UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Best Left Hooks in MMA

12/22/13 6:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheDarkPassenger
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS has some pretty monsterous left hooks Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 6:52 PM
Arlovskis Chin
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Takingmyplumstomarket -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
ProteinOverdrive -
AlphaMaleJP - 
me101 -

He could ko a polar bear with that left hook. Phone Post 3.0

Are you fucking crazy!? Do you know how big a polar bear is? Daley would not KO a polar bear with a steel baseball bat.
Jesus Christ. Phone Post
Jesus wouldn't ko a polar bear either. His standup was overrated. Phone Post 3.0
Been to a Daley seminar and after watching him shadow box with it I decided I'd rather be hit with a hammer. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 6:53 PM
Arlovskis Chin
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheDarkPassenger - JDS has some pretty monsterous left hooks Phone Post 3.0
His check lefts are ridiculous. EVERY one lands Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 6:56 PM
bigelz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Weidman. The most iconic in UFC history. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 6:56 PM
KapowZombie
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishMMAFanatic - Dan Hardys Leaping Left Hook Is Awesome.. Also Hominick Phone Post 3.0
This! The way Dan moves in after his jab/double jab is fucking brilliant. The one Condit landed on him was nice too! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 7:01 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poster Boy.

12/22/13 7:04 PM
jmont
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me101 -

mark hunt or hendricks Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 7:05 PM
jmont

bigelz - Chris Weidman. The most iconic in UFC history. Phone Post 3.0
maybe ugliest Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 7:06 PM
bigelz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont -
bigelz - Chris Weidman. The most iconic in UFC history. Phone Post 3.0
maybe ugliest Phone Post 3.0
On multiple levels! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 7:08 PM
bigelz

DMC26 -
bigelz - Chris Weidman. The most iconic in UFC history. Phone Post 3.0

Well Played Sir
TY Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 7:33 PM
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James toney.... Wat Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 8:02 PM
HYPEorDIE
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
ProteinOverdrive -
AlphaMaleJP - 
me101 -

Are you fucking crazy!? Do you know how big a polar bear is? Daley would not KO a polar bear with a steel baseball bat.
Jesus Christ. Phone Post
Nope, not even Jesus Christ!!! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 8:03 PM
upaloompa
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a huge fan of Rampage, but it's hard to deny how beautiful/picture perfect he throws it sometimes. Crisp, accurate, powerful and he doesn't leave himself open. I think on average Quinton still throws some of the most technically sound and powerful hooks in MMA.
12/22/13 8:04 PM
Team GDP
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Anyone fighting Keith Jardine." - Jordan Breen

12/22/13 8:04 PM
upaloompa
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also Mark Hunt doesn't just throw them hard, but throws them smart as well. Definitely one of the best.
12/22/13 8:08 PM
elperro
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 8:23 PM
upaloompa

Beatsrus - 
upaloompa - Not a huge fan of Rampage, but it's hard to deny how beautiful/picture perfect he throws it sometimes. Crisp, accurate, powerful and he doesn't leave himself open. I think on average Quinton still throws some of the most technically sound and powerful hooks in MMA.

I lleft Rampage out of my mentions, because hes only ever KOd one opponent with a left hook and that was a chinney smaller Wanderlie who had been coming off several recent KO losses

Also, Rampage is over rated on a technical level. He just covers up and fires off the left hook for no regard at all times...its always the same tuck and roll left hook counter

Theres a reason why hes only been able to catch an older Wanderlie with it

I could be wrong, but I thought he caught chuck with at as well...and beltran. Either way it's been a while and neither is a testament to his power.

I also think that while he gets a little predictable at times he's good at the limited things he does well. The Rampage that showed up against Glover for instance looked pretty sharp, and his body mechanics are usually on point even if he isn't the most creative. I think he throws it extremely "well" he's just not always the most intelligent striker in the way someone like Hunt is for instance.

Page has been declining technically for a while, his peak in my opinion being the Henderson fight. That being said his mechanics are pretty sharp...I think the problem with page's boxing is A. Mentally and B. That he uses it to the neglect of the rest of his game.
12/22/13 9:34 PM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Ray Robinson had one of the most vicious left hooks I've ever seen.

I haven't seen anyone mention Tyson yet either. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 9:39 PM
TheDarkPassenger

Fedoral Crime - Sugar Ray Robinson had one of the most vicious left hooks I've ever seen.

I haven't seen anyone mention Tyson yet either. Phone Post 3.0
In mma Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 10:49 PM
FistedByaMouse
433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawler counts for brutal lead right hooks from southpaw. Plus this gif demonstrating a hook to hook to hook to hook combo.

12/22/13 10:54 PM
FistedByaMouse
433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/22/13 10:59 PM
FistedByaMouse

12/23/13 12:01 AM
DREXp

Im gonna say Mark Hunt, tho thats mainly because im newzealand samoan, so im bias haha Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 12:21 AM
AlphaMaleJP
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinOverdrive -
AlphaMaleJP - 
me101 -

It's a hyperbole. Get a dictionary my friend :) Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 12:38 AM
jahYn808
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. No elbow behind that Guillard hook. Was it a ko shot?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.