UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: You have to be willing to die

11/30/13 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...
Come on...we're talking about a sport...aren't we??? Phone Post 3.0

This kinda attitude was common in the early days. Enson was famous for having this mentality. It was back when everybody doing bjj was reading the Hagakure.
11/30/13 4:03 PM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChucoV - 
JerodR - I was just stating a fact not an opinion...

Rousey has proven that she can cut to 135 in 24hrs which means she is fighting in her ideal weight class. Cyborg literally thinks she could die cutting to 135. That alone shows that Cyborg is MUCH bigger than Rousey. They shouldn't even be having the conversation in my opinion.

The UFC also has no 145lb division so it would have no value what so ever to fight Cyborg outside of 135lbs.

At the end of the day Cyborg chose to get out of the UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
Back in StrikeForce she started calling out Cyborg then promptly dropped down a weight class. Phone Post 3.0

She was calling out Cyborg when she was still an Amateur.
11/30/13 4:27 PM
JerodR
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back in Strikeforce when there was both 135lb and 145lb divisions, and before Cyborg got popped Rousey wanted to get the 135lb title and then go after the 145lb title.

Unfortunately the UFC does not have a 145lb division so it kind of kills that idea. Until the UFC brings in 145 there is really nothing there.

Now, on the other side of the coin Cyborg said there really was a lack of depth/talent in the 145lb weight class so she did want to go down to 135lb for better competition. Cyborg never lived up to her side of this thing either.
11/30/13 4:44 PM
Poet of Gore

The Principal - 
JerodR -
The Principal - "You have to be willing to die...."

*ducks C. Cyborg Phone Post 3.0
Nice Try...

Actual Quote:

Tito- "I don't want Cyborg dying over weight cut".

Asks to be released from UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
Honda won't fight her over 135; self preservation on her part. Translation: "I don't want to die fighting Cyborg" Phone Post 3.0

yeah man what is up with people wanting to fight in their own weight classes.

I'd much rather whine about people not fighting out of their weightclasses.

GSP ducking JBJ??? stop being such a chicken shit GSP. just do it! you make my pappy sick.

11/30/13 5:06 PM
chalice

clearly rousey should get out of her UFC contract and sign to fight on invicta internet streams instead of starring in tv shows and headlining ppvs. anything else means that she is a gutless coward.
11/30/13 5:15 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lite - 
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...
Come on...we're talking about a sport...aren't we??? Phone Post 3.0

This kinda attitude was common in the early days. Enson was famous for having this mentality. It was back when everybody doing bjj was reading the Hagakure.

Exactly, Bruce Lee has said as much as well, Barnett too. To take your thought of victory or defeat out and just fight with your skill. To fear death, is the only way to perform at your very best. (those are all sound snippets) but the logic holds true, to unladen yourself from fear to reach your potential.
11/30/13 5:15 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Not fear death ^
11/30/13 5:22 PM
The Principal
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poet of Gore -
The Principal - 
JerodR -
The Principal - "You have to be willing to die...."

*ducks C. Cyborg Phone Post 3.0
Nice Try...

Actual Quote:

Tito- "I don't want Cyborg dying over weight cut".

Asks to be released from UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
Honda won't fight her over 135; self preservation on her part. Translation: "I don't want to die fighting Cyborg" Phone Post 3.0

yeah man what is up with people wanting to fight in their own weight classes.

I'd much rather whine about people not fighting out of their weightclasses.

GSP ducking JBJ??? stop being such a chicken shit GSP. just do it! you make my pappy sick.

Where I am from, when you run your mouth, you should back it up; Ronda talked....then played hard to get. If she never did that then I would agree with your premise.

In interviews Ronda clearly stated that the reason why she doesn't meet Cyborg half way is that she wants her at her greatest disadvantage. She's the champ, so it's her prerogative..... just don't be spouting that "willing to die" crap. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 6:35 PM
JerodR
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is in the big show, making the big bucks, and getting the most attention. She can run her mouth as long as she wants. Cyborg wants to shut her up then she knows how to do it.
11/30/13 8:28 PM
ender852
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg isn't some uncrowned ruler of WMMA, she is just a juice monkey cheater that was stripped of her title and decided to fuck off into obscurity instead of getting off the sauce and losing 10 lbs of roid muscle. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 8:32 PM
Donoghue88
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone's giving her a rough time but I like this attitude - one of the first things Ronda said that makes sense
11/30/13 8:52 PM
XcessiveZ

eye poke - Maybe Ronda needs to get on a motorbike and race around the Isle of Man and then reassess how near to ending up dead fighting in a modern regulated octagon is. Doriano Romboni died today at a race for Marco Simoncelli's charity....racing motorbikes is dangerous, not fighting in a cage with a ref to stop you getting really fucked up.

Having been involved with bike racing for a few years and seen kids dying as well as men, I don't really think of fighting as dangerous at all. Painful, yes. Dangerous, rarely.
Lol fighting is not dangerous?Are you joking? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.