UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chatri Sityodtong: How to achieve your greatness

12/17/13 11:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rising from homelessness as a child, in 1999 Chatri Sityodtong received an MBA from Harvard. Not long after, he joined Bain and Company as a management consultant. Bain may be familiar to UGers through 2012's "The Dark Knight Rises."

For the next several years Chatri was involved in Internet start ups, investment banking, real estate, and other ventures, making untold millions.

As a child, the half Japanese, half Thai Chatri began training in Muay Thai under Kru Yodtong Senanan at Sityodtong Camp in Pattaya, Thailand. Kru Yodtong eventually bestowed on him the name Yodchatri Sityodtong, and appointed him as one of four conservators worldwide of Sityodtong Muay Thai.

Chatri's fight career and financial career overlapped, with the last of his 30 fights taking place in 2008.

That same year, Chatri founded the Evolve MMA chain of martial arts academies. By 2013, Evolve MMA was widely regarded as the top MMA gym in Asia, and Chatri as one of the sport's top coaches. He has trained, coached, or cornered MMA fighters such as Shinya Aoki, Rich Franklin, Rafael dos Anjos, BJJ world champions Zorobabel Moreira and Leandro Issa Da Silva, and strikers including Muay Thai world champion Yoddecha Sityodtong, and former WBA world champion Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai.

Earlier this year he launched Evolve University, Asia's largest online university for martial arts.

Chatri is also a sought after motivational speaker, and is involved with a number of charitable efforts, including Project Sunshine for terminally-ill children, Singapore's Boys Town Home for orphans and troubled children, and Singapore Children's Society for underprivileged children.

At an independently organized TEDX event, Chatri discusses how to achieve your greatness in life.

And he has a really cool Twitter account - follow him!

12/19/13 4:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where the fuck are all the comments? this dude sounds like he is the man
12/19/13 6:06 AM
The Brotorious B.I.G
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

victorchensky - where the fuck are all the comments? this dude sounds like he is the man
As a jealous man. Fuck that guy Phone Post
12/19/13 8:46 AM
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
victorchensky - where the fuck are all the comments? this dude sounds like he is the man

I am a little baffled at the lack of comments too.

12/19/13 8:57 AM
Koga

We have seen his press releases before, just not in the form of a "news" article. Phone Post 3.0
12/19/13 8:58 AM
ChipW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boss Phone Post 3.0
12/19/13 9:18 AM
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Koga - We have seen his press releases before, just not in the form of a "news" article. Phone Post 3.0

I wrote that. He does a huge amount for the sport. Not sure why some people are unenthusiastic about the guy? Maybe he is too successful; some people mistakenly see life as a zero-sum game.

12/19/13 9:41 AM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/19/13 9:42 AM
Kirik - 
Koga - We have seen his press releases before, just not in the form of a "news" article. Phone Post 3.0

I wrote that. He does a huge amount for the sport. Not sure why some people are unenthusiastic about the guy? Maybe he is too successful; some people mistakenly see life as a zero-sum game.

How do you measure success?

12/20/13 1:42 AM
WhiteMustang
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video! A very motivating story. Chatri has helped bring MMA in Asia and Singapore to new heights. Evolve MMA started in a small studio and has now grown to two large locations with thousands of members.
12/20/13 4:55 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing. Even though there dont seem to be a lot of comments i am very greatful for this post. I did not know about this dude beforehand ( did hear about the academy).

Since i lived a big part of my life in Asia and am big kickboxing fan the story instantly peaked my interest.

Then i got to read to rags to riches story, truely beyond inspirational.I am going to do a shitload more of research on the academy and its honorable leader. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 6:31 AM
diggity

Love seeing success stories like this. Thanks! Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 6:36 AM
Jayjayememay
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Press release. Likely paid for.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.