UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman dominates Silva

12/21/13 4:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even in the case that Chris wins so long as Silva sincerely commits to not fuckin off in this rematch, there's not a snowball's chance in hell it looks like their first fight.

Also if Weidman comes out and takes Anderson down and mauls him, refusing to let him up like Chael did or if he subs him or takes him down at will like Chael did then I'm going to go ahead and assume that Chris's financial/living/home/health/training situation last time hindered his ability in the first fight. Maybe with a better home, some money, better camp, peace of mind knowing that his family is more secure, we will see all the facets of his game in full.

Until that happens though, I don't give a fuck what anyone on here says. Chris didn't live up to the wrestling/GnP/BJJ/Strength/conditioning hype he came in with for that first fight. Anderson stuffed 2 tds BY THE END OF THE FIRST FUCKING ROUND lol. What fucking fight were you watching? I bet there are middleweight fighters not even in the top ten that could take Silva down whenever they want without any problem at all for 5 minutes. Chris took him down once and then wasn't able to again.

Some people on here get it but most of you don't. You guys process the first fight like 'well hey Chris won and in the process he humiliated Silva so therefore every single aspect of Chris's game during that fight was dominant.' Its not true. Both Joe Rogan, Dana White and even Renzo Gracie thought Silva was moments away from separating Chris's head from his shoulders. Where is that observation coming from? Why would Joe Rogan make that claim? Why would Renzo? Think about that.

12/21/13 4:11 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jasonrampage2010 - Why would you have youth over experience numnuts? Phone Post 3.0
Experience isn't a legitimate cAtegory, it's a pretend one the UFC uses to even out their matchup stats.

He s a better wrestler, a better striker and has better cardio.

Yes but the other guy has more experience, I wonder who will win. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 4:47 PM
The Black Cheez
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
Jasonrampage2010 - Why would you have youth over experience numnuts? Phone Post 3.0
Experience isn't a legitimate cAtegory, it's a pretend one the UFC uses to even out their matchup stats.

Yes but the other guy has more experience, I wonder who will win. Phone Post 3.0
Not even sure who you are talking about because you fail to use proper nouns.

But since I'm sure you're speaking against Silva on this one, I will respectfully disagree and explain that experience equates to knowledge.

For example, would you be more confident and willing to follow a lieutenant fresh out of west point; or a lieutenant who has led men in several tours during a war? The fresh meat is capable of doing well, but when he's presented with a situation he has little experience with, he's gonna have a bad time.

Not saying Weidman can't beat Silva again or that he can't dominate, just claiming that Anderson is a more knowledgeable fighter. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 5:16 PM
REDRUM_NYC

agreed with all points the OP made

12/21/13 5:16 PM
ShawnTheBadger
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only the grossly inexperienced would discount the importance of experience in pretty much any endeavor in life.

12/21/13 5:21 PM
KneeToFaceKO

ShawnTheBadger -

Only the grossly inexperienced would discount the importance of experience in pretty much any endeavor in life.

This

Oh and op is trolling hard. Phone Post
12/21/13 5:27 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

shaqitup -

Better striker? Your fucking kidding me.

Gtfo noob Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 5:35 PM
CaptainWoody
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Stand up: Even"

bwahahahahaha!!!
12/21/13 5:35 PM
fraz1001
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know who is going to win but i DO NOT see Weidman "dominating" Anderson....

Anderson has dominated EVERYONE he has faced in the UFC (except Weidman)

This fight could go either way but if someone is going to dominate it's gonna be Anderson IMO
12/21/13 5:49 PM

FedorLikeAura - Neither Anderson or Weidman can defeat Jacare, Mousasi, New Vitor Belfort or Machinda.

Its funny, Weidman/Anderson both arent top 5 in the world IMO
Your the worst troll on here.

Anderson obliterates any of those fools. Weidman beats vitor and jacare Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 6:03 PM
KnockoutThoughts

Anyone who watched the first fight objectively noticed a lack of effort by Silva in the first fight. Weidman in contrast came out with all the ambition in the world. If Silva has even 1/4 of the passion for the sport he had when he first attained the belt, this will be a brutal ass whooping by Silva. Weidman is an amazing fighter destined to be great, but skill for skill he doesn't match up to a dedicated Silva who WANTS it back. Just my opinion. Looking forward to a great fight. Late 2nd or early 3rd round KO. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 6:42 PM
The Black Cheez
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, FedorLike Aura. Everyones own opinion is going to be fact in their own perspective. Soo, either you're trolling or you're trying to pass your opinion as fact. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 6:59 PM
The Black Cheez

FedorLikeAura -
The Black Cheez - No, FedorLike Aura. Everyones own opinion is going to be fact in their own perspective. Soo, either you're trolling or you're trying to pass your opinion as fact. Phone Post 3.0

Fair enough, but we can all agree hes no God or the future GOAT
Well, if you're talking about Weidman, only time will tell. IMO, he legitimately beat Anderson. Whether you believe Andersons clowning is the reason or not, Weidman beat him with the advice of Longo and I would even give Jack Slack some credit for pointing out a not-so-obvious(at least to me) flaw in Silvas style.

Silva on the other hand is easily one of the Greatest of all Time.

Honestly though, the phrase "Greatest of all time" is a very short-sighted and vague description of a subject because we are missing information(statistics, fight record) of future fighters. Perhaps it should be GOTP(Greatest of the present), until we are at the end of time and some lucky gentleman can tally all the stats up and what not to determine the GOAT. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:00 PM
The Black Cheez

FedorLikeAura - And dont post again Black Cheez, your locked at 666 posts. Legit
Aw, I wish I saw this before posting again... Vtfu. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:04 PM
Authority Figure

"Weidman Will EASILY Beat/Destroy Anderson Silva"

12/21/13 7:04 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'll be interesting to see if he comes back like GSP and destroys him or if he comes back like RJJ and just clowns the whole fight en route to losing. My guess is the latter. It only takes one guy to shatter the aura of invincibility and then the rest believe it too. Anderson is the GOAT but Weidman wins the rematch IMO. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:13 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just rewatched the first fight and Weidman is a nightmare for Silva. Silva is so worried about the TD he was limited to only counter striking. Chris hits to hard and accurately to play that game, plus he showed he can grad the TD at any moment, or at least pressure with it to the same effect. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:24 PM
The Black Cheez

alkysmurf - I just rewatched the first fight and Weidman is a nightmare for Silva. Silva is so worried about the TD he was limited to only counter striking. Chris hits to hard and accurately to play that game, plus he showed he can grad the TD at any moment, or at least pressure with it to the same effect. Phone Post 3.0
He showed he can get one td and get stuffed twice after that, mang. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:29 PM
Authority Figure

alkysmurf - I just rewatched the first fight and Weidman is a nightmare for Silva. Silva is so worried about the TD he was limited to only counter striking. Chris hits to hard and accurately to play that game, plus he showed he can grad the TD at any moment, or at least pressure with it to the same effect. Phone Post 3.0

What if I said I rewatched the fight and found evidence that Silva just didn't give a shit and as usual allowed Chris to punch him - as he has done with other fighters in the past - and simply misjudged the power of that punch.

Who's rewatch would carry more weight?

Simply put, people see what they want to see. But next weekend all will be answered. But let's be real. Silva isn't getting steamrolled. Never in a million years.

12/21/13 7:36 PM
You're a Good Boy

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Lol Anderson destroys Weidman, doesn't clown, Weidman shoots panic takedowns, Silva gets up, KO's Weidman, Rogan goes on about Silva being the greatest fighter ever in MMA. No need to even buy this one folks, I just told the story Phone Post 3.0
This is the reason I am buying it Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 7:54 PM

FedorLikeAura -
The Black Cheez - 
FedorLikeAura - And dont post again Black Cheez, your locked at 666 posts. Legit

Black Cheez. I do not believe Weidmans win over Silva was a fluke

Hes the better MMA fight at the moment, Silvas only chance was to force Weidman into strking, and he did. and still got knocked out cold.

Nothing flukey about it, this time Silva gets submitted IMO.

Incase you thought I really thought that
FedorLikeAura

12/21/13 8:18 PM
The Black Cheez

FedorLikeAura -
The Black Cheez - 

Black Cheez. I do not believe Weidmans win over Silva was a fluke

Hes the better MMA fight at the moment, Silvas only chance was to force Weidman into strking, and he did. and still got knocked out cold.

Nothing flukey about it, this time Silva gets submitted IMO.

Incase you thought I really thought that
Oh no, I didn't think you were implying a fluke, I was just expressing my opinion on the fight. As a devout Silva fan, that was no fluke. I would like to believe Silva was not having his best night and goofed off too much, but I am not Andy, so I(and everyone who is not Anderson in fact)have no honest way of knowing. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 9:04 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

The Black Cheez -
alkysmurf - I just rewatched the first fight and Weidman is a nightmare for Silva. Silva is so worried about the TD he was limited to only counter striking. Chris hits to hard and accurately to play that game, plus he showed he can grad the TD at any moment, or at least pressure with it to the same effect. Phone Post 3.0
He showed he can get one td and get stuffed twice after that, mang. Phone Post 3.0
He also showed if he doesn't get a takedown so what he can knock him out.

Some of those were more just grinding/ clinching if the takedown is there I'll take it.

He controlled where the fight took place and was never in any trouble. He will only be more relaxed and improved in their second bout. Anderson is too old now to take the new lion who is a stylistic nightmare for him. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 9:06 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Stephen Holder - Even in the case that Chris wins so long as Silva sincerely commits to not fuckin off in this rematch, there's not a snowball's chance in hell it looks like their first fight.

Also if Weidman comes out and takes Anderson down and mauls him, refusing to let him up like Chael did or if he subs him or takes him down at will like Chael did then I'm going to go ahead and assume that Chris's financial/living/home/health/training situation last time hindered his ability in the first fight. Maybe with a better home, some money, better camp, peace of mind knowing that his family is more secure, we will see all the facets of his game in full.

Until that happens though, I don't give a fuck what anyone on here says. Chris didn't live up to the wrestling/GnP/BJJ/Strength/conditioning hype he came in with for that first fight. Anderson stuffed 2 tds BY THE END OF THE FIRST FUCKING ROUND lol. What fucking fight were you watching? I bet there are middleweight fighters not even in the top ten that could take Silva down whenever they want without any problem at all for 5 minutes. Chris took him down once and then wasn't able to again.

Some people on here get it but most of you don't. You guys process the first fight like 'well hey Chris won and in the process he humiliated Silva so therefore every single aspect of Chris's game during that fight was dominant.' Its not true. Both Joe Rogan, Dana White and even Renzo Gracie thought Silva was moments away from separating Chris's head from his shoulders. Where is that observation coming from? Why would Joe Rogan make that claim? Why would Renzo? Think about that.

Your an idiot. Just my opinion Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 9:08 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

The Black Cheez -
shaqitup -

Not even sure who you are talking about because you fail to use proper nouns.

But since I'm sure you're speaking against Silva on this one, I will respectfully disagree and explain that experience equates to knowledge.

For example, would you be more confident and willing to follow a lieutenant fresh out of west point; or a lieutenant who has led men in several tours during a war? The fresh meat is capable of doing well, but when he's presented with a situation he has little experience with, he's gonna have a bad time.

Not saying Weidman can't beat Silva again or that he can't dominate, just claiming that Anderson is a more knowledgeable fighter. Phone Post 3.0
The difference is the older generals with more experience have young soldiers doing their fighting for them. It's not like they are on the front lines themselves. Of course experience will go a long way but it doesn't beat someone who is better in almost every other aspect... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.