UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain vs Jon

11/24/13 11:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You all forgot how tired Jones was against Gus? With Cain's power, speed and conditioning... Pfff please. Jones would get raped. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 11:44 PM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't you read the last part of his post you dumbass?

"170 just RECENTLY became incredibly stacked"

11/24/13 11:45 PM
Good Sir
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toss up imo. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 11:46 PM
The Brool Story Company

and lol@putting Diaz in there. a guy who got a title shot for losing his last fight. and who is known to have terrible wrestling, going against a guy with the best wrestling.
11/24/13 11:50 PM
The Pendulum

The Brool Story Company - and lol@putting Diaz in there. a guy who got a title shot for losing his last fight. and who is known to have terrible wrestling, going against a guy with the best wrestling.
Still stuffed half of GSPs takedowns. Same as Hendricks. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 11:53 PM
The Pendulum

IhaveDSL'SforPettis -
The Pendulum -
Simon H - Jones hasn't been in this sport very long and has accomplished more than Cain has. Not saying he will win for sure but given how talented Jones is it is foolish to count him out completely. He's the #1 pound for pound in most peoples books for christ sakes. Two years from now he could wipe the floor with Cain for all we know. Lastly, what do you guys expect a professional fighter to say? "Cain's too good for me, ill never move to HW" ?? Phone Post 3.0
No.1 p4p. We all know that's shit. Jon has 5 title defences in the second weakest division in the sport. GSP, on the other hand, has 9 in the most stacked division - with one close fight.

The two aren't even comparable. Phone Post 3.0
GSP had most those wins in one of the least stacked divisions. 170 just recently became incredibly stacked Phone Post 3.0
Stacked to the top 20, but it has always been top 7/8 heavy. Which is far better than LHWs 4, two of which haven't fought the champ, and HWs 3, with one that hasn't fought the champ. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 12:40 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - Uhhh? Jones is not supposed to win by keeping Cain down, but by outstriking him using reach and kicks, avoiding being taken down.

Personally, i think he can do that for a short amount of time but eventually crumble under Cains relentless pace. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think pace would be an issue because Jones would control the pace. And I think he's the superior wrestler from the clinch Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 12:40 AM
CHiLLEN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't put anything passed Jon. Those long limbs are deadly on feat and ground.

Depending on Jon's physique when he is at heavy weight. If he can add solid muscle everywhere, it would be an interesting fight.

Would go with Cain at this time. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 12:43 AM
The Brool Story Company

lol@Jones controlling the pace. good god.
11/25/13 12:57 AM
Tripitaka's Triangle
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would prefer to see jones get last JDS first Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 1:37 AM
The Pendulum

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
pidgey - Uhhh? Jones is not supposed to win by keeping Cain down, but by outstriking him using reach and kicks, avoiding being taken down.

Personally, i think he can do that for a short amount of time but eventually crumble under Cains relentless pace. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think pace would be an issue because Jones would control the pace. And I think he's the superior wrestler from the clinch Phone Post 3.0
Jon control that pace?

Dear God man. You do know we're talking about a hypothetical matchup against arguably the fittest man on the UFC roster. Jon's pace got controlled be Gus last fight. Cain would maul him.

And I've already said that Brock was supposed to be the superior wrestler, look how that went down. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 2:06 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Pendulum -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Jon control that pace?

Dear God man. You do know we're talking about a hypothetical matchup against arguably the fittest man on the UFC roster. Jon's pace got controlled be Gus last fight. Cain would maul him.

And I've already said that Brock was supposed to be the superior wrestler, look how that went down. Phone Post 3.0
Brock is in no way comparable yo anything Jones does. Jones is better at everything but size/strength and it really isn't even close. Gus controlled the pace by defending takedowns and boxing from the outside, something Cain isn't going to do. Would it really be that unreasonable for Jones to control the center of the cage and defend takedowns? Or at the very least keep the clinch even?

Dude has one close fight with a 6'5" boxer and people decide he's not that good and it showed fighters with a style nothing like Gustafson will beat him easily. The hate for him is a little amusing. Sure he's annoying and arrogant, but he's also an incredible fighter. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 3:02 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
The Pendulum -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Jon control that pace?

Brock is in no way comparable yo anything Jones does. Jones is better at everything but size/strength and it really isn't even close. Gus controlled the pace by defending takedowns and boxing from the outside, something Cain isn't going to do. Would it really be that unreasonable for Jones to control the center of the cage and defend takedowns? Or at the very least keep the clinch even?

Dude has one close fight with a 6'5" boxer and people decide he's not that good and it showed fighters with a style nothing like Gustafson will beat him easily. The hate for him is a little amusing. Sure he's annoying and arrogant, but he's also an incredible fighter. Phone Post 3.0
On the flip side, you can also see where Cain would walk through whatever Jon throws and dish it out right back and set a pace? He did that to JDS, except I think Cain would throw inside punches instead of clinching, because I do agree that Jones is better in the clinch. But yeah, I think Cain would get inside on Jones and box him up. We've seen that Jones doesn't like getting hit. He can take a hit, but many hits that lands throws him off just a bit and you can see it.

Cain would employ the same tactic to Jon he did for JDS. wrestle when he thinks he's gonna strike, strike when he thinks he's gonna wrestle.

Imo. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 3:20 AM
meekie01

Sounds like Jon runnin from Cormier to me. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 3:31 AM
The Pendulum

captain falcon -
slamming -
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - 
The Pendulum -
Simon H - Jones hasn't been in this sport very long and has accomplished more than Cain has. Not saying he will win for sure but given how talented Jones is it is foolish to count him out completely. He's the #1 pound for pound in most peoples books for christ sakes. Two years from now he could wipe the floor with Cain for all we know. Lastly, what do you guys expect a professional fighter to say? "Cain's too good for me, ill never move to HW" ?? Phone Post 3.0
No.1 p4p. We all know that's shit. Jon has 5 title defences in the second weakest division in the sport. GSP, on the other hand, has 9 in the most stacked division - with one close fight.

The two aren't even comparable. Phone Post 3.0
GSP had most those wins in one of the least stacked divisions. 170 just recently became incredibly stacked Phone Post 3.0

Yeah because Hughes, Fitch, Koscheck, Alves, Penn, Diaz, Condit, Hendricks just scream shallow division.
Jon made the division look weak that's all Phone Post 3.0
No, it's been weak for years. It had four guys, now it's got two. Maybe four depending on how DC does, and if Rashad can get it back. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 3:46 AM
Frankie Emelianenko

Cain'll beat TRT Bones too even if Jon wanted the extra boost Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 6:29 AM
KnockoutThoughts
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brody3316 - He could hire Vitor's strength and conditioning coach. Phone Post 3.0
This post made me think: What if CAIN brought in Vitor's conditioning coach. That guy would be scary. Ripped Cain would have contenders pulling out of fights due to undisclosed injuries. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 7:21 AM
Joeldbear762

SporkChop -
Joeldbear762 - Him saying that is nearly as funny as when he wanted to box the Kitchkos. Cain wins by heavy molestation. Phone Post 3.0

Good memory.

Yeah, Jones is just talking himself up and creating controversy.

If you ask me, Jones is doing this to hide from Cormier.

Cormier said 3 oclock at the flagpole, and Jones went home sick at 11am.
I don't know if he's running from cormier. Seems like Cain would be the worse match up. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 8:07 AM
Ben Gardners boat
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain all day aswell as most big heavies.

I can't see jones being big enough to be able to dominate like he does v everyone who isn't Gus.

He's not built like Overeem was as a light heavy so I don't buy him becoming UberJones.

I'd like to see him try though. There's no doubting he's a great light heavyweight and he's tough as shit despite his gifts. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 8:22 AM
Naughty Gorilla

LOL calling LHW a weak division.. definitely stronger than HW and MW Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 9:51 AM
EddieBRUISEDmyBumholeAwyeah
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think if he adds some weight, he has a decent shot. Cain is a really fast HW, though. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 10:29 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
The Pendulum -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Jon control that pace?

On the flip side, you can also see where Cain would walk through whatever Jon throws and dish it out right back and set a pace? He did that to JDS, except I think Cain would throw inside punches instead of clinching, because I do agree that Jones is better in the clinch. But yeah, I think Cain would get inside on Jones and box him up. We've seen that Jones doesn't like getting hit. He can take a hit, but many hits that lands throws him off just a bit and you can see it.

Cain would employ the same tactic to Jon he did for JDS. wrestle when he thinks he's gonna strike, strike when he thinks he's gonna wrestle.

Imo. Phone Post 3.0
Yes I could see Velasquez doing that. He's a beast. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either one of these guys would win easily. Never is when you get to that level.

I don't think anything that happened in his fight with Gustafson should be influencing opinions too much though. Cain just fights nothing like him Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 11:33 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain pushes him against the cage and knocks his ass around until JBJ has had enough. I don't think this fight would be close. Jones won't be able to hold a dominant position and he doesn't have ko power. It would be a long night for the humble one. Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 12:27 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ep32nv - If Ronda can Jon has a chance Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 1:25 PM
tunaburn
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What you fail to realize is that when Jon goes up to heavyweight he will really weigh the same as cain. He walks around at like 230 already.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.