UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Faber wants winner of Barao/Cruz

12/17/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Urijah Faber has lost two UFC bantamweight title fights, one to Dominick Cruz and the other to Renan Barao. Now with Cruz and Barao set to unify the titles and Faber on an impressive four fight win streak, he would like nothing more than another title show, and either way, avenge a loss:

“I’d like to take some time off and see what happens with these two guys,” Faber on Monday told MMAjunkie Radio. “I like Barao (to win the fight), but I want to beat up Cruz. So it’s a mix there. It didn’t happen (with Cruz and I) after ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ It cost us both a lot of money.”

Faber estimates that Cruz’s injury cost him a seven-figure payday. Instead of fighting Cruz for the belt at UFC 148 right before Anderson Silva’s rematch with Chael Sonnen, he was moved to UFC 149’s main event against Barao. While his disclosed payday remained the same, it’s the behind-the-scenes paychecks that Faber was cut out of by not fighting for the title on the original card against Cruz.

But that’s in the past, and now, so is McDonald for Faber – who believes Saturday’s win might be one of the best performances of his career.

“I think it was probably top three,” Faber said before explaining that his 2012, with just the loss to Barao to show for it, was not emblematic of what’s typical for him. “The media is always finding excuses to talk about you, and a lot of times it’s negative stuff. I had a rough year in 2012 on other fronts and only got to fight once, and it was a loss.”

read entire article...

It is likely that Faber should wait it out, he wil recieve another shot at the bantamweight title as he is the clear cut contender. Maybe third time will be a charm for Faber.

12/17/13 10:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mertvaya Ruka
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, how can you deny Faber, the guy makes it hard.
12/17/13 10:35 PM
TheLionAteMyDancingToyRobot
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it. I'm not a huge fan of his but who deserves it over him. Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 10:41 PM
GaspareBJJ
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Faber! He has looked so good as of late Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 10:45 PM
cool hand Ed
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's earned it. Pay that man. Pay that man his money. Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 10:46 PM
You're a Good Boy

Renan will smash Faber everytime. Faber has nothing for Barao. Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 11:13 PM
Got Reach
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - Damn, how can you deny Faber, the guy makes it hard.
Beep Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 11:24 PM
Galanis
571 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He more than deserves it.

12/17/13 11:37 PM
Carson's Corner Fan

cool hand Ed - He's earned it. Pay that man. Pay that man his money. Phone Post 3.0
I love oreos. Phone Post 3.0
12/17/13 11:45 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't say shit this time. He's #1 without a doubt. Phone Post 3.0
12/18/13 12:20 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Cruz beat him twice a day Henan literally smashed him.

There's no one else but if he loses again kiss any fight with either goodbye for good Phone Post 3.0
12/18/13 12:21 AM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the fight I want to see most at that class. He's earned it even if we've already seen it. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.