UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Here is my Bellator opening I directed

11/29/13 2:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Razak
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG though good and bad inspires me Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 2:22 AM
NatualBornTickler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw this at chandler n Alvarez 2 thought was a really well made intro, now to find a UGer made it im blown away mate. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 2:49 AM
Bobby Razak
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tickler you British? Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 2:51 AM
lookoutawhale
1040 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - I hate to be a hater Bobby, but while you are a skilled guy and I am very happy for all your success being able to meld two things you love into a career, that opening is the kind of boring "guys in the gym + KO highlights" that is keeping this sport in the basement. A little slo-mo and some loud music does not bring the epic feel the sport needs to get to the next level.

I only say this because I think you have the talent and passion to do something truly great that will actually inspire new fans...

for curiosity sake, what do you have in mind when thinking of a good opening? what were somethings that could have been added for Bellator?

11/29/13 3:48 AM
Korpiklaani
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats crazy awsome, great job
11/29/13 10:35 AM
Bobby Razak

:) Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 10:50 AM
Warriormmd
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was incredible. Really love all the different angles the cameras come and go at Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 11:42 AM
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 9:37 PM
NatualBornTickler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Razak - Tickler you British? Phone Post 3.0
Na just a simple convict from Aussie Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 9:45 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome
11/30/13 9:03 PM
Bobby Razak

NatualBornTickler ha nice
12/1/13 1:43 PM
Haulport

lookoutawhale - 
Haulport - I hate to be a hater Bobby, but while you are a skilled guy and I am very happy for all your success being able to meld two things you love into a career, that opening is the kind of boring "guys in the gym + KO highlights" that is keeping this sport in the basement. A little slo-mo and some loud music does not bring the epic feel the sport needs to get to the next level.

I only say this because I think you have the talent and passion to do something truly great that will actually inspire new fans...

for curiosity sake, what do you have in mind when thinking of a good opening? what were somethings that could have been added for Bellator?

Just off the top of my head...

Start with the sound of a resting heartbeat playing under black and quickly cutting to big CUs of the stars of Bellator. Individual shots that fade to black and fade in, synched to the heartbeat. Ambiguous, dark BG with golden light highlights. They are turning their heads in super slo-mo, sweat dripping. Low string music comes in underneath the heartbeat slowly picking up pace and volume (the music from the clip is fine, but add more lower register strings). Then we see them all walking towards the cage (no stock footage), shot from low angles in slo-mo. It is important to subtly express a different personality aspect for each fighter (a different theme) like the King Mo and Rampage parts (Page howling, King Mo with his crown, etc.). stay away from everyone wearing hoodies and gym clothes. As you cut between and back to each fighter use shots of them getting more and more excited as the are approaching the (unseen) cage.

Then it cuts to longer, waist-up shots of the fighters getting ready to fight as if they are waiting for the ref to let them go. Each doing something different (slapping knees, shaking their heads, clutching their fists, etc.). They each charge towards the camera and it cuts to a rapid montage of fists and feet and knees connecting to heads and bodies, arms getting wrenched (all CUs) and various recreations of famous Bellator finishes as the music comes to it's crescendo and the Bellator logo spins in to take center stage on a black BG.

I think you could get pretty far out there too and it would be very interesting: i.e. taking themes like the elements or evolution and cutting to footage of these things between fighter shots (I mean as far out as clips of animals fighting in the Serengeti morphing into grappling, etc.).

I understand what purpose Bellator is trying to serve asking for their product footage being used, shots of Bjorn and Mercedes and aping the “general sporting event”/Fox production with the ring and the arena but I find MMA to not fit in well with that. Team sports are about uniformity and MMA is about the individual and that needs to be communicated otherwise you are just left with guys kicking and punching each other and that doesn't resonate to a truly broad audience.
12/1/13 2:26 PM
Bobby Razak

I hate that concept especially the heart beat lol to 1980's . Just my opinion someone might like it though. Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 2:32 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is great work! Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 2:55 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 2:55 PM
Bobby Razak

Thank you Nomo:) Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 3:41 PM
Haulport

Bobby Razak - I hate that concept especially the heart beat lol to 1980's . Just my opinion someone might like it though. Phone Post 3.0

You know, just some quick brainstorming.
12/1/13 3:49 PM
Braziliam

Bobby Razak - Very proud of this :) happy thanksgiving all:) Phone Post 3.0
VU that was awesome Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 4:05 PM
newbie2013

Nice Phone Post
12/1/13 4:17 PM
Bobby Razak

12/2/13 1:59 PM
lookoutawhale
1040 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Razak - I hate that concept especially the heart beat lol to 1980's . Just my opinion someone might like it though. Phone Post 3.0

yeah not sure if i would be feeling the pulse thing as much as the current opening.

Who did the design work on that bobby? im wondering what 3D software they used for it.

12/2/13 2:28 PM
RangerDanger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
lookoutawhale - 

Start with the sound of a resting heartbeat playing under black and quickly cutting to big CUs of the stars of Bellator. Individual shots that fade to black and fade in, synched to the heartbeat. Ambiguous, dark BG with golden light highlights. They are turning their heads in super slo-mo, sweat dripping. Low string music comes in underneath the heartbeat slowly picking up pace and volume (the music from the clip is fine, but add more lower register strings). Then we see them all walking towards the cage (no stock footage), shot from low angles in slo-mo. It is important to subtly express a different personality aspect for each fighter (a different theme) like the King Mo and Rampage parts (Page howling, King Mo with his crown, etc.). stay away from everyone wearing hoodies and gym clothes. As you cut between and back to each fighter use shots of them getting more and more excited as the are approaching the (unseen) cage.

Then it cuts to longer, waist-up shots of the fighters getting ready to fight as if they are waiting for the ref to let them go. Each doing something different (slapping knees, shaking their heads, clutching their fists, etc.). They each charge towards the camera and it cuts to a rapid montage of fists and feet and knees connecting to heads and bodies, arms getting wrenched (all CUs) and various recreations of famous Bellator finishes as the music comes to it's crescendo and the Bellator logo spins in to take center stage on a black BG.

I think you could get pretty far out there too and it would be very interesting: i.e. taking themes like the elements or evolution and cutting to footage of these things between fighter shots (I mean as far out as clips of animals fighting in the Serengeti morphing into grappling, etc.).

I understand what purpose Bellator is trying to serve asking for their product footage being used, shots of Bjorn and Mercedes and aping the “general sporting event”/Fox production with the ring and the arena but I find MMA to not fit in well with that. Team sports are about uniformity and MMA is about the individual and that needs to be communicated otherwise you are just left with guys kicking and punching each other and that doesn't resonate to a truly broad audience.
"Just off the top of my head..." Lol Phone Post 3.0
12/2/13 2:59 PM
LiveToFightInc
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live To Fight Inc., President/CEO
RangerDanger - 
Haulport -
lookoutawhale - 

"Just off the top of my head..." Lol Phone Post 3.0

Wow, I wonder what you would come up with if you actually say down and thought about it?? ;) 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.