UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks grateful for GSP's quick decision

12/20/13 9:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In the eyes of a lot of media and fans, Johny Hendricks did enough to win his world title fight versus Georges St-Pierre. The judges, however, disagreed and awarded St-Pierre a decision win. An immediate rematch made the most sense, but St-Pierre threw a wrench in, announcing he would be walking away from the sport for a while.

Where did that leave Johny Hendricks? Well basically in limbo. That is until St-Pierre announced that he was indeed taking a hiatus and more importantly to Hendricks, vacating the welterweight title. It didn't take long for the UFC to spring to action and announce that Hendricks would fight Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 to determine a new champion, something that Hendricks couldn't be more thankful for:

"I was very stoked when I was told about the fight. It's pretty amazing that Zuffa and Mr. White are giving me another shot at it. It's very humbling, and I'm not going to let this one slip by. There are some things we could change on the last one, but we are going to do everything in our power to make sure they say my name at the end of this fight. And to know that it's in Dallas, I'm super-stoked about that. It's great to be able to fight in Dallas, but to be the main event for a fight card in Dallas is an honor in itself.

"I was very relieved it all moved quickly," he added in regard to St-Pierre's decision. "I'm very thankful that GSP came back quickly because he could have taken two months to do this and come up with his decision. But he did it quickly, and now we can move forward. I'm very grateful for that."

read entire article...

12/20/13 9:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mm370
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope lawlor knocks out 70% of his teeth. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 9:50 AM
BigEyedFish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me too ^
12/20/13 9:55 AM
the_shrike
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mm370 - I hope lawlor knocks out 70% of his teeth. Phone Post 3.0

me three

12/20/13 9:56 AM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johny seems very nice and likable in any other context, but darn it if he doesn't come off as somewhat whiny and obnoxious when it comes to fighting.

12/20/13 10:08 AM
Entreri

I can see Lawler winning this, he just needs to keep it standing.
12/20/13 10:09 AM
CarlClendenin

Hendricks seems to come off as a dick here because he made it about himself.

GSP didn't have Johny in mind when he made his 'swift' decision. He was just done.

What is there to be thankful for?
12/20/13 10:20 AM
Entreri

He is thankful he does not have to fight GSP again.

GSP does extremely well in rematches. GSP would win again, this time UD against Hendricks.

With Lawler, he can do what he did to Condit, lay on him. Hopefully Robbie prepare thoroughly for that.
12/20/13 10:37 AM
MbA7601
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone other than me read the part when he said "Mr. White" in Jesses voice from breaking bad Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 10:43 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

MbA7601 - Did anyone other than me read the part when he said "Mr. White" in Jesses voice from breaking bad Phone Post 3.0
Mr. White? The Zuffa dick tingling is strong in that response. I hope Lawlor puts his lights out. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:05 AM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Pitbull3744 -

I can see Lawler winning this fight but Hendricks wrestling might be a problem, even though Robbie has great TDD he has been layed n prayed before. 

Hendricks isn't one to lay n pray Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:09 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

The hate for this guy is sickening. What did he say at all that was wrong? Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:10 AM

Entreri - He is thankful he does not have to fight GSP again.

GSP does extremely well in rematches. GSP would win again, this time UD against Hendricks.

With Lawler, he can do what he did to Condit, lay on him. Hopefully Robbie prepare thoroughly for that.
Lol! Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:11 AM

If gsp thought he would do well in a rematch the rematch would be happening. Don't fucking kid yourself. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:17 AM
Lick Boners

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - If gsp thought he would do well in a rematch the rematch would be happening. Don't fucking kid yourself. Phone Post 3.0

We can do a screen name bet when the rematch happens, if Johny even is the champ then. Lick Boners owns me, it's normal
12/20/13 11:27 AM
LucasBTiger
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - Johny seems very nice and likable in any other context, but darn it if he doesn't come off as somewhat whiny and obnoxious when it comes to fighting.

Ironic, ay? Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:40 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks sounded classy and respectful to GSP in this one - I like this side of him more than the disrespectful face he puts on to try to hype fights.

And he's right, GSP could have hung on longer and didn't, it was a classy move on GSP's part as well.

Basically he sees what so many others see - GSP, after years at the top, with all the sacrifice and effort that takes, is ready for a break - and is glad that GSP has gone about it in the proper way. Good for GSP, good for him.

I think its interesting that guys who've been at the top themselves understand why GSP needs a break (you can Google for all the fighter's comments, including Hendricks on this), while the fans, who have no idea of what's involved, are down on either GSP or Hendricks for not forcing a rematch. Just goes to show, everything's easy if you're just watching it from your couch.
12/20/13 11:46 AM
Jeon Sa
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damage control backfire IMO. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 11:56 AM
NYjojo

Hendricks coasted after the second round, no intensity. Would love to see Robbie knock him out.
12/20/13 12:23 PM
Siscio

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - The hate for this guy is sickening. What did he say at all that was wrong? Phone Post 3.0

Its not what he said thats wrong its what he didnt say

He needed to agree with the UG by saying GSP's cum tastes like sweet pineapples. thats the only way to please the UG when it comes to anything GSP related
12/20/13 12:36 PM
BigEyedFish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Siscio - 
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - The hate for this guy is sickening. What did he say at all that was wrong? Phone Post 3.0

He needed to agree with the UG by saying GSP's cum tastes like sweet pineapples. thats the only way to please the UG when it comes to anything GSP related

No he didnt. He just needs to understand that a close fight =/= a decisive victory and that in fact the two are polar opposites.
12/20/13 12:41 PM
sitchpack

Hopefully johnny will get KOed and he can go to the back of the line finally.

12/20/13 12:51 PM

BigEyedFish -
Siscio - 

No he didnt. He just needs to understand that a close fight =/= a decisive victory and that in fact the two are polar opposites.
Lol. He smashed gsp. It wasn't even a close fight. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 12:51 PM

Lick Boners -
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - If gsp thought he would do well in a rematch the rematch would be happening. Don't fucking kid yourself. Phone Post 3.0

We can do a screen name bet when the rematch happens, if Johny even is the champ then. Lick Boners owns me, it's normal
Deal. Phone Post 3.0
12/20/13 12:54 PM
BigEyedFish

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - 
BigEyedFish -
Siscio - 

Lol. He smashed gsp. It wasn't even a close fight. Phone Post 3.0

pretty much everyone, except for you saw it 2-2 with round 1 being the swing/contested round.

welcome to the world of being stupid

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.