UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory vs Maia Set For UFC 170

12/6/13 9:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel Helwani ?@arielhelwani 1m

It's official: Rory MacDonald vs. Demian is going down at UFC 170 on 2/22 in Vegas, @ufc_ca confirms this week's @ufctonight report.
Expand
12/6/13 9:43 PM
Taz Styles
3209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/6/13 9:44 PM
Stephen Holder

Da fuk? Why not Rory v Diaz?
12/6/13 9:45 PM
ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME

Edited: 12/06/13 9:46 PM

I predict 3 rounds of feinting, a couple kicks. a few wiffed punches and 3 stiff jabs.

30-27 Rory. We won't find out who is the better "fighter" in this one, because they won't actually fight.

Terrible matchup. You can't even blame Rory either, he has no choice against Maia but to constantly worry about the takedown, how can he open up his game against Maia without taking unecessary risk? Rory must fight through his jab and use his spatial awareness to stagnate Maia's offense before he can even worry about opening up and becoming aggressive in a forward manner. 

12/6/13 9:46 PM
Chris27

DC/Rashad

Maia/Rory

Rustam/dos Anjos

card so far.

12/6/13 9:47 PM
Chris27

TFK_BOZY - Very nice. Going with Maia. Phone Post 3.0

Good fight, different styles, I like this.

12/6/13 9:49 PM
BobSalvage
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping for Maia by sub probably Rory by snoozefest unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 9:50 PM
BrunoMcGyver
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Da fuk? Why not Rory v Diaz?

Because he's retired.

12/6/13 9:53 PM
BobbyDigital420
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory needs to press that action. I hate the nullifying shit. Don't stop it. Finish it. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 9:54 PM
BobSalvage
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

DC/Rashad

Maia/Rory

Rustam/dos Anjos

card so far.

This Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 9:56 PM
cfv
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmm, interesting fight.
12/6/13 9:57 PM
ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME

BobbyDigital420 - Rory needs to press that action. I hate the nullifying shit. Don't stop it. Finish it. Phone Post 3.0

That's how you lose two in a row.

Falling in love with your ego is a fatal flaw in this sport.

As much as Rory needs to open up, he needs to win more. Using a steady jab and decent work rate while staying away from Maia enough so that he can't take you down is the gameplan.

It's a bad matchup. If you want Rory to fight his best, then match him properly.
12/6/13 10:02 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submission.
12/6/13 10:03 PM
shaqitup
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the plan to persuade Rory to stop fighting safe and press the action, is to match him up with a guy who he should play it safe and stay at range outstriking him?

sounds smart.

12/6/13 10:04 PM
epwar
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, just as most folks predicted - back to the easy wins column for Rory 2.0.

12/6/13 10:11 PM
The Brool Story Company

shaqitup - 

So the plan to persuade Rory to stop fighting safe and press the action, is to match him up with a guy who he should play it safe and stay at range outstriking him?

sounds smart.

lolwut?

Maia ALWAYS comes forward. Rory will have no choice but to fight back. this is a great match up.
12/6/13 10:15 PM
jwistead
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME - 
BobbyDigital420 - Rory needs to press that action. I hate the nullifying shit. Don't stop it. Finish it. Phone Post 3.0

That's how you lose two in a row.

Falling in love with your ego is a fatal flaw in this sport.

As much as Rory needs to open up, he needs to win more. Using a steady jab and decent work rate while staying away from Maia enough so that he can't take you down is the gameplan.

It's a bad matchup. If you want Rory to fight his best, then match him properly.

Good point, but in what way are Maia and Robbie Lawler similar? It's not like there's an unlimited number of Diaz bros for him to take down and beat on.
12/6/13 10:21 PM
Don Silvio
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brool Story Company - 
shaqitup - 

sounds smart.

lolwut?

Maia ALWAYS comes forward. Rory will have no choice but to fight back. this is a great match up.

This
12/6/13 10:23 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brool Story Company -
shaqitup - 

sounds smart.

lolwut?

I believe he is saying Rory should stay on the outside an pepper him with jabs to avoid a TD which is what we will most likely see. I don't like this matchup personally. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 10:23 PM
Libero21
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

DC/Rashad

Maia/Rory

Rustam/dos Anjos

card so far.

VU because I can't tell the difference between "Chris27" and Chris67" when looking at threads Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 10:25 PM
The Brool Story Company

BJ Penn is Irish - 
shaqitup - 

sounds smart.

lolwut?

I believe he is saying Rory should stay on the outside an pepper him with jabs to avoid a TD which is what we will most likely see. I don't like this matchup personally. Phone Post 3.0

that's not going to happen, Maia isn't a guy that just stands there, at 170 he has shown to come forward and try to get the takedown at all costs.
12/6/13 10:34 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn is Irish - 
shaqitup - 

sounds smart.

lolwut?

that's not going to happen, Maia isn't a guy that just stands there, at 170 he has shown to come forward and try to get the takedown at all costs.
I agree completely. I just think Rory's answer will be to circle away and jab. I hope I am wrong! Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 10:34 PM
MagSlim

Hope he Fitches him into Bolivia before he subs him.

War Demian. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 10:40 PM
Lick Boners

Great fight, really interesting to see how Rory's TDD holds up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.