a squat.

So I'm thinking he needs some mobility work and stretches to loosen up the hamstrings, and plenty of practice on forcing the knees out when he squats.

Any tips? Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 9:58 AM
esque
990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr. Goodman's Foundation Training will work his glutes/hamstrings: http://www.foundationtraining.com/videos_and_blog/lower-back-exercises-with-dr-eric-goodman/

I used to do a ton of sun salutations to increase mobility (24 each day for about 100 days):

He should also learn to sit in a squatted position before starting the squat.

6/4/14 12:03 PM
fuzzislipperz
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amos Moses - I'm starting a friend of mine on 5/3/1. He hasn't touched a weight in like six years, so I've got some work to do to get him up to speed.

He has never deadlifted before, ever, so I'm going to be teaching him the movement from scratch. Also, his squat needs some serious work as his knees immediately shoot in as soon as he starts to descend, even with no weight on the bar. He can't squat to depth with or without weight. It's like his hamstrings just won't allow it. The only way he can get to depth is by leaning forward and getting up on his toes. Obviously that isn't going to work during a squat.

So I'm thinking he needs some mobility work and stretches to loosen up the hamstrings, and plenty of practice on forcing the knees out when he squats.

Any tips? Phone Post 3.0
Kelly Starret videos on YouTube for mobility. Using a resistance band around your knees and doing bodyweight squats is a good way to teach driving the knees out. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 12:36 PM
GROUNDnLB
760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doing my pre-workout dump before hitting arms. I know, I know, TMI Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 12:47 PM
esque
990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just did it. Getting off work in 15. Then it's deadlifts. Then it's steak.

6/4/14 7:28 PM
Amos Moses

Squats felt great tonight.

140x5

175x5

205x3

260x5

315x3 this was supposed to be 295x3, but goofed loading the bar. Oops.

330x6

260x5x5

Then some face pulls, 4 sets of 20 Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 6:34 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne

660 deadlift today finally. Fucking grinder though

Next stop 670 in a few weeks Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 3:01 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne

TryhardNobody - Went to a new gym today. I almost always have good experiences going to a new gym. It makes me try harder. Hit a new pr on bench with reps on the Spoto program
Do you rate the Spoto program? Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.