UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg is coming for Rhonda

12/29/13 11:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thuglife13
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg...FUCK YEAH!

Please Cyborg, for all of us baby!

R.I.P. June Carter Rousey
12/29/13 11:55 PM
BertR
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
BertR - 
BertR - 
BertR - "Let me get this right, UFC medical team and Dolce are biased to the UFC but you don't think her own Dr is biased towards her?

Please clarify that.

UFC is not trying to avoid the fight, they will make it at 135 and Cyborg refuses to see UFC Drs, let Dolce help her or even attempt to make 135."

had to cut off that quote chain. Getting too long.

I never said that her doctor wasn't possibly biased in favour of her. I don't know her doctor. What i do know is if she's looking out for her own best medical interests, she will probably be more responsive with the advice of someone whom she knows and believes to be more empathetic to her long-term health interests in relation to the effects of a weight cut on her and her potential to bear children than the company she wants to hire herself out to and be exploited so they can maximize their profits and brand growth. Her doctor doesn't have the same pressures and has most likely a better personal relationship with her to offer her less-politicized medical advice.

The UFC making the cut limit at 135 instead of putting on a catch-weight at 145 says they and Ronda are avoiding the fight. 135 or bust is an artificial limit that Cyborg hasn't been medically cleared to fight at. If they want to avoid the fight by allowing a catchweight, that's unfortunate but at the same time please don't go around claiming Ronda is the best female mma fighter when you're avoiding a fight with cyborg.

This is all simple but it's being made convoluted because the UFC is putting their business and marketing interests once again over allowing the best fighters fight, and they're not only doing that but also marketing Ronda as the best female fighter on the planet despite blocking her from fighting someone who many feel is a better fighter.

"What i do know is if she's looking out for her own best medical interests"

If that was the case she wouldn't be doing roids.
She used it as a negotiating tactic to try to get the fight at her weight class before the BW WMMA division in the UFC was established. For enough money she will stop doing roids and go to 135.

--

"The UFC making the cut limit at 135 instead of putting on a catch-weight at 145"

It's not a catchweight if thats the normal weight Cyborg fights at, lol.

--

"Cyborg hasn't been medically cleared to fight at 135"

Didn't her camp even say it was possible at one point.
Also, she won't let any other Dr or Dietitian see her so it's pointless to say she isn't medically cleared. She actually is if she cut the weight but "her Dr" advised her against it.

"if that was the case she wouldn't be doing roids"

This is a fair point. At the same time, many people do contradictory things in terms of rational self-interest and steroids are "good" in terms of helping her fight instead of hindering it. At the same time, if a doctor was being sincere in there being harmful consequences from it while not being beneficial to her in terms of her fighting it wouldn't be wise for her to do it, including be drained from attempting it. While you point out that Cyborg has an advantage at 145 Ronda has an advantage facing a cut-depleted Cyborg.

The solution is to have it open weight where both fighters come in at whatever weight they're comfortable at. I don't think Zuffa would be too thrilled with that idea, but if they're sincere in their belief that Ronda is better than Cyborg instead of the perception of it, that would be a great opportunity to show it.

I think you are the only one on this thread who hasn't grasped the reality of the situation. She CAN make 135 and it's a negotiation ploy on her part saying she can't make it. She will keep winning outside of UFC and eventually move down to 135 for a huge pay day.

I understand your point but im operating under the assumption that Cyborg isn't lying or her doctor isn't lying about her not being cleared to make the weight cut due to health concerns including over her heart. You may think that that's fine, but that doesn't take away that this fight can be put in the works right now yet it isn't and the UFC is championing Ronda as the best when there is a fighter out there that is viewed to be better by many but isn't being brought in because they don't want to have a fight that's 10 pounds above Ronda's preferring weight class right now (even though she has fought at 145 before).

Couple things.

Screw the weight cut, we will never agree if she can make it or if it's healthy. You are the ONLY one that doesn't see it for what it is (negotiating tactic).

Let's focus on the potential fight.

Please explain why it makes sense for Zuffa.

They have the best 135lb WMMA fighter in the world so why do a catch weight fight with a girl who will not stay in the UFC. What possible reason is there to do this fight?

Also, quit saying she use to fight at 145. It's been addressed time and time again, she preferred not to do the weight cut at wasn't dieting properly. Now that she is on the correct diet, she is at 135. For you to even suggest they are remotely the same size is laughable.

It could be possible that i see that you see it to be a negotiating tactic, think that it's possible that it could be a negotiating tactic, yet think that's irrelevant since the fight can be put in motion right now and isn't because the UFC is setting conditions that are too unfavourable to Santos. I don't believe they are lying about the medical thing but i understand it's a possibility. Ideally, i would like them to fight open weight but the least let it happen at 145 instead of depleting Cyborg as much as possible before they go at it. Let both fighters be as comfortable before they fight.

As for making sense to Zuffa is secondary to the issue, but it's a question of the integrity of their product. As consumers, part of our responsibility for receiving good products is giving feedback on what is being presented. I value people not making claims about something while having the power to have it tested but refusing to do so. Zuffa is claiming Ronda is the best when there is another fighter out there that many think is better. Ronda could very well be the best but they are withholding the fight from taking place due to conditions that are unfavorable to Cyborg because of her being medically uncleared to fulfill them. it's an unnecessary condition since the premise is Ronda is better not Ronda is better at 135. If Ronda said im best at 135 and Cyborg said no im better at 135, i'd agree with you that 135 is where the fight should take place.

I only said Ronda fought at 145 once, but even if she didn't she and the UFC are marketing herself as the best in the world despite another wmma fighter out there that is highly regarded but fights at 145 primarily. If they wanted to do an open weight fight where Ronda came in at 135 and Cyborg came in at 145 or whatever she felt was comfortable, that'd be fine too.
12/30/13 12:03 AM
JerodR
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg wins by power NOT technique. Ronda's grappling and ground game are so far beyond Cyborg. A slimmed down Cyborg at 135lbs has little to no chance against Rousey and she knows it. A punchers chance is about it. It isn't about a weight cut, it is about not losing the one tool she has to win-power.

In terms of female PFP can you imagine Ronda with Cyborgs muscle mass? Cyborg would get destroyed. That is because Ronda has much better technique. Ronda PFP is better than Cyborg.

It amazes me that after all of these years people still get sucked in to the idea of the person with the biggest muscles wins. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 12:16 AM
Brandonbrazell

This argument is fucking pointless! This fight is never gonna happen for five reasons

1. Cyborg 5/9 170 cuts to make 145 never Gona be 135
2. Ufc has no 145 weightclass
3. Ronda super popular, most ronda fans never even heard of cyborg or strikeforce
4. a catchweight super lose lose for ufc because that wouldn't change the fact that they don't have 145 women
5. Dana is not stupid cyborg easily wins that fight, plus ronda is ufc champ and mma is a zuffa ran monarchy so yea
12/30/13 12:18 AM
TFK_HossPearson
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BertR -
JudoEd - How many people here really believe that given time and no 'roids, a 5'8" woman can't make 135 lbs? If Guyborg wants the belt, she will have to beat the champion at the champion's weight. I know they are not super healthy, but how much does an average 5'10" runway model weight? 110?

I would rather see Ronda fight Holly Holm. Phone Post 3.0

Being champion of 135 means nothing but that. This is about finding out who is the better fighter not who is the better fighter at 135. That's why ideally it'd be an open-weight fight where both come in as comfortable with their bodies before they fight.
Ya, unfortunately, there these things called athletic commissions and the idea of "open weight combat" doesn't really fit into their licensing process. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 12:19 AM
ThuggishRuggishBonez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg was champ at 145 before Ronda was a champion.
Ronda had two choices; 1- Fight a huge, roided out, male looking Cyborg for a belt...or 2- Fight a similar sized, natural looking female Tate.
She made the right choice as evident by her Strikeforce title, UFC title, and overall popularity.
Fact: If Cyborg really wants Rousey, she needs to get back into the UFC, and drop to 135. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 12:34 AM
Pablo Duke
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BertR -
MentaL - 

the ufc offered to pay for dolce to get cyborg to 135,they also offered her a zuffa contract with all the perks and also fight in invicta whilst they sort shit out.. Tito declined it.

Thats, right.. they offered her a UFC contract whilst fighting outside of the UFC, amazing and imagine turning that down especially with insurance. Tito is dumb, fair play.

you're leaving out under doctor's advice that it'd be too dangerous for her to cut to 135.

There is nothing special about being 135 pounds. Ronda needs to fight a catchweight with Cyborg or she will rightly be followed with thoughts of her ducking that fight. It's absurd that 20 pounds is going to block a fight between the supposed two most dominant female fighters alive
Just like everyone thinks less of GSP because he ducked Silva by not gaining weight to fight a different division..?

Gheeey Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 12:36 AM
Brandonbrazell

JerodR - Cyborg wins by power NOT technique. Ronda's grappling and ground game are so far beyond Cyborg. A slimmed down Cyborg at 135lbs has little to no chance against Rousey and she knows it. A punchers chance is about it. It isn't about a weight cut, it is about not losing the one tool she has to win-power.

In terms of female PFP can you imagine Ronda with Cyborgs muscle mass? Cyborg would get destroyed. That is because Ronda has much better technique. Ronda PFP is better than Cyborg.

It amazes me that after all of these years people still get sucked in to the idea of the person with the biggest muscles wins. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry try again, you wanna talk technique ronda striking fucking sucks and she not that good at defending takedowns her self, when she faught carmouche she never was able to throw her you realy think she can come and get cyborg down? I love ronda but cyborg throws are better judo or no judo. And I love how you tryna talk technique but inply cyborg ground technique sucks or something?
You people opinion are bias and not realistic at all.
12/30/13 12:38 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pablo Duke - 
BertR -
MentaL - 

the ufc offered to pay for dolce to get cyborg to 135,they also offered her a zuffa contract with all the perks and also fight in invicta whilst they sort shit out.. Tito declined it.

Thats, right.. they offered her a UFC contract whilst fighting outside of the UFC, amazing and imagine turning that down especially with insurance. Tito is dumb, fair play.

you're leaving out under doctor's advice that it'd be too dangerous for her to cut to 135.

There is nothing special about being 135 pounds. Ronda needs to fight a catchweight with Cyborg or she will rightly be followed with thoughts of her ducking that fight. It's absurd that 20 pounds is going to block a fight between the supposed two most dominant female fighters alive
Just like everyone thinks less of GSP because he ducked Silva by not gaining weight to fight a different division..?

Gheeey Phone Post 3.0

Except Rousey started out at 145 and ran to 135 when the pressure was on to fight Cyborg.
12/30/13 12:48 AM
Fudge Cake
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Cyborg camp took that medical advice about a FAST weight-cut being unsafe and ran with it. I think they conveniently avoided the aspect that Cyborg could SLOWLY lose her muscle mass to safely drop weight. Basically anyone that has added muscle mass can also lose that muscle mass. It's not like she was skin and bones.

Cyborg does not want to lose her size and strength advantage. Perhaps if she did, Gina would not have been overwhelmed at the end and Ronda would be able to walk through her punches to clinch and throw.

This isn't about being on steroids either. Ronda could be on something, and Miesha's bf was accused of selling steroids by Michelle Ould...
12/30/13 1:05 AM
Brandonbrazell

Fudge Cake - The Cyborg camp took that medical advice about a FAST weight-cut being unsafe and ran with it. I think they conveniently avoided the aspect that Cyborg could SLOWLY lose her muscle mass to safely drop weight. Basically anyone that has added muscle mass can also lose that muscle mass. It's not like she was skin and bones.

Cyborg does not want to lose her size and strength advantage. Perhaps if she did, Gina would not have been overwhelmed at the end and Ronda would be able to walk through her punches to clinch and throw.

This isn't about being on steroids either. Ronda could be on something, and Miesha's bf was accused of selling steroids by Michelle Ould...

Realy she don't want to lose mucle mass and a strength advantage? Lol your a joke have you ever seen cyborg fight or train or who she trains with, you realy think cyborg gives a fuck about who stronger or bigger lol. Man what's with these fucking conspiracy theories!

Gina carano fucking sucked she was a half ass brawler who ran into someone with better striking, end of story end of her career.
12/30/13 1:11 AM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandonbrazell -
JerodR - Cyborg wins by power NOT technique. Ronda's grappling and ground game are so far beyond Cyborg. A slimmed down Cyborg at 135lbs has little to no chance against Rousey and she knows it. A punchers chance is about it. It isn't about a weight cut, it is about not losing the one tool she has to win-power.

Sorry try again, you wanna talk technique ronda striking fucking sucks and she not that good at defending takedowns her self, when she faught carmouche she never was able to throw her you realy think she can come and get cyborg down? I love ronda but cyborg throws are better judo or no judo. And I love how you tryna talk technique but inply cyborg ground technique sucks or something?
Everything u said was discredited at "cyborgs throws are better judo or no judo"

What the fuck are you smoking?

Ronda is an Olympic judo medalist. There needs to be an intelligence test given before people are allowed to post. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 1:17 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL -

I'm coming too!

HAHAHA Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 1:28 AM
JerodR
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandonbrazell -

Cyborg showed so much skill when Gima took her down multiple times, mounted her, and even had a sub. You don't think Rousey could take her down? Talk about delusional.

Straight up boxing obviously Cyborg beats Rousey. However grappling and ground Rousey outclasses Cyborg. Every fight Cyborg clinches with her opponents and she can't so that with Ronda. Sorry but it is what it is.

Cyborg is the one that got popped.
Cyborg is the one that can't make weight.
Cyborg is the one that asked to be let out of her UFC contract.
Cyborg knows exactly where to find Ronda but she is the one avoiding it because she insists on having the muscle of a man rather than trim down a bit to prove she can beat Ronda.

Maybe Cyborg wins and maybe she doesn't. The fact if Cyborg wants to make a challenge then she knows how to do it. That sure as hell isn't going up a weight class and continuing to bull up. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 1:29 AM
JerodR

Brandonbrazell -
Fudge Cake - The Cyborg camp took that medical advice about a FAST weight-cut being unsafe and ran with it. I think they conveniently avoided the aspect that Cyborg could SLOWLY lose her muscle mass to safely drop weight. Basically anyone that has added muscle mass can also lose that muscle mass. It's not like she was skin and bones.

Realy she don't want to lose mucle mass and a strength advantage? Lol your a joke have you ever seen cyborg fight or train or who she trains with, you realy think cyborg gives a fuck about who stronger or bigger lol. Man what's with these fucking conspiracy theories!

Gina carano fucking sucked she was a half ass brawler who ran into someone with better striking, end of story end of her career.
She sucked so bad that she took Cyborg down multiple times have up a full mount and got out in a sub. Tell me more. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 1:40 AM
FrankenBeans
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes please Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 1:40 AM
Brandonbrazell

cross3dout - 
Brandonbrazell -

Everything u said was discredited at "cyborgs throws are better judo or no judo"

What the fuck are you smoking?

Ronda is an Olympic judo medalist. There needs to be an intelligence test given before people are allowed to post. Phone Post 3.0

Ronda is a judo bronze medalist, but this is mma not judo, I go by what I see but I will admit that's my personal opinion, but by your logic Fitch shoulda been a take down machine against gsp because he's a AA wrestler and gsp has no wrestling background but that didn't happen did it? Ronda has a good armbar but like I said I don't think her throws are any better than cyborgs judo medalist or not.
12/30/13 1:46 AM
Brandonbrazell

JerodR - 
Brandonbrazell -

She sucked so bad that she took Cyborg down multiple times have up a full mount and got out in a sub. Tell me more. Phone Post 3.0

What fucking fight was you watching? Took her down multiple times? The fight went to the ground like once and cyborg was the one who tried to throw Gina and got reversed and mounted for like 30 seconds. So tell me more about Gina mma career.
12/30/13 1:55 AM
Brandonbrazell

JerodR - 
Brandonbrazell -

Cyborg showed so much skill when Gima took her down multiple times, mounted her, and even had a sub. You don't think Rousey could take her down? Talk about delusional.

Straight up boxing obviously Cyborg beats Rousey. However grappling and ground Rousey outclasses Cyborg. Every fight Cyborg clinches with her opponents and she can't so that with Ronda. Sorry but it is what it is.

Cyborg is the one that got popped.
Cyborg is the one that can't make weight.
Cyborg is the one that asked to be let out of her UFC contract.
Cyborg knows exactly where to find Ronda but she is the one avoiding it because she insists on having the muscle of a man rather than trim down a bit to prove she can beat Ronda.

Maybe Cyborg wins and maybe she doesn't. The fact if Cyborg wants to make a challenge then she knows how to do it. That sure as hell isn't going up a weight class and continuing to bull up. Phone Post 3.0

So tell me how them great judo throws work agains carmouche? Oh weight the didn't work at all, look I'm not tryna bash ya girl playboy but ronda not all that and I never said that they should even fight each other there in different weightclasses and one weightclasses is not in the ufc.
12/30/13 1:56 AM
Brandonbrazell

Fucking phone!
12/30/13 2:12 AM
JerodR

Brandonbrazell -
JerodR - 
Brandonbrazell -

What fucking fight was you watching? Took her down multiple times? The fight went to the ground like once and cyborg was the one who tried to throw Gina and got reversed and mounted for like 30 seconds. So tell me more about Gina mma career.
Just watched it again and It went to the ground twice. Both times Gina ended up on top. I just can't believe that someone who has won just about everything in Judo including an Olympic medal could not take Cyborg to the ground.

Agree to disagree I guess. I still say win or lose Cyborg goes for a ride. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 2:13 AM
JerodR

Brandonbrazell - Fucking phone!
Finally something we agree on! lol Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 3:14 AM
Jay-dog

She barely out grappled Gina. She had a puncher's chance but I'm now more sure of Ronda's ability to take a punch so Cyborg has no chance.
12/31/13 2:03 AM
BertR

How could Cyborg be scared when it's Ronda and Dana who are the ones trying to get her to cut down to unhealthy levels? If Ronda wanted this fight tomorrow all she'd have to do is tell Dana she wants it @ 145 and put her foot down but she doesn't.

That's why many consider Cyborg to be the true wmma "p4p" champion until Ronda beats her but it seems the UFC and Ronda don't want to take that chance.
1/1/14 10:54 PM
Pablo Duke
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calebcb -
Pablo Duke - 
BertR -
MentaL - 

Gheeey Phone Post 3.0

Except Rousey started out at 145 and ran to 135 when the pressure was on to fight Cyborg.
A fair point.

But cyroid had the chance to fight Ronda and effed it up in every way possible.

Personally I'd love to see the fight happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

I also think it's pretty weak to call out a champ but then expect them to come to you.
You want a UFC belt, they don't have one at 145. You want to fight Rousey, then you have to be in the UFC at 135...
There could be an element of getting away from fighting guyborg, but who wouldn't leave Strikeforce for the UFC when they are willing to essentially create a division for you? More money, more exposure, better future.
Nah.. I'd rather stay with a JV promotion so I can fight against the only decent fighter they have who happens to be juiced to the gills... If you want to call that ducking, feel free Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.