UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Brawler vs Boxer vid

11/30/13 3:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shady lane
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A 20 year old brawler walks in to a boxing gym and challenges a 15 year old fighter...

http://youtu.be/jkhU0rh0lMc

Blue please Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 3:21 PM
axemurdered
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/30/13 3:22 PM
Friction
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love videos that show skill against delusion. Thanks for posting.
11/30/13 4:44 PM
jake11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like that was fixed for the little kid students
11/30/13 5:29 PM
The Ghost Of Swayze
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet left hook @ 1:20 took the eagerness out of that dude. Seen stuff like this happen plenty of times at the gym. Somebody new comes in gung-ho to throw down and the coach gives him exactly what he wants. None ever come back for more.
11/30/13 5:30 PM
MM-eh
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh - Canada's #1 MMA News Source, Head Honcho
This has been posted before, and iirc that thread says this was taken at Tapout Gym LV. Does that sound right to anyone? Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 7:39 PM
Bonzai Bob
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh - This has been posted before, and iirc that thread says this was taken at Tapout Gym LV. Does that sound right to anyone? Phone Post 3.0
Nope... Definitely not the Tapout Gym in Vegas. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 7:42 PM
The Horror

like the compsure of the 15 year old. very nice

11/30/13 9:15 PM
Cookie Monster
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Horror -

like the compsure of the 15 year old. very nice

Very well done! Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 9:21 PM
sourcheese
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brawler did better than I thought he would.

That was a perfect example of conditioning and timing vs a tough street slugger with natural skill. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 9:26 PM
4pdboxing
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ghost Of Swayze - Sweet left hook @ 1:20 took the eagerness out of that dude. Seen stuff like this happen plenty of times at the gym. Somebody new comes in gung-ho to throw down and the coach gives him exactly what he wants. None ever come back for more.

I've seen many idiots like this over the years.
11/30/13 10:00 PM
sreiter

LMAO -

Sorry

(1) Had thus been the street, the 20 y/o would have killed that kid in 20 secs. The dude out strikes him 20 to 1. The gloves and head gear sames him early enough to let the "so call" street brawler (who looked like shit) get winded. He quit because he gassed, not because he got his ass beat.

(2) Tank and Tito both had early success with just street fighting as their Bruce Lee said 1 street fight = 6 months gym training. We all talk about "live training" vs kata/shadow boxing. It doesnt get more real then actual street fighting. Buddy of mine was just a street fighter. tons of heart , tough as nails. Ended up a sparing partner of Tysons
11/30/13 10:12 PM
sicko
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the very end, after the ref berates the guy for a few seconds, then the audience gets up to walk away and it turns out they're all just kids like 12 years old and under at the gym
11/30/13 11:44 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brawler dude was gassed, but did better than I expected. Sure the other had better technique but it wasn't a one sided affair... until the bad cardio did him in. But WTF at a 20 yo challenging a class of 15 and under?

11/30/13 11:47 PM
greco yeoman

Obviously staged Phone Post
11/30/13 11:50 PM
tiger07
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brawler had no chance.
11/30/13 11:53 PM
ChicagoTom
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sicko - I love the very end, after the ref berates the guy for a few seconds, then the audience gets up to walk away and it turns out they're all just kids like 12 years old and under at the gym
I bet it fueled each kids desire to trane and get better. I loved that part too. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 11:58 PM
invalid
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sprawl'n'Stall - Brawler dude was gassed, but did better than I expected. Sure the other had better technique but it wasn't a one sided affair... until the bad cardio did him in. But WTF at a 20 yo challenging a class of 15 and under?

Um, did you watch the same fight?  Brawler landed what now?  And got tagged consistently by a much smaller dude in a sparring session.  I don't think he landed one shot lol

12/1/13 12:10 AM
Fury2Feed
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The street guy was gassed and that's when the punishment begins. The kid was biding his time, taking no real damage, until that fool was spent. If the coach didn't end it, the kid would have put a clinic on him and he would have been too tired to defend himself. The coach should have let him, imo.
12/1/13 12:16 AM
DoomFarmer
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - LMAO -

Sorry

(1) Had thus been the street, the 20 y/o would have killed that kid in 20 secs. The dude out strikes him 20 to 1. The gloves and head gear sames him early enough to let the "so call" street brawler (who looked like shit) get winded. He quit because he gassed, not because he got his ass beat.

(2) Tank and Tito both had early success with just street fighting as their Bruce Lee said 1 street fight = 6 months gym training. We all talk about "live training" vs kata/shadow boxing. It doesnt get more real then actual street fighting. Buddy of mine was just a street fighter. tons of heart , tough as nails. Ended up a sparing partner of Tysons
Wasn't in the streets though was it? Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 12:18 AM
DoomFarmer
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, Tank and Tito were training long before they were fighting, despite your romanticized view of the "street brawler turned cage fighter." Phone Post 3.0
12/1/13 12:45 AM
RGJuJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah Tito was a California state wrestling champ. No joke. Ever see the abu dhabi of him vs van arsdale? I got it on vhs still! He won all his first ufc matches with a nasty front headlock and knees. Phone Post
12/1/13 2:23 AM
Vitor29

sourcheese - Brawler did better than I thought he would.

That was a perfect example of conditioning and timing vs a tough street slugger with natural skill. Phone Post 3.0
I didn't see a tough Street slugger or any natural skill there. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 8:40 PM
The Ghost Of Swayze
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - LMAO -

Sorry

There's a term for gassing out and getting your ass kicked. It's called "getting your ass kicked".
12/3/13 8:51 PM
Cletus Redpecker III
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did the trainer say at the end, "I stopped him from punishing you"?

Fucking awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.