UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory vs diaz is most likely gonna happen!

12/7/13 1:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CowboysStuntDouble
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

97B_96B - Nick Diaz is going to have his hands full, notwithstanding Carlos Condit's past superiority over a younger Rory McDonald.

I remember when I first laid eyes on Rory McDonald, there was something about him that scared me a little. I can't quite put my finger on it. I believe it has something to do with his intense, sort of dead-pan look, but deeper.

Like the clinical stare a veteran surgeon gives you, while sizing you up and weighing his options, before slicing you clean open to cut out your heart. That, wedded to his methodical, surgical striking makes Rory quite a wrecking machine.

Then, Joe Rogan made a comment about him during the Robby Lawler battle last week. He said that Rory was somewhat eerie, with a "thousand-yard stare." And I thought to myself, "Hmm...I'm glad someone else gets it. I'm glad Rogan picked up on the curious vibe that screams "Rory McDonald isn't your regular, every-day gym cat." It's primal, archetypal.

After all, it wasn't really that many epochs ago that we were hunters and gatherers, struggling for mere existence in a hostile world of scarcity. In such a medieval hierarchy, I have no doubt that McDonald would be at the top of the heap.

I'm not saying he's a classic villain, as I believe his is a force for good; however, there's something about the way that dude is wired for action and dispassionately employs violence. One wouldn't be surprised to hear the words "nothing personal, just business" coming from his lips--and mean it! after having wiped the floor clean with his broken opponent.

It took an old school brawler like Robby Lawler to end his winning streak, but it took everything he had to do it! And McDonald's quite young, with plenty of room to keep improving. Which he is. He even welcomed the loss.

Like Carlos Condit, I believe he is a natural born killer...

Anyway, just my two cents. Thought I'd throw it out there. Now, back to my Dollar Store box of Hot Tamales and coffee with York Peppermint Patty-flavored creamer.

You know, post-Thanksgiving, lazy Saturday fare. I like spicy things with hot drink.
Dude.... I didn't read past the second paragraph. This isn't the place to submit a novel Phone Post 3.0
12/7/13 1:40 PM
mshagger
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not diaz lawler II? Way better fight. Phone Post 3.0
12/7/13 2:21 PM
Kid Charlemagne
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

97B_96B - Nick Diaz is going to have his hands full, notwithstanding Carlos Condit's past superiority over a younger Rory McDonald.

I remember when I first laid eyes on Rory McDonald, there was something about him that scared me a little. I can't quite put my finger on it. I believe it has something to do with his intense, sort of dead-pan look, but deeper.

Like the clinical stare a veteran surgeon gives you, while sizing you up and weighing his options, before slicing you clean open to cut out your heart. That, wedded to his methodical, surgical striking makes Rory quite a wrecking machine.

Then, Joe Rogan made a comment about him during the Robby Lawler battle last week. He said that Rory was somewhat eerie, with a "thousand-yard stare." And I thought to myself, "Hmm...I'm glad someone else gets it. I'm glad Rogan picked up on the curious vibe that screams "Rory McDonald isn't your regular, every-day gym cat." It's primal, archetypal.

After all, it wasn't really that many epochs ago that we were hunters and gatherers, struggling for mere existence in a hostile world of scarcity. In such a medieval hierarchy, I have no doubt that McDonald would be at the top of the heap.

I'm not saying he's a classic villain, as I believe his is a force for good; however, there's something about the way that dude is wired for action and dispassionately employs violence. One wouldn't be surprised to hear the words "nothing personal, just business" coming from his lips--and mean it! after having wiped the floor clean with his broken opponent.

It took an old school brawler like Robby Lawler to end his winning streak, but it took everything he had to do it! And McDonald's quite young, with plenty of room to keep improving. Which he is. He even welcomed the loss.

Like Carlos Condit, I believe he is a natural born killer...

Anyway, just my two cents. Thought I'd throw it out there. Now, back to my Dollar Store box of Hot Tamales and coffee with York Peppermint Patty-flavored creamer.

You know, post-Thanksgiving, lazy Saturday fare. I like spicy things with hot drink.
Lol I was entertained Phone Post 3.0
12/7/13 2:47 PM
tunaburn
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now thats a fight i wanna see. I got rory by boring decision though after his last couple fights.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.