UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman dominates Silva

12/21/13 9:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bisping decisioned my SN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KneeToFaceKO -
ShawnTheBadger -

Only the grossly inexperienced would discount the importance of experience in pretty much any endeavor in life.

This

Oh and op is trolling hard. Phone Post
Experience influences the fight when everything else is equal. I've already shown how they are not.

Chris Weidman is better in almost every aspect even if you wanna give Silva the striking advantage. (weidman knocked him out)

If experience was all that mattered we would have an 80 year old champ. Mma is a physical contact sport where being young and talented far out weighs experience.

Silva in his prime would probably put Chris to sleep. Silva is very old for MMA and will be even more aged for the rematch. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 9:48 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Bisping decisioned my SN -
KneeToFaceKO -
ShawnTheBadger -

Only the grossly inexperienced would discount the importance of experience in pretty much any endeavor in life.

This

Experience influences the fight when everything else is equal. I've already shown how they are not.

Chris Weidman is better in almost every aspect even if you wanna give Silva the striking advantage. (weidman knocked him out)

If experience was all that mattered we would have an 80 year old champ. Mma is a physical contact sport where being young and talented far out weighs experience.

Silva in his prime would probably put Chris to sleep. Silva is very old for MMA and will be even more aged for the rematch. Phone Post 3.0
Silva has proven time and time again he's still in his prime.

Rip Weidman Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 10:35 PM
The Pendulum

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -
The Pendulum -

Not sure how you give Weidman the submissions and call the stand up game even.  Thats just pathetic whether its really your opinion or you're just trolling.

More like:

X Factor: Anderson

Wrestling: Weidman

Stand up: ANDERSON

Submissions: ANDERSON

Cardio: ANDERSON

Stength: Weidman

I think you'll find the submission and cardio advantage go to Chris. Phone Post 3.0
Absolutely not. He failed at submitting Anderson in the first fight, and weidman was fading before that big shot landed. Phone Post 3.0
Just because he didn't get Silva to tap doesn't mean he didn't do damage with it. After Anderson got up he was moving visibly slower. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:19 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

The Pendulum -
The Pendulum -

Not sure how you give Weidman the submissions and call the stand up game even.  Thats just pathetic whether its really your opinion or you're just trolling.

More like:

I think you'll find the submission and cardio advantage go to Chris. Phone Post 3.0
Absolutely not. He failed at submitting Anderson in the first fight, and weidman was fading before that big shot landed. Phone Post 3.0
Just because he didn't get Silva to tap doesn't mean he didn't do damage with it. After Anderson got up he was moving visibly slower. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think the sub attempt slowed him but the beating he was taking on the ground certainly tired him. He knew Chris was no Chael and the fight would be over soon if he couldn't get it standing.

But it is a pretty well known fact that Chris has better BJJ than Anderson. He has gone up against some of the best in Tournaments.

I don't know why people here still think Anderson has better submissions it's not even close. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:21 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -
KneeToFaceKO -
ShawnTheBadger -

This

Silva has proven time and time again he's still in his prime.

Rip Weidman Phone Post 3.0
Except when he just got knocked out... That's usually what happens when someone reaches their 40s they begin to slow down.

It happens even to GOATS

Anderson is not in his prime Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:24 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

BJ Penn is Irish - It'll be interesting to see if he comes back like GSP and destroys him or if he comes back like RJJ and just clowns the whole fight en route to losing. My guess is the latter. It only takes one guy to shatter the aura of invincibility and then the rest believe it too. Anderson is the GOAT but Weidman wins the rematch IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Difference is GSP just got caught and wasn't out of his prime.

Anderson got dominated from start to finish and he's not getting any younger.

That fight was pretty fluky... The weidman one not at all. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:28 PM

BJ Penn is Irish - It'll be interesting to see if he comes back like GSP and destroys him or if he comes back like RJJ and just clowns the whole fight en route to losing. My guess is the latter. It only takes one guy to shatter the aura of invincibility and then the rest believe it too. Anderson is the GOAT but Weidman wins the rematch IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Lol dominated? Keep trolling. Weidman looked awful in the second until he got lucky. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:55 PM
The Black Cheez
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Black Cheez -
shaqitup -
Jasonrampage2010 - Why would you have youth over experience numnuts? Phone Post 3.0
Experience isn't a legitimate cAtegory, it's a pretend one the UFC uses to even out their matchup stats.

He s a better wrestler, a better striker and has better cardio.

Yes but the other guy has more experience, I wonder who will win. Phone Post 3.0
Not even sure who you are talking about because you fail to use proper nouns.

But since I'm sure you're speaking against Silva on this one, I will respectfully disagree and explain that experience equates to knowledge.

For example, would you be more confident and willing to follow a lieutenant fresh out of west point; or a lieutenant who has led men in several tours during a war? The fresh meat is capable of doing well, but when he's presented with a situation he has little experience with, he's gonna have a bad time.

Not saying Weidman can't beat Silva again or that he can't dominate, just claiming that Anderson is a more knowledgeable fighter. Phone Post 3.0
The difference is the older generals with more experience have young soldiers doing their fighting for them. It's not like they are on the front lines themselves. Of course experience will go a long way but it doesn't beat someone who is better in almost every other aspect... Phone Post 3.0
That's pretty opinionated, but you have a point.

As far as generals go, the reason they aren't on the frontline is because they are the commanders, and you don't want the commander dead. Lieutenants however, are often in the field in command of a platoon especially in Vietnam. Hence my using lieutenants as an example.

Let's say that andersons brain, with all of his fight experience, every fight he's been in. All 38 of his fights. All of his training throughout his life. Let's say Silva brain is the general. His eyes are his majors and lieutenant colonels. His nervous system/musculature system his lieutenants, and his limbs and such are the rest of the platoon including sergeants descending to private and vice versa for Weidman.

Well in comparison, Andersons "general" is far, far more experienced, has seen many battles and lost only 5.

Weidmans "general" has incredible potential, and is undefeated in 10 battles. The previous victory over the Silva army was an incredible feat and assures that the Weidman army is on the path to greatness.

What the next battle is going to boil down to is experience. It is THE difference maker in my opinion. Anderson has experienced Weidman, with all his skill/strength(im aware that it will be improved next time)and will adjust accordingly, smartly, so that this time around his general will not fall victim to the opponents frontlines. He took his experience from the first battle and will come back with a better idea of what he's dealing with. He will utilize all of his experience and this is where he wins.

My analogy isn't the best, but my point is that Anderson has a feel for Weidmans strength and ability, and Weidman for Silva as well; however, Silva having more experience overall can make the right adjustments and improve on his mistakes from the first fight.

Weidman looked absolutely stellar the first go around. He doesn't have much to improve upon. The way some talk about Weidman it's as if he doesn't even need to train for the rematch.

With this in mind, Silva with all of his experience is able to come into the rematch with a number of approaches that he has. Of course he will look to keep it standing, that's where he is at his best.

IMO, the difference maker in this rematch is experience. Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:58 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the fight again. Weidman threw the sloppiest jabs ever. I don't know how a guy like silva doesn't capitalize on that. I think a patient and conditioned silva wins the fight but he has been a different headspace so long I don't know if he is willing to remain disciplined
12/21/13 11:59 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/13 12:02 AM
Double post
12/22/13 12:11 AM
The Black Cheez
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once again, I have not once said that Weidman won't win the rematch, he has proven he has the skills to win already. I simply think that Weidman will be exposed and it will be capitalized upon. He will force the less experienced Weidman to slip up and will capitalize so long as the fight stays standing.

Personally I think the submission game is pretty even between the two. Either could submit the other, I'm sure. Weidman is obviously the better wrestler, im not sure about BJJ though. Id say Andys experience gives him the edge in BJJ.

Who fucking knows though, man? I'm rooting for Anderson The Spider Silva and have much respect for both he and Chris Weidman. We'll see what happens. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:30 AM
hawaiidave

I can't wait to bump this thread after the fight... Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:38 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

The Black Cheez -
The Black Cheez -
shaqitup -
Jasonrampage2010 - Why would you have youth over experience numnuts? Phone Post 3.0
Experience isn't a legitimate cAtegory, it's a pretend one the UFC uses to even out their matchup stats.

He s a better wrestler, a better striker and has better cardio.

Yes but the other guy has more experience, I wonder who will win. Phone Post 3.0
Not even sure who you are talking about because you fail to use proper nouns.

But since I'm sure you're speaking against Silva on this one, I will respectfully disagree and explain that experience equates to knowledge.

For example, would you be more confident and willing to follow a lieutenant fresh out of west point; or a lieutenant who has led men in several tours during a war? The fresh meat is capable of doing well, but when he's presented with a situation he has little experience with, he's gonna have a bad time.

Not saying Weidman can't beat Silva again or that he can't dominate, just claiming that Anderson is a more knowledgeable fighter. Phone Post 3.0
The difference is the older generals with more experience have young soldiers doing their fighting for them. It's not like they are on the front lines themselves. Of course experience will go a long way but it doesn't beat someone who is better in almost every other aspect... Phone Post 3.0
That's pretty opinionated, but you have a point.

As far as generals go, the reason they aren't on the frontline is because they are the commanders, and you don't want the commander dead. Lieutenants however, are often in the field in command of a platoon especially in Vietnam. Hence my using lieutenants as an example.

Let's say that andersons brain, with all of his fight experience, every fight he's been in. All 38 of his fights. All of his training throughout his life. Let's say Silva brain is the general. His eyes are his majors and lieutenant colonels. His nervous system/musculature system his lieutenants, and his limbs and such are the rest of the platoon including sergeants descending to private and vice versa for Weidman.

Well in comparison, Andersons "general" is far, far more experienced, has seen many battles and lost only 5.

Weidmans "general" has incredible potential, and is undefeated in 10 battles. The previous victory over the Silva army was an incredible feat and assures that the Weidman army is on the path to greatness.

What the next battle is going to boil down to is experience. It is THE difference maker in my opinion. Anderson has experienced Weidman, with all his skill/strength(im aware that it will be improved next time)and will adjust accordingly, smartly, so that this time around his general will not fall victim to the opponents frontlines. He took his experience from the first battle and will come back with a better idea of what he's dealing with. He will utilize all of his experience and this is where he wins.

My analogy isn't the best, but my point is that Anderson has a feel for Weidmans strength and ability, and Weidman for Silva as well; however, Silva having more experience overall can make the right adjustments and improve on his mistakes from the first fight.

Weidman looked absolutely stellar the first go around. He doesn't have much to improve upon. The way some talk about Weidman it's as if he doesn't even need to train for the rematch.

With this in mind, Silva with all of his experience is able to come into the rematch with a number of approaches that he has. Of course he will look to keep it standing, that's where he is at his best.

IMO, the difference maker in this rematch is experience. Phone Post 3.0
Even though I don't see this fight coming down to experience alone, anything can happen.

VTFU for the analogy. I think it sounds better in theory than when it's actually applied to the fight.

If fighter A and B are equal in all aspects except experience. The one with more experience will almost always win. There's certainly no substitute for experience in real life. But in a fight they are usually never equally skilled in all aspects. These other tools will separate the fighters more than pure experience. But Anderson will definitely have that on his side. I just want a damn good fight! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:40 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -

Lol dominated? Keep trolling. Weidman looked awful in the second until he got lucky. Phone Post 3.0
Can you hear yourself? You sound silly.

What happens when he gets lucky twice?

Do you continue to live in your fantasy world? Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:51 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

The Black Cheez - Once again, I have not once said that Weidman won't win the rematch, he has proven he has the skills to win already. I simply think that Weidman will be exposed and it will be capitalized upon. He will force the less experienced Weidman to slip up and will capitalize so long as the fight stays standing.

Personally I think the submission game is pretty even between the two. Either could submit the other, I'm sure. Weidman is obviously the better wrestler, im not sure about BJJ though. Id say Andys experience gives him the edge in BJJ.

Who fucking knows though, man? I'm rooting for Anderson The Spider Silva and have much respect for both he and Chris Weidman. We'll see what happens. Phone Post 3.0
Good post. If he can keep it on the feet as long as the last fight he has a very good shot at making weidman pay. Chris at times almost looked to comfortable standing with him and that could cost him.

I agree I think the BJJ is so close it's a wash. But when you factor in Weidmans wrestling into the grappling exchanges as a whole I give a slight advantage to him.

I like Anderson and would be happy if he won and his legacy would be even bigger. But I just think CW has his number and age is a major factor for the spider.... He has been on top for so long! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:57 AM

FedorLikeAura - ^ People are funny

Matt Serra knocked GSP senseless, in the street, GSP is dead

nothing flukey about ending somebody like that

just like Anderson would of been comatosed for good in the street by Weidman.

but Weidman has weak knees, Id like to see Silva batter his legs with kicks in the late rounds if he survives submisson

Weidman over confidence is finally starting to annoy me..If Anderson doesnt knock this kid out...I believe he drops out of my top 5 P4P all time list honestly
Matt Serra koing GSP wasn't a fluke?

Stop posting now dumbass. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:58 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Doem - Just watched the fight again. Weidman threw the sloppiest jabs ever. I don't know how a guy like silva doesn't capitalize on that. I think a patient and conditioned silva wins the fight but he has been a different headspace so long I don't know if he is willing to remain disciplined
I agree it's not like weidmans standup is what starched silva. Silva Clowned and paid but that's how he always fights, it's his style...

I haven't been impressed with Silva's last couple of fights to be honest.

Especially his fight with bonnar, he really let him tee off on him against the cage. I made a thread saying he can't do that with weidman and everyone laughed at me.
"It was bonnar he wasn't worried, he will take weidman more seriously"
but no ones laughing now.

It will be interesting to see how silva plays this one. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:02 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

hawaiidave - I can't wait to bump this thread after the fight... Phone Post 3.0
I bet ya don't Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:13 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FedorLikeAura -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - 
FedorLikeAura - ^ People are funny

Matt Serra knocked GSP senseless, in the street, GSP is dead

nothing flukey about ending somebody like that

just like Anderson would of been comatosed for good in the street by Weidman.

but Weidman has weak knees, Id like to see Silva batter his legs with kicks in the late rounds if he survives submisson

Weidman over confidence is finally starting to annoy me..If Anderson doesnt knock this kid out...I believe he drops out of my top 5 P4P all time list honestly
Matt Serra koing GSP wasn't a fluke?

Stop posting now dumbass. Phone Post 3.0

How would we know? Serra never got a 3rd fight.

Sorry, Serra beat GSP way more impressive then GSP beat Serra.

Serra deserved a rematch, and wasnt granted cause UFC couldnt risk him losing to a tiny italian again.

There is nothing flukey about getting ur head dribbled and TAPPPPPING to strikes in your prime.

Sorry bud, u bitch
That's because he never could strong together enough wins worthy of a rematch, after GSP beat him. The ufc was not always how it is now where it is immediate rematch after rematch... Maybe not a fluke but more like he just caught George and finished him. Maybe at that point in time he was the better fighter.

But are you really gonna sit there and act like he would beat GSP after he revenges his loss? That's when GSP actually destroyed people and he was just getting started.

Prime GSP vs Prime Serra

Gsp 9 times out of 10 Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:21 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Your acting like it is impossible for a technically better fighter to loss by making a mistake. It's happened plenty of times and happens in every sport. Maybe fluke is the wrong word but it's more like that fighter capitalized and was better on that night. Especially when the other fighter comes back to win in a rematch. Example JDS vs Cain...

I think that's why so many people want to see this rematch, they think Chris got kinda lucky because Silva Clowned. I don't think it will matter weidman will win again. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:36 AM
Good Sir
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More like:

This is accurate Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 9:13 AM
DakenTattoo

Here is another key difference no one is talking about. Weidman listened to his corner. Anderson ignored his. Experience doesn't matter if you don't listen to the people coaching you.
12/22/13 9:35 AM
Gfropr

Silva is going to brutalize Weidman and retire. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:03 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

AdmiralCackbar - Why is anyone giving Weidman the cardio advantage when we have never seen Anderson gas in a fight. He has top flight conditioning. Weidman has never been into the championship rounds, so it's silly to give him that over Silva. Phone Post 3.0
It's probably pretty even. But Anderson title defenses have either been pretty short because he destroys everyone or 5 rounds because he danced. It's not like we've seen him go 5 rounds recently where he had a war. As you age your cardio gets worse, also if weidman decides to wrestle fuck him I would bet the house silva gasses first. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:14 PM
Stephen Holder

^Blatant troll of the year award

haha Silva hasnt recently go through a 5 round war? The single best example of a 5 round championship victory was his 5th round sub of a roided up Sonnen 3 years ago. That is the text book definition for composure/skill/cardio that mma has ever produced.

Why on earth would you assume if one of them is gonna gas it would be Silva? What are you basing this on? Have we ever seen Silva gas? Did you even watch the first fight? If anyone was gassing aka 'fading' (the term used by his own coach) it was Chris.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.