UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman dominates Silva

12/21/13 1:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigraydaddy
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like Silva at all, but I don't see Weidman "dominating" him. I hope Weidman wins BTW.
12/21/13 1:26 AM
CoalTrain
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Lol and stand up being even Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 1:31 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigraydaddy - I don't like Silva at all, but I don't see Weidman "dominating" him. I hope Weidman wins BTW.

why? He already did...
12/21/13 1:35 AM
WizeKraker

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - 
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Silva is better everywhere other than wrestling Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately for Silva, the better wrestler usually dictates where the fight takes place.

12/21/13 1:36 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

I Wild Each It - Anderson's fans are relying heavily on "serious Silva" in the rematch. I see it the exact opposite, actually. I don't think Weidman is going to fuck around on the feet at all in this fight. I think he walks Anderson down, hits a double leg, and finishes him on the ground this time. Anderson's got a real dilemma with Chris. He can't blitz him...at all, or else he's getting taken down. Anderson knows this, which is why he tried to lure Chris into a stand-up fight the first time. As soon as Anderson tries to get off, he's getting taken down...and Chris has the strength and length to finish him there. Style make fights, and Chris is a terrible match-up for The Spider. Every champion eventually runs up against someone better.

VTFU
12/21/13 1:41 AM
Goonies Top Team

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Lol Anderson destroys Weidman, doesn't clown, Weidman shoots panic takedowns, Silva gets up, KO's Weidman, Rogan goes on about Silva being the greatest fighter ever in MMA. No need to even buy this one folks, I just told the story Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 1:42 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

WizeKraker - 
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Silva is better everywhere other than wrestling Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately for Silva, the better wrestler usually dictates where the fight takes place.

If Silva is better everywhere, Why did he lose the fight EVERYWHERE?

It was no fluke and neither will the 28th be. Can't wait
12/21/13 1:48 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Goonies Top Team - 
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Lol Anderson destroys Weidman, doesn't clown, Weidman shoots panic takedowns, Silva gets up, KO's Weidman, Rogan goes on about Silva being the greatest fighter ever in MMA. No need to even buy this one folks, I just told the story Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Again you guys are envisioning a version of Weidman that doesn't exist. I've never seen him shoot panic takedowns, nor get KO'd.

But I have seen him make the GOAT look average and beat him at his own game...

I am eager to see a Silva that doesn't clown, the "serious" Silva that is spoken about. it is our last hope for a close fight.
12/21/13 1:57 AM
WizeKraker

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
WizeKraker - 
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

Just incase i was misinterpreted as agreeing with the 2 posters i quoted. I agree Weidman is the superior fighter.

12/21/13 2:05 AM
Clarence Hurt
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even Renzo said Chris was fading. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 8:32 AM
Toquinho
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before the Anderson highlight from youtube with the lion speech.

In match 1 Weidman was great and anderson not his best.

I hope both are great this time and lets see a war. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 10:19 AM
SpicyTaco20

X Factor: Silva
Wrestling Advantage: Weidman
Stand up: Silva
Sub game: Even
Cardio: Silva
Stregnth: Weidman
Mental edge: Silva
Youth: Weidman. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 10:25 AM
A bailie

SpicyTaco20 - X Factor: Silva
Did you factor in who has the advantage in sidestep technique? Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 10:30 AM
Beta Galactose
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You know how many great middlweight boxers there were...You dont hear them being called the GOAT do you."

Yes... The GOAT, Sugar Ray Robinson. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 12:18 PM
ProctorMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman still being counted out even though he fucking won lol. Yea Anderson was clowning but it's one of his tactics no more than Jones feeling out the distance with his fingers extended.
12/21/13 12:23 PM
Authority Figure

X Factor: No such thing
Wrestling Advantage: Silva (Already beat Olympians and everyone in between)
Stand up: Silva (Most accurate striker in UFC History)
Sub game: Silva (Has subbed wrestlers and BJJ experts)
Cardio: Non-Factor for Either Fighter
Stregnth: Debatable
Mental edge: Silva (14 Title defenses, 13 successful, only 2 by decision, half in less than 2.5 minutes)
Youth: Weidman

12/21/13 12:27 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/21/13 12:27 PM

People see what they want to see. Some saw Chris missing TDs and looking fatigued before the KO, some see Anderson's clowning as "desperation", etc.

My own .02 after re-watching the fight is that the longer this stays on the feet - surprise - the more trouble Chris is in. As mentioned above Chris should (and probably will) shoot for TDs right from the opening bell.

The obvious question is, will Chris succeed in taking Silva down? If he does consistently, he's in control and should win this. He doesn't, he's getting KOed as soon as he starts tiring and/or makes a mistake (like over-reaching) with his striking.

12/21/13 12:37 PM
mcq
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -

Not sure how you give Weidman the submissions and call the stand up game even.  Thats just pathetic whether its really your opinion or you're just trolling.

More like:

X Factor: Anderson

Wrestling: Weidman

Stand up: ANDERSON

Submissions: ANDERSON

Cardio: ANDERSON

Stength: Weidman

Id give subs and cardio to Weidman. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 12:49 PM
mcq
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProctorMMA - Weidman still being counted out even though he fucking won lol. Yea Anderson was clowning but it's one of his tactics no more than Jones feeling out the distance with his fingers extended.
Agreed.
For some reason guys act like Silva clowned for the first time against Weidman, got clipped, and learned his lesson.

In reality, the clowning, dancing, hands at side was a tried and true tactic/ technique of Silva that has worked terrifically for him in the past. Hell, doesn't half of his highlight reel consist of the clowning?

Silva needs to respect Weidmans power which will limit his game but open up Chris'. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 12:59 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Weidman is in over his head Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 1:37 PM
JJarvis_6

Op is a dumbass fanboy Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 3:27 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

WizeKraker -
Bisping decisioned my SN - 
WizeKraker - 
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

Just incase i was misinterpreted as agreeing with the 2 posters i quoted. I agree Weidman is the superior fighter.

No you were interpreted correct. I just suck at using the quote function! Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 3:29 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Clarence Hurt - Even Renzo said Chris was fading. Phone Post 3.0
Lol I could give two fucks what Renzo said as if he is the ultimate authority when it comes to analyzing fights. Fighters are wrong all the time. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 3:32 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

A bailie -
SpicyTaco20 - X Factor: Silva
Did you factor in who has the advantage in sidestep technique? Phone Post 3.0
Anderson is that you? Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 4:07 PM
Stephen Holder

Even in the case that Chris wins so long as Silva sincerely commits to not fuckin off in this rematch, there's not a snowball's chance in hell it looks like their first fight.

Also if Weidman comes out and takes Anderson down and mauls him, refusing to let him up like Chael did or if he subs him or takes him down at will like Chael did then I'm going to go ahead and assume that Chris's financial/living/home/health/training situation last time hindered his ability in the first fight. Maybe with a better home, some money, better camp, peace of mind knowing that his family is more secure, we will see all the facets of his game in full.

Until that happens though, I don't give a fuck what anyone on here says. Chris didn't live up to the wrestling/GnP/BJJ/Strength/conditioning hype he came in with for that first fight. Anderson stuffed 2 tds BY THE END OF THE FIRST FUCKING ROUND lol. What fucking fight were you watching? I bet there are middleweight fighters not even in the top ten that could take Silva down whenever they want without any problem at all for 5 minutes. Chris took him down once and then wasn't able to again.

Some people on here get it but most of you don't. You guys process the first fight like 'well hey Chris won and in the process he humiliated Silva so therefore every single aspect of Chris's game during that fight was dominant.' Its not true. Both Joe Rogan, Dana White and even Renzo Gracie thought Silva was moments away from separating Chris's head from his shoulders. Where is that observation coming from? Why would Joe Rogan make that claim? Why would Renzo? Think about that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.