UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Are you broke or something??

12/24/13 12:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DLfromCanada
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed 100%

i used to buy all events, now i buy none
12/24/13 12:50 PM
Alco Hauler
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/13 1:03 PM
ProteinBake - You will pay $55 but $60 dollars is too expensive for you? Fucking retard.

Oh, so you will pay $60 but somehow $65 is going to break the bank? Asshole.

You were already paying $65, but you are telling me that $70 is too much? Get a better job, dick sucker.

Ok, faggot, you have been paying $70 but you mean to tell me that $75 is going to bankrupt you? It is just 5 dollars you cheap bastard.

$75 is what you paid for the last card, but you are going to take a stand at $80?? Jesus, no wonder you don't have enough friends to watch UFC with. Phone Post 3.0

Same argument has been going on since they moved it from $20 to $25.  They keep ticking it up a little at a time and eventually it becomes the new normal.

If you take a frog and throw it into a boiling pot of water, it jumps out unhurt.  If you put a frog in a pot of water at room temp then slowly increase the heat a little at a time, it will stay in the water until it dies - never noticing the increase in temperature.

Disclaimer - I have no idea if this is true, and no frogs were hurt in the writing of this post.

12/24/13 12:51 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX

lol great post
12/24/13 12:54 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a little beta bitch the OP is. Ya, it's only $5 bucks, let them take it from me. A real man says go fuck yourself when prices keep getting jacked up on him. The whole point is to resist price increases because if we merrily go along with it, where does it end? $150 pay per view in 2020, with wages staying roughly the same? You little dicked jackass!
12/24/13 12:54 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'll continue going up another $5 or $10 eventually with Dana going on to explain how "it's only $5" and so on. Well, Dana, hate to break it to you, but not all of us have billionaire friends and private jets. Thus proving more that it's never about "the fans" it's strictly business and all about the green. The shitty part is that there will be shit loads of people coming any minute now to back this decision and more to come. It amazes me how one guy can hook so many people in just cause he comes on and posts on this board. Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 1:02 PM
JayBRO

cheesesteak - What a little beta bitch the OP is. Ya, it's only $5 bucks, let them take it from me. A real man says go fuck yourself when prices keep getting jacked up on him. The whole point is to resist price increases because if we merrily go along with it, where does it end? $150 pay per view in 2020, with wages staying roughly the same? You little dicked jackass!
Not sure if serious... Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 1:23 PM
Rtchamp15
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - You will pay $55 but $60 dollars is too expensive for you? Fucking retard.

You were already paying $65, but you are telling me that $70 is too much? Get a better job, dick sucker.

Ok, faggot, you have been paying $70 but you mean to tell me that $75 is going to bankrupt you? It is just 5 dollars you cheap bastard.

$75 is what you paid for the last card, but you are going to take a stand at $80?? Jesus, no wonder you don't have enough friends to watch UFC with. Phone Post 3.0
VTFU. Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 1:33 PM
sockeye
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You pay $5 more and are still subjected to commercials on a damn payperview event!!! Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 1:43 PM
Poopyface TomatoNose

If you won't take out a second mortgage out on your house and rent your family out as sex slaves, then your aren't that big of a fan. Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:00 PM
sockeye
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$65 dollar payperviews and now $9.99 a month to watch prelims? Lol at the zuffa shills defending this stuff Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:05 PM
Porkchop

Edited: 12/24/13 2:05 PM
"OMG this one time $5 increase is a slippery slope to $100 fight cards!!!!" - OP
12/24/13 2:06 PM
RyannVonDoom

Porkchop - "OMG this one time $5 increase is a slippery slope to $100 fight cards!!!!" - OP
Ppvs used to be 30$ Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:08 PM
kyle223
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone message Porkchop. He is kindly volunteering to assist everyone in buying UFC 168. It's only 5 bucks.

I have never seen someone defend a business' decision to increase the price of their product like this guy. Incredible.
12/24/13 2:09 PM
BKViper
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoryuken Rw - Almost voted you down, thankfully I kept reading. Good shit. Phone Post 3.0
I too was thinking, "VTF.................U?!" Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:12 PM
Porkchop

RyannVonDoom - 
Porkchop - "OMG this one time $5 increase is a slippery slope to $100 fight cards!!!!" - OP
Ppvs used to be 30$ Phone Post 3.0

Fighters used to fight almost for free too. The UFC didn't used to take their show to the other side of the planet regularly either.

The product is better than it used to be, the operating costs of the business are higher than they used to be, and the UFC fighters have never made more money per fight on average in history.

The price has gone up for a number of very good reasons.
12/24/13 2:18 PM
absolutesperry
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The extra cash doesn't bother me but I don't think the card is worth hiking the price up?
It's nowhere near an old Shockwave card. Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:19 PM
tenchu
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, businesses should use OP's reasoning to substantiate whenever they raise prices. Lol
12/24/13 2:23 PM
ShaneMillerBJJ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Came in here expecting a bunch of people yelling VD's at OP and instead got a good chuckle, VU Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:27 PM
JROTT
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's Christmas ffs, the price should have dropped $5 this month Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:31 PM
Topsyjt
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wifi in middle east is very poor. Was wondering if anyone has a list of last few years worth of ppv cards.
Example:
2000 was 4 ppv = $120 ave $30
2001 was 6 ppv = $210 ave $40

Just out of interest really guys.
Nice post OP Phone Post 3.0
12/24/13 2:35 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The cards that they are producing now aren't worth the price they used to be. Fuck paying $5 more less quality on the ppv

12/24/13 2:36 PM
cg51mma

Lol Phone Post
12/24/13 2:49 PM
Carson's Corner Fan

ProteinBake - You will pay $55 but $60 dollars is too expensive for you? Fucking retard.

I ordered UFC one for 7.99, and quite frankly, that's when people fought to win, not for points, and was much more entertaining than most of the fights between cookie cutter mixed martial artists that make up the majority of the roster today. 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 bucks....whatever. I felt as a fan it was my duty to support the sport. And I did.

At each one of those point threshholds, I figured that was as high as it would go. But I kept paying - to support the sport. Finally, I said, this is it. I will pay no higher, and I stand by that.

Furthermore, DFW justifies the price hike because it's a good card on paper????? Are you fucking kidding me? Anyone who has followed the sport for any extended period of time knows god damn well that good on paper doesn't always equate to good on TV, and cards that look like crap on paper often produce some of the best fights and cards. It's just how MMA is, therefore it's an illogical reason for the price hike IMO.

The sport doesn't need my support as it now has legions of TapouT and Affliction queers and a bunch of hold overs from the WWE fanbase from the Brock era. I have people to feed, and have spent more money on gifts this year than I ever have before. So, just on general principle, I chose not to buy this card.
12/24/13 2:57 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread.

As mentioned above, the real problem is the shittiness of the cards lately.

12/24/13 3:12 PM
mcq
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU op Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.