UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you believe in miracles?

11/30/13 6:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pi6el
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe in miracles or god, I wish the best for Shane and his family, and I don't think this is an appropriate thread for the UG, OP should be ashamed of himself.
11/30/13 7:28 PM
donkypunch55
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pi6el - I don't believe in miracles or god, I wish the best for Shane and his family, and I don't think this is an appropriate thread for the UG, OP should be ashamed of himself.
Well said sir. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 7:39 PM
Kim Jong Uno
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe in miracles delivered by sky captains, but I believe in the strength of a man's will to live and the wonders of 21st century medical science

Get em Shane

11/30/13 8:01 PM
donkypunch55
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke -
donkypunch55 -
Jimmy Rustler -
donkypunch55 -
Jimmy Rustler -
donkypunch55 - 
RO14:11 -
Donoghue88 - I don't need to speak to my hands and nobody needs to hear about the god bullshit.

Shane can do this because its possible and he has the strength

Your hatred of God has no place in this thread. Why do you feel the need to share your disbelief of The Lord in a thread asking for prayer for a man in need?
Maybe because even the most dire and sad of circumstances are still no excuse to trot out magic and horseshit.
Making a thread specifically calling on god and other religious ridiculousness on a public forum is passive aggressive beta bullshit.
I sincerely hope that Shane makes a full and timely recovery and when he does, possibly against great odds, I will not allow my emotions to assign responsibility to some gay-ass, made up, unproven sky daddy.
Sorry, but religion has been preying on sadness, disaster and turmoil for its entire existence and this sad situation is just another example. Phone Post 3.0

uhh maybe because the news came from Colin Oyama who said specifically "KEEP PRAYING, we have a shot!"

Shane himself along with his family and team are all religious and his whole team and family are ASKING FOR PRAYERS

I'm not sure what you're responding too. My post was an answer to RO14:11's comment. Phone Post 3.0
Im responding to u callin out people who are praying for shane saying this thread is passive aggressive and what not.

Shanes family is asking for prayers. They are religious Phone Post 3.0
The OP in no way stated that it was fulfilling Shane or his family's wish for prayers.
It was cryptic, religious pandering in the passive aggressive manner I stated previously. Phone Post 3.0
Are you in such dire need of attention that you had to make this about you? You must work yourself into a tizzy every time you hear someone say "God bless you" when you sneeze. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, no, saying "god bless you" after a sneeze is simply an acceptable, conditioned response that isn't actually said in a literal manner.
Maybe you should read the actual OP and make an attempt to view it with a bit of objectivity and you'll see that my previous posts are spot on. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:05 PM
Vader03
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vtfd for you donkey Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:16 PM
donkypunch55

Vader03 - Vtfd for you donkey Phone Post 3.0
Lol, awesome. Thank you sir. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:17 PM
I Wild Each It
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was this thread about again?
11/30/13 8:20 PM
UGCTT_Bromovich
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler - 
donkypunch55 - 
Donoghue88 - I don't need to speak to my hands and nobody needs to hear about the god bullshit.

Your hatred of God has no place in this thread. Why do you feel the need to share your disbelief of The Lord in a thread asking for prayer for a man in need?
Maybe because even the most dire and sad of circumstances are still no excuse to trot out magic and horseshit.
Making a thread specifically calling on god and other religious ridiculousness on a public forum is passive aggressive beta bullshit.
I sincerely hope that Shane makes a full and timely recovery and when he does, possibly against great odds, I will not allow my emotions to assign responsibility to some gay-ass, made up, unproven sky daddy.
Sorry, but religion has been preying on sadness, disaster and turmoil for its entire existence and this sad situation is just another example. Phone Post 3.0

uhh maybe because the news came from Colin Oyama who said specifically "KEEP PRAYING, we have a shot!"

Shane himself along with his family and team are all religious and his whole team and family are ASKING FOR PRAYERS

The Rustler!

11/30/13 8:20 PM
Br0ckFnSams0n
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donkypunch55 -

I've been biting my tongue on this stuff all day to not be a dick. It's cool if people want to think positive and all but the "PRAY HARDER WE CAN DO IT GUYS" stuff almost seems in poor taste. If Shane doesn't make it, is it because everyone didn't pray hard enough? Why take the man's fight to survive away from him and put it in the hands of your deity of choice? No offense to any of you guys praying, this isn't the time to argue about whether God exists or not. In any case, I hope Shane pulls through this. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:27 PM
cross3dout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys need to take your bitch fit argument elsewhere. WAR Shane! C'mon buddy! Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:30 PM
donkypunch55

RearNakedJoke -
donkypunch55 -
RearNakedJoke -
donkypunch55 -
Jimmy Rustler -
donkypunch55 -
Jimmy Rustler -
donkypunch55 - 

I'm not sure what you're responding too. My post was an answer to RO14:11's comment. Phone Post 3.0
Im responding to u callin out people who are praying for shane saying this thread is passive aggressive and what not.

Shanes family is asking for prayers. They are religious Phone Post 3.0
The OP in no way stated that it was fulfilling Shane or his family's wish for prayers.
It was cryptic, religious pandering in the passive aggressive manner I stated previously. Phone Post 3.0
Are you in such dire need of attention that you had to make this about you? You must work yourself into a tizzy every time you hear someone say "God bless you" when you sneeze. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, no, saying "god bless you" after a sneeze is simply an acceptable, conditioned response that isn't actually said in a literal manner.
Maybe you should read the actual OP and make an attempt to view it with a bit of objectivity and you'll see that my previous posts are spot on. Phone Post 3.0
Point taken, sir. How do you feel about the passive aggressive gay ass parents who lie to their children about Santa Claus? Would you comment on a public forum to call bullshit on someone talking about their kids' list to Santa? I respect your opinions and beliefs, I just can't wrap my head around why you felt the need to shit all over this thread. You sound like an intelligent guy. You knew what the thread was about. Call it faith, magic, bullshit, voodoo. Maybe a relative is reading all these positive posts to Shane in the hospital and it could possibly give him some positive energy or whatever you want to call it. You knew the intention of the OP. like I said, I respect your opinions. And just to be clear, I'm not a religious man by any means. I just think you need to pick your spots. I just don't believe this was one of them. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you for your attempt at rational, polite conversation, I will try to do the same.
Regarding Santa.
I feel it's a poor comparison simply because children are eventually told, hell, forced to acknowledge that Santa doesn't in fact exist and eventually it becomes a joke of sorts that one ever believed in him. Were that the case with god I'd have no issue.
Much in the same vein as "god bless you" after a sneeze, I have no problem with someone "praying" (hoping?) that someone gets well. There a bunch of Pray for Shane threads and I appreciate the spirit of them and haven't said a disparaging word on any of them.
Below I have cut and pasted the OP to more clearly make my point about the overtly religious agenda the OP is pushing. I feel it's quite obvious the difference in the two different types of threads.

Created: 1 day
By: EPlC Joined: 8/26/12
I do.

Pray over Shane del Rosario right this second asking God to lift him up and give him strength. We are all being used and inspired right now. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:33 PM
donkypunch55

And I do apologize for high jacking this thread.
It should definitely be for wishing Shane a speedy recovery.
I'll leave it alone from this post forward. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:34 PM
I submit cats
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/30/13 8:50 PM
donkypunch55

Mr. RearNakedJoke, I too am unfamiliar with a rational, coherent resolution to an UG discussion so I will also vote you up and invite you to fuck your mother.

:) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.