UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Brothers in Iron

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/4/13 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LiftorDie
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amos Moses - I'm using Wendler's 5/3/1. I'm on week thirteen, I think.

My goal is to compete in a raw meet early next year and total over 1100 at 165lbs. If I can pull 450, squat 400, and bench 250 I'll be happy.

I don't know how feasible that is, but that's my goal. I'm making awesome gains right now, but I know I'll slow down soon. I posted on the elitefts ask a question board, and asked if I should slow down. Right now I'm doing all four lifts of 5/3/1 on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. Matt Rhodes told me that I should ride the lightning and keep at it. I figure my body will let me know when it's time to slow down. Phone Post 3.0
One of the benefits of being a young lifter and especially being small, is a quicker recovery time. Keep doing what your doing. The possibility of someone with your lifting experience "overtraining" is slim to none. If you do plateau, which is probably a long way off, you could go to doing each lift twice a week and up the intensity and volume on those days, but for now, stick with what's working. Phone Post 3.0
12/4/13 3:42 PM
Amos Moses
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger that, chief! Phone Post 3.0
12/4/13 3:44 PM
TryhardNobody
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If what George Leeman is doing in the video above is rack pulling, then i just rack pulled 805lbs with no straps for 3 reps. I LOVE POWERLIFTING!!!!!! makes you forget about all your problems. im so fucking happy right now
12/4/13 4:28 PM
Amos Moses
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice. Now I want to see what I can do. Challenge accepted! Phone Post 3.0
12/4/13 6:12 PM
LiftorDie
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't watch the video. When you said off blocks I figured you meant like a normal 3-6 in block. Phone Post 3.0
12/4/13 6:56 PM
TryhardNobody
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya i didnt know what to call what Leeman was doing. I was trying to get 2 separate ideas across and jumbled em together. Idk what George is doing in that video but im almost positive im doing as much weight as he is which is fucking nuts. Next week ima see how long i can hold it. Interested to see what you can do on that too Amos. Good luck, let me know when you try it. My hands are fucking wrecked right now.
12/4/13 7:41 PM
RandomMan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

t
12/5/13 10:31 AM
Amos Moses

Uhh, you win THN lol. I can only put 540lbs on my bar because I have an odd number of five pound plates. I couldn't do it without straps :( Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 12:43 PM
TryhardNobody

I didnt win anything bro. Guarantee i get the exact same feeling with 805 on the bar that you get with 540. Pushing yourself to the limit is what its all about. Thats what i love about powerlifting. The numbers dont really matter. All that matters is 5 or 10lbs more than last time. One more rep. Pushing yourself past what you thought you could do. We're all on the same journey. Also you be amazed how fast your grip improves once you decide to drop the straps. Wasnt too many months ago i needed straps for any deadlift over 450. When i started leaving the straps at home the grip came around fast. Sorry if i sound like a d-bag, i really love this shit. i get excited just thinking about it
12/5/13 5:18 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1988 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronnie Coleman's first powerlifting meet
And some old guy

http://youtu.be/aOb-gxn8hKw Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 6:18 PM
Amos Moses

Hell no you don't sound like a dbag. You sound like me lol. And I'm not going to lie, it did feel good.

I don't use my straps until the last two or three reps of my final set, and I'm hoping I'll be able to ween myself off of them in time. Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 7:16 PM
WillD
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep having lower back spasms. I couldn't even get out of my car. What gives? Anyone ever get this? It didn't happen while I was lifting but I have to believe they're related. Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 7:18 PM
Devlin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub's for motivation, I'm just training ATM' starting 531 soon. How you liking it? Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 9:44 PM
LiftorDie

Amos Moses - Hell no you don't sound like a dbag. You sound like me lol. And I'm not going to lie, it did feel good.

I don't use my straps until the last two or three reps of my final set, and I'm hoping I'll be able to ween myself off of them in time. Phone Post 3.0
The quickest way to up your grip strength, is to drop the straps. Don't ween off, just quit using them. Burn the fuckers. Phone Post 3.0
12/5/13 10:11 PM
GROUNDnLB
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie -
Amos Moses - Hell no you don't sound like a dbag. You sound like me lol. And I'm not going to lie, it did feel good.

The quickest way to up your grip strength, is to drop the straps. Don't ween off, just quit using them. Burn the fuckers. Phone Post 3.0
QFT Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 2:28 AM
LiftorDie

I got my cardio in for the week. 315 x 20 bench press Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 2:46 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1988 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie - I got my cardio in for the week. 315 x 20 bench press Phone Post 3.0
Jeeeeeeeezus! Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 8:44 AM
TryhardNobody

LiftorDie - 

LiftorDie is who inspired me to leave straps at home with his no strap deadlift video. He helped me get where i am now
12/6/13 9:52 AM
GROUNDnLB
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftorDie - I got my cardio in for the week. 315 x 20 bench press Phone Post 3.0
Fuuuuck... I think that is more impressive than Paea's combine bench of 225 49 times.

http://youtu.be/ee2cWddxHdI Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 11:06 AM
TryhardNobody

great video- also put it in S&C but i know lot of ppl dont go there

12/6/13 12:35 PM
TFK_Ninja Chef
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for motivation to compete again !!! Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 12:52 PM
Amos Moses

Alright that does it. No more straps.

And holy shit at 315x20. Good god man... Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 2:51 PM
LiftorDie

I took a video. It was sort of unplanned. I kinda jacked up my wrist trying to pause press 525 on Sunday so I planned on going light. My buddy just kinda suggested I try 315 for max reps. I maybe could've fought through a few more. I'll post the vid when I get home tonight. In the next couple of weeks I'm gonna try 225 for 50. I don't think I have the stamina for that many reps of anything but I'll give it a shot. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 2:55 PM
LiftorDie

TryhardNobody -
LiftorDie - 

LiftorDie is who inspired me to leave straps at home with his no strap deadlift video. He helped me get where i am now
And yes. Before I decided to compete I always used straps. When I quit using them it dropped my DL from 585 to 455...big drop. I'm just now back up around 600 and that was about a year and a half ago. If I knew how much work it took to get back to where I was I would've dropped them sooner. If you don't plan on competing, then by all means use them and get cock diesel strong, but if you wanna compete, stop using them now. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 4:09 PM
KOArtist
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fellow iron brotha man here too. Here's a 545 tug from a couple months ago. Hoping to surpass at least 655 in 2014.

http://youtu.be/jGq0H3_8h5o Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.