UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: You have to be willing to die

11/29/13 12:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

To promote Saturday's TUF 18 Finale, as well as the UFC 168, Ronda Rousey joined the cast of the NFL on FOX on Thanksgiving day. Rousey was asked about her 17 lb. weight cut in 24 hours that was edited out of the show, and gave her side of why she did it:

"You want to be the best fighter in the world?"?? Rousey said. "You have to be willing to die for your pride in that cage. In order to get there, you have to be willing to die to get in that cage."??

Michael Strahan joked during the segment that Curt Menefee has to cut 20 pounds of weight during the short interview. Rousey, looking pilgrim chic (check out those sleeves), laughed and looked much more affable than she did in most scenes of ??The Ultimate Fighter?? this season.

Being filmed constantly wore on Rousey, she said. For example, she told UFC president Dana White on the show that she would cut the weight and felt like she couldn'??t go back on that promise.

"'Oh no, they got that on camera,'"?? Rousey said she was thinking. "'They'??re going to call me a liar now. I really have to do it now, damn.'"??

read entire article...

11/29/13 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought jessamyn wrote in her blog that she did cut the weight? im confused...

did she or did she not lol
11/29/13 12:52 PM
MMc AA

Yawn.
11/29/13 12:54 PM
bungles

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 12:57 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too much WMMA lately.

Way too much.

11/29/13 1:01 PM
Malvert the Janitor
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 1:04 PM
Koga

Article says she made the cut. Perhaps your confusion has arisen as a result of not so good read the English. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 1:07 PM
breezy bryant
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this the interview wherein people said that Rousey was being conceited and looked like a hobo?  I'm no fashionista and I really like her so maybe I'm just not seeing it. 

11/29/13 1:10 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...
Come on...we're talking about a sport...aren't we??? Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 1:15 PM
MMc AA

WithoutSpoilersdotCom - i love ronda... shes nuts, but after seeing her mother and that countdown for liz, you can tell that she never had a chance to be "normal"

didnt the armenians raise her?
her mother is the evil one here

"It's your parents fault for making you the way you are, it's your fault for staying that way"

Obvious counter-argument is that her parents made her a world champion, but no excuse for being a cunty cunt.
11/29/13 1:15 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...

Yeah, it's pretty dumb when they say that crap. You figure the UFC does a lot of outreach with the troops and some of these fighters spouting that nonsense would gain some perspective on people that are really willing to die for things that truly matter. 

11/29/13 1:17 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

Koga - Article says she made the cut. Perhaps your confusion has arisen as a result of not so good read the English. Phone Post 3.0

had a hard time?? with?? all the?? ?marks ??
11/29/13 1:28 PM
GnP Sonnen

Right.. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 1:29 PM
donkey guard
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that's too bad. Everyone who says this taps out really quick in their next fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 1:31 PM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell - 
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...

Yeah, it's pretty dumb when they say that crap. You figure the UFC does a lot of outreach with the troops and some of these fighters spouting that nonsense would gain some perspective on people that are really willing to die for things that truly matter. 

you don't know that Ronda isn't bat shit crazy enough to believe every word she is saying.
i think that nutter butter would put her life in danger just to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
11/29/13 1:41 PM
Poet of Gore

man, i hate this UFC and NFL tie in shit. i mean, do they have the goalie from the rangers on NFL broadcasting shit.

as far as be willing to die to the best: yes, you do

example: TJ grant. where is his title shot? if he was willing to die he would have already had it.

you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette, any chef will tell you that

11/29/13 1:42 PM
MMc AA

Poet of Gore - 

man, i hate this UFC and NFL tie in shit. i mean, do they have the goalie from the rangers on NFL broadcasting shit.

as far as be willing to die to the best: yes, you do

example: TJ grant. where is his title shot? if he was willing to die he would have already had it.

you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette, any chef will tell you that

lol wat?
11/29/13 2:03 PM
Kim Jong Uno
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm ok with the whole 'willing to die' talking point, because it could in theory actually happen. Even though it has never happened in the UFC, in thousands of fights, over 20 years. Even though it has never happened in WMMA to my knowledge. Even though Ronda's style isn't a "willing to die" style, more like a "get you down and make you tap as quick as possible while absorbing no strikes" style. If she wants to say that on national TV to appeal to the lowest common denominator, I'm cool with it.
11/29/13 2:08 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda has the sense of as if you let a kindergarted kid pick out their own clotheas at the goodwill store and wear them for show and tell.
11/29/13 2:08 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sense of s-t-y-l-e

For what ever reason that word never spells on this board...lol
11/29/13 2:39 PM
DrPeterVenkman
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 3:01 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/13 3:02 PM
More question marks please, the 62 that are currently in the article are not sufficient.
11/29/13 3:28 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate that bullshit, macho attitude. Miguel Cotto said it best.

To paraphrase, he basically said that it's stupid to say you're willing to die in the ring. He said he has 4 kids, and that the most important thing to him is his health. Boxing is just his job. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 3:30 PM
Carson's Corner Fan

I heart Ronda. WMMAs undisputed GOAT!!!! Phone Post
11/29/13 3:31 PM
Carson's Corner Fan

How many Olympic Medals does Cotto have??

Thought so. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.