UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Diaz will be back

12/23/13 11:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey appeared on FOX Sports Live with Charissa Thompson ahead of Saturday's title fight with Miesha Tate. Among the subjects covered was Rousey's friend Nick Diaz, who says he is retired.

When asked if she thought he would return to the cage, Rousey was unequivocal.

"Yeah, I think he will," she said, as transcribed by MMAFighting.

"Nick's been fighting for a really really long time. I've only been fighting for three years, I mean, he's been fighting I think for over a decade now. This sport puts a lot of miles on you very quickly. If he feels like he needs a rest and to take a break, you can't fight for anyone other than yourself. You can't fight sooner than you feel like you should. It really is a life and death situation out there and you have to do it when you feel it's right."

UFC president Dana White has been explicit that the reason the UFC started a women's division is Ronda Rousey. And now there are two, with a 115 pound strawweight division balancing the original 135 pound bantamweights.

"I love the 115 pound chicks that are coming in," said Rousey. "They're so talented. They're so charismatic. They're so cute. They're almost adorably trying to kill each other. It's like cute, yet scary. It just brings so many emotions out of you. I think the fans are really going to embrace it and I can't wait for there to be another women's champion. Now it's really been proven the UFC is moving past that 'experimental phase' for the girls. They're really investing and seeing people love it."

"Who's the best? I don't know, but I'm the biggest fan of Rose Namajunas. I love her. Just her personality and the way she fights. I'll be rooting for her I think to win it."

So what do you think UG? Is Nick Diaz coming back? And how adorable is it when 115 pound women try to kill each other?!

12/23/13 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I cleaned up CRE's CREAM
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 11:30 AM
TheEssence
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He better be Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 11:35 AM
StrikingMMA
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good grief. Enough with the constant stream of Rousey crap already.
12/23/13 11:45 AM
CarlClendenin

I bet she wishes she could take back a couple of those lines.

'Life and death' I think is an image the UFC was working away from.

And 115lb adorable women isn't exactly how I'd define the new women's division. Maybe she feels threatened in her small world, who knows. But it certainly isn't doing anything to legitimize women's MMA.
12/23/13 11:59 AM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/23/13 12:00 PM
CarlClendenin - I bet she wishes she could take back a couple of those lines.

And 115lb adorable women isn't exactly how I'd define the new women's division. Maybe she feels threatened in her small world, who knows. But it certainly isn't doing anything to legitimize women's MMA.

As a huge proponent of WMMA, "adorable killers" sums up a lot of elite 115ers nicely, and I don't see how she was trying to denigrate them (but I guess people will read into anything she says to try and draw a negative conclusion these days, even when they're grasping at straws). See: Jojo Calderwood, Bec Hyatt, Tecia Torres. How is Jojo anything less than adorable when she talks and anything less than terrifying when she knees people in the face?

12/23/13 12:03 PM
CarlClendenin

Edited: 12/23/13 12:03 PM
12/23/13 12:04 PM
CarlClendenin

Chromium - 
CarlClendenin - I bet she wishes she could take back a couple of those lines.

As a huge proponent of WMMA, "adorable killers" sums up a lot of elite 115ers nicely, and I don't see how she was trying to denigrate them (but I guess people will read into anything she says to try and draw a negative conclusion these days, even when they're grasping at straws). See: Jojo Calderwood, Bec Hyatt, Tecia Torres. How is Jojo anything less than adorable when she talks and anything less than terrifying when she knees people in the face?

I think it's closer to the sensationalized story lines than the 'elite athlete' on the spectrum.
12/23/13 12:06 PM
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dem cankles
12/23/13 12:10 PM
Floppy Divac
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait to see those adorbz little 115ers fight it out in a life and death battle!
12/23/13 12:33 PM
CarlClendenin

'If I fought the me that fought her last time, I'd kick the crap out of myself right now.'

Wut.
12/23/13 12:48 PM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CarlClendenin - 'If I fought the me that fought her last time, I'd kick the crap out of myself right now.'

Wut.

I guess she's saying she's improved since her last fight with Miesha.

12/23/13 1:14 PM
Vindell
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA - 

100% this. If something big happens fine but this site has to make a big story anytime she says anything at all.
12/23/13 1:16 PM
Kirik
1835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Joshua King - Do you know why not 125?

Because they already used them to fill out rouseyweight so ronda can keep starving herself to make weight and fight girls that cut 2 1/2 pounds. Phone Post 3.0

By having a 115 and 135 pound division, the UFC can get the 105s to mvoe up, the 145s to move down, and the 125s to move up or down. Creates a deeper talent pool.

12/23/13 1:20 PM
HandyDarsh
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA -
The fight will be over soon bro. Hang in there man, we've almost made it. Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 1:21 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

she say she only ever sparred 10 rounds before she fought Tate?
12/23/13 1:35 PM
HandyDarsh
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - she say she only ever sparred 10 rounds before she fought Tate?
P4p #10 Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 1:48 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes!! Nick's coming back Guys!!
12/23/13 2:02 PM
JJarvis_6

Awesome news WAR DIAZ Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 2:15 PM
CV666

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.