UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier will 'hurt' Evans, but 'won't like it'

12/9/13 9:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In dropping to lightheavyweight, Daniel Cormer wanted an immediate shot at Jon Jones' title, but the UFC had a different plan. Instead Cormier will face colleague and friend, Rashad Evans in his first bout in his new weight division. Although he doesn't dislike Evans, and works with him on FOX Sports, he'll have no problem hurting him in the cage:

"I offered them (UFC) up a whole bunch of different scenarios and this was the fight that was going to happen. I would have preferred to fight someone else, but the UFC are going to make the fights and its our job to fight. I care about him a ton and I think he's a great guy, but now it's time to get down to business and were going to get in that cage and I have to try and hurt him. I can't go into the cage feeling like I don't want to hurt my buddy because otherwise he is going to hurt me and beat me and that will set me back and keep me from obtaining my goals."

read entire article...

12/9/13 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad keeps having to fight his friends, yet he will never see Machida vs Anderson. Shame Phone Post 3.0
12/9/13 9:25 PM
3 Sided Square
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God dammit Chris. Phone Post
12/9/13 9:26 PM
stevekt
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah! Cormer will hurt Evns!
12/9/13 9:37 PM
MarkRobinson
1387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be a good fight. He's absolutely right too.

Gotta go in there and try to kick some ass.

I'd really like Rashad to win this one but DCs striking looked really good against Roy. Phone Post 3.0
12/9/13 9:49 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight has an 80% chance of sucking.
12/9/13 10:19 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad didn't hold back against Chael so Cormier better come ready Phone Post 3.0
12/9/13 10:27 PM
Atlee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id be worried about the "friends" aspect if we hadnt just watched Shad go apeshit on chael. Just hoping DC is ultra focused on making the weight.
12/9/13 10:40 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1997VitorHandSpeed - 
Colboyo - This fight has an 80% chance of sucking.

This is the unfortunate truth. Rashad is insanely boring. Furthermore, BOTH are friends and have sparred in the past....So this could turn ugly where both put on a "friendly sparring match" instead of put on a fight and go for the finish....Everyone should keep their expectations in check....at best we will be surpised

Rashad has been boring, but has also been exciting lately.  2 of the most boring fights in recent years are Cormier vs Mir and Cormier vs Nelson.

12/9/13 10:57 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Rashad vs Davis and Rashad vs Lil Nog were terrible.  But when he fights opponents he should beat, like Chael, he runs through them.  When Cormier fights guys he should beat, like Mir, he holds them against the fence and does nothing (since he got to the UFC of course...was finishing in SF).  When guys like Barnett, JDS, Carwin, Brock, etc... fight Mir, they obliterate him.  Cormier should have too.

12/9/13 11:01 PM
wasssp

Again, why does the UFC always pit the top Black fighters against other Black fighters?
12/9/13 11:24 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at 205?

12/9/13 11:26 PM
epwar
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So does this mean Cormier will press him against the cage extra hard?

12/9/13 11:27 PM
The Brool Story Company

Cormier by brutal starching.
12/9/13 11:38 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Rashad keeps having to fight his friends, yet he will never see Machida vs Anderson. Shame Phone Post 3.0
Well Machida would have to earn a title shot first correct? Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 12:20 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier is gonna put a three round beating on Rashad, it is gonna be ugly. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 12:48 AM
stainlesssteel

I just can't see a any high probability of a Rashad win. Cormier rag dolled Josh frikkin Barnett! Rashad will definitely not outmuscle Cormier. Cormier is equally explosive. He also has Mark Hunt type power in his punches. Rashad most definitely will not dare stand and trade. Cormier is a very nasty matchup for anyone except a brutish, huge and very aggressive heavyweight striker. He's too strong, to quick, to skilled and very hungry.

How Rashad exposed Sonnen will be how Cormier exposes Rashad.

12/10/13 2:48 AM
dmjr98
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is going to dust off dc. Shad Is to fast and has better cardio. Phone Post
12/10/13 2:54 AM
MMALOGIC

wasssp - Again, why does the UFC always pit the top Black fighters against other Black fighters?

black on black crime sells. 

12/10/13 3:06 AM
DoomFarmer
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

So does this mean Cormier will press him against the cage extra hard?

Yeah, let's just completely pigeonhole Cormier's talent based off of one fight. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 5:57 AM
Bofbro
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC would have a fight to make 205 first imo.
12/10/13 6:27 AM
Y2JB

DC gasses in the second after a brutal weight cut and Rashad KO's him IMO.

Semi related note - What's with all the hate for Rashad? The guy is funny, top 3 at LHW and comes to fight.
12/10/13 7:14 AM
TwentyNineTwentyEight

I hate seeing friends fight. I think some people are sleeping on Rashad on this. I think he's going to do well.

12/10/13 7:57 AM
Tripitaka's Triangle
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im pumped for the fight and picking Rashard for the upset.

He looked very determined in the Chael fight like he was rejuvenated and hungry again.

Rashard has had. Career of being the under dog Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 8:13 AM
DoomFarmer
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y2JB - DC gasses in the second after a brutal weight cut and Rashad KO's him IMO.

Semi related note - What's with all the hate for Rashad? The guy is funny, top 3 at LHW and comes to fight.
Thinking DC will dominate this fight is in no way "hate" for Rashad. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.