UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman dominates Silva

12/22/13 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - Agree with OP. Lack of respect for Weidman's skills is utterly disgusting from a community of hardcore MMA fans Phone Post 3.0

I'm not disrespecting Chris. I'm just saying if he wins this time its not going to look like the first fight. Maybe its a boring GSP style point tally decision? Maybe his new contract as champ has improved the quality of Chris's life and allows a healthier, better prepared fighter to live up to his bjj hype, GnP hype, wrestling hype and he utilizes those tools to respectively sub, gnp, molest his way to vicory?

At any rate however Chris wins it wont be as easy as you guys are making it seem using the last fight as a measuring stick. Silva makes one small adjustment in concentrating his focus and that type of brutal, embarassing KO is the one outcome you can bet we will never see again.
12/22/13 12:25 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Bisping decisioned my SN -
AdmiralCackbar - Why is anyone giving Weidman the cardio advantage when we have never seen Anderson gas in a fight. He has top flight conditioning. Weidman has never been into the championship rounds, so it's silly to give him that over Silva. Phone Post 3.0
It's probably pretty even. But Anderson title defenses have either been pretty short because he destroys everyone or 5 rounds because he danced. It's not like we've seen him go 5 rounds recently where he had a war. As you age your cardio gets worse, also if weidman decides to wrestle fuck him I would bet the house silva gasses first. Phone Post 3.0
Yes. We never saw him in a 5 round war....where he won after brutal and exhausting 4.25 rounds..never happened. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:30 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Stephen Holder - ^Blatant troll of the year award

haha Silva hasnt recently go through a 5 round war? The single best example of a 5 round championship victory was his 5th round sub of a roided up Sonnen 3 years ago. That is the text book definition for composure/skill/cardio that mma has ever produced.

Why on earth would you assume if one of them is gonna gas it would be Silva? What are you basing this on? Have we ever seen Silva gas? Did you even watch the first fight? If anyone was gassing aka 'fading' (the term used by his own coach) it was Chris.
Key word was Recently... 3 years ago is an eternity for someone who's pushing 40!

If weidman sticks to the Chael game plan Silva doesn't make it out of the 3rd. Silva's honest lucky CW decided to stand as much as he did in the first fight... Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:35 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Stephen Holder -
BW92 - Agree with OP. Lack of respect for Weidman's skills is utterly disgusting from a community of hardcore MMA fans Phone Post 3.0

I'm not disrespecting Chris. I'm just saying if he wins this time its not going to look like the first fight. Maybe its a boring GSP style point tally decision? Maybe his new contract as champ has improved the quality of Chris's life and allows a healthier, better prepared fighter to live up to his bjj hype, GnP hype, wrestling hype and he utilizes those tools to respectively sub, gnp, molest his way to vicory?

At any rate however Chris wins it wont be as easy as you guys are making it seem using the last fight as a measuring stick. Silva makes one small adjustment in concentrating his focus and that type of brutal, embarassing KO is the one outcome you can bet we will never see again.
Nope. Chris will win again because he has a style that is a nightmare for silva. He also has physical size that most others challengers before never had when combined with his skill.

Anderson can't just change one thing because that one thing is his style it's the way he always fights. If he doesn't clown, he can't get opponents to overextend and counter them. I honestly can't wait to see the rematch because I don't know what Anderson can do. Chris just has his number. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:39 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

It might not end In a KO again but I can promise it won't be a boring GSP decision. Weidman is out to prove a point. Impressive dominant Stoppage 2 round.

Then the excuses will fly. Anderson was way out of his prime or he would have brutalized weidman. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:49 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Bisping decisioned my SN - It might not end In a KO again but I can promise it won't be a boring GSP decision. Weidman is out to prove a point. Impressive dominant Stoppage 2 round.

Then the excuses will fly. Anderson was way out of his prime or he would have brutalized weidman. Phone Post 3.0
Wanna bet? Phone Post
12/22/13 12:59 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Bisping decisioned my SN - 

haha Silva hasnt recently go through a 5 round war? The single best example of a 5 round championship victory was his 5th round sub of a roided up Sonnen 3 years ago. That is the text book definition for composure/skill/cardio that mma has ever produced.

Why on earth would you assume if one of them is gonna gas it would be Silva? What are you basing this on? Have we ever seen Silva gas? Did you even watch the first fight? If anyone was gassing aka 'fading' (the term used by his own coach) it was Chris.
Key word was Recently... 3 years ago is an eternity for someone who's pushing 40!

If weidman sticks to the Chael game plan Silva doesn't make it out of the 3rd. Silva's honest lucky CW decided to stand as much as he did in the first fight... Phone Post 3.0

Okay so we have never seen Anderson gassing at all, in "recent" or non"recent" fights....

We HAVE seen Chris gassing (or "fading" according to Serra) as recently as his last fight, and certainly in the Maia ight as well. 

Yet you want to conclude from the evidence we have, that Anderson is the one who will tire first in this matchup?

Solid!

With a core injury after 4 rounds of getting beat up by a roid monster:

I am sure that is all gone now though because it has been 3 years....lol

12/22/13 1:01 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Now Chris "chose" to stand? Yeah no. He was getting stuffed at the end of round 1 and in round 2. He wanted it on the ground again...just couldn't get it there.

12/22/13 1:11 PM
IGOTBELCHED

I agree with the OP, its ridiculous how many people(including fighters) are writing off the first fight as anderson "playing games" and that a serious anderson will murder weidman in the first round. Fact is weidman took him down, dominated him then ko'ed him, anderson had his chance when his mind games started to affect weidman towards the mid to end of the first round, i don't think his mind games will have an affect this time, weidman second guessed himself at times in the first fight, he won't now he knows he can beat anderson, i think weidman dominates him this time.
However it would be stupid for me to say anderson has no chance he can always land a shot and stop weidman, but i just think weidman is a better fighter, he's better on the ground, better in wrestling, stronger, bigger and more athletic guy, only place anderson has the advantage is in the striking, which we all know is a good place to have an advantage, but weidman can still clean his clock.
12/22/13 1:17 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Now Chris "chose" to stand? Yeah no. He was getting stuffed at the end of round 1 and in round 2. He wanted it on the ground again...just couldn't get it there.

He didn't seem that worried. If he really wants to get silva down he will trust me. Those takedowns were sloppy that silva stuffed. It's the same as a boxer always throwing a jab not everyone is meant to be devastating or rock their opponent, but they keep them thinking.... Wrestlers sometimes attempt takedowns in a similar way, just keeping pressure on you. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:21 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

KneeToFaceKO -
Bisping decisioned my SN - It might not end In a KO again but I can promise it won't be a boring GSP decision. Weidman is out to prove a point. Impressive dominant Stoppage 2 round.

Wanna bet? Phone Post
That excuses will fly when weidman wins or that it will be an impressive dominant win? Sure Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:23 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Yes I am sure those attempts were "sloppy" because he didn't really want to take Andy down. I am sure they were just to keep Andy guessing. Nothing to do with Anderson's defense, and certainly nothing to do with Chris fading after the first 4 minutes of the fight. 

12/22/13 1:25 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Okay so we have never seen Anderson gassing at all, in "recent" or non"recent" fights....

We HAVE seen Chris gassing (or "fading" according to Serra) as recently as his last fight, and certainly in the Maia ight as well. 

Yet you want to conclude from the evidence we have, that Anderson is the one who will tire first in this matchup?

Solid!

With a core injury after 4 rounds of getting beat up by a roid monster:

I am sure that is all gone now though because it has been 3 years....lol

Mia fight short notice.

Silva fight please CW never looked to be fading he was being patient.

Cool gifs your right Anderson's cardio was impressive in the Chael fight but I sure hope that's not his game plan for this one.

Also that was quiet a long time ago and And besides cardio isn't going to factor that much into this one.

Chris is going to beat him inside of 3.

But good to know that Anderson can take a beating for 5 rounds, I just don't think hell have to. Chris will put him away much sooner. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:28 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Oh shit. Chris wasn't fading, he was just being patient, because random internet poster says so. 

Everyone please ignore what Chris' pwn coaches said about Chris clearly fading, and please ignore your own eyes. Random internet poster says he was just being patient so that's that...

12/22/13 1:31 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Yes I am sure those attempts were "sloppy" because he didn't really want to take Andy down. I am sure they were just to keep Andy guessing. Nothing to do with Anderson's defense, and certainly nothing to do with Chris fading after the first 4 minutes of the fight. 

Haha it's going to be fun bumping this thread after a fading Chris dominates Anderson again.

You have very little understanding of a wrestlers mentality. They are grinders they wear your ass down with constant pressure. Sure you may stop a takedown or two, good job, but your gonna have to continue to stop them all fight and it throws you off your game...

Shit we saw Chael out strike Silva how? His wrestling opened it up. Chaels striking isn't near Silva's but he dropped him a few times.

Your clinging to some successful defense by Anderson as some ultimately victory or reason to believe his wrestling is on par with Weidman. It's pretty entertaining. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:33 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Oh shit. Chris wasn't fading, he was just being patient, because random internet poster says so. 

Everyone please ignore what Chris' pwn coaches said about Chris clearly fading, and please ignore your own eyes. Random internet poster says he was just being patient so that's that...

Well glad to know a fading CW can knock out Silva, I would hate to see what a prepared Weidman looks like. Good thing he and his coach know the only thing he should work on is his cardio.... Must be nice Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:36 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Well glad to know a fading CW can knock out Silva, I would hate to see what a prepared Weidman looks like. Good thing he and his coach know the only thing he should work on is his cardio.... Must be nice Phone Post 3.0
Glad you can admit now that cardio is more of a concern for CW than Silva...even if it is in a backhanded denial kinda way. ;-) Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:38 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Haha it's going to be fun bumping this thread after a fading Chris dominates Anderson again.

You have very little understanding of a wrestlers mentality. They are grinders they wear your ass down with constant pressure. Sure you may stop a takedown or two, good job, but your gonna have to continue to stop them all fight and it throws you off your game...

Shit we saw Chael out strike Silva how? His wrestling opened it up. Chaels striking isn't near Silva's but he dropped him a few times.

Your clinging to some successful defense by Anderson as some ultimately victory or reason to believe his wrestling is on par with Weidman. It's pretty entertaining. Phone Post 3.0
Please show me where I said his wrestling is on par with CW???

You have comprehension issues.

Chael only dropped andy once btw. The other was proven a slip and conformed by Sonnen as well. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:53 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Glad you can admit now that cardio is more of a concern for CW than Silva...even if it is in a backhanded denial kinda way. ;-) Phone Post 3.0
Cardio Weidman unstoppable

Good to know Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:54 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja -

Please show me where I said his wrestling is on par with CW???

You have comprehension issues.

Chael only dropped andy once btw. The other was proven a slip and conformed by Sonnen as well. Phone Post 3.0
Still who else has dropped the GOAT? Who would have thought it would be a wrestler, coincidence another great wrestler KOs him?

We both know it was because he had cracked ribs lol Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:59 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

So cute to watch you when proven wrong. Adorable. "but still...but still"

Chael and Chris both have decent boxing fundamentals, and both caught Anderson off balance and out of position. They deserve props for that 100%.

You can pretend his rib injuries played no role at all if you want. The rest of us rational people will be over here... Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:06 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja - So cute to watch you when proven wrong. Adorable. "but still...but still"

Chael and Chris both have decent boxing fundamentals, and both caught Anderson off balance and out of position. They deserve props for that 100%.

You can pretend his rib injuries played no role at all if you want. The rest of us rational people will be over here... Phone Post 3.0
Rational hahaha

More like delusional fanboy

It's cool I'll bump this thread after the fight Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:13 PM
Stephen Holder

Edited: 12/22/13 2:21 PM
Uhh so Chris was described by many as a younger, stronger, better version of Sonnen...

So if Chael was able to take Anderson down at will (meaning literally every attempt Sonnen, albeit on roids, made to take Silva down in their first fight, he succeded) explain to me how Chris lived up to his hype last July when he was getting tds stuffed by the end of the firsy round?

On a side note to all of this, notice how following Weidman/Silva 1 Chael started talking about moving back to 185. I know he saw flaws in Weidmans game that he could take advantage of after a good ol healthy TRT injection. If Chris wins next weekend and after beatimg a way past his prime Wanderlei, I'd bet we see Sonnen get a match with Jacre at 185 and if he's somehow able to beat him Challenge Weidman (if he's then able to get past trtVitor n Machida.)
12/22/13 2:13 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja - So cute to watch you when proven wrong. Adorable. "but still...but still"

Rational hahaha

More like delusional fanboy

It's cool I'll bump this thread after the fight Phone Post 3.0

Okay so the documentary from before the fight was all staged right? They paid off a doctor to pretend there was an injury....just in case Anderson loooked slower and weaker than normal, and just in case Sonnen won the first 4 rounds? 

After the first round when Anderson walked back to his corner holding his ribs, in clear pain, that was staged too, just in case...

Please bump this after the fight. One of us will be wrong about who we think will win, but it will remind everyone just how delusional you are about Anderson overall.

12/22/13 2:17 PM
FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja

Stephen Holder - Uhh so Chris was described by many as a younger, stronger, better version of Sonnen...

So if Chael was able to take Anderson down at will (meaning literally every attempt Sonnen, albeit on roids, made to take Silva down in their first fight, he succeded) explain to me how Chris lived up to his hype last July when he was getting tds stuffed by the end of the firsy round?

On a side note to all of this, notice how following Weidman/Silva 1 Chael started talking about moving back to 185. I know he saw flaws in Weidmans game that he could take advantage of after a good ol healthy TRT injection.

I agree with your points buy Sonnen only went 3/7 in the first fight iirc...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.