UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 168 Gracie Breakdown - Rousey Takes Arms

12/31/13 1:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^
12/31/13 1:56 PM
Willin
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJWFgo_jD4

12/31/13 1:56 PM
Willin

I haven't watched yet but one of the top comments criticizes this breakdown as follows:

They wasted way to much time talking about Rousey not shaking Tates hand. They should have just given their opinions and moved on. I didn't come here for a full analysis of the love hate relationship between Rousey and Tate. Still their breakdown of their fight was fantastic as usual, when they finally got to it."

12/31/13 2:55 PM
JudoknowNothing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad this thread and video will be grossly overlooked. Such a vast wealth of knowledge and logic.

Their explanation of judgement is spot on.
TeamLogic

The breakdown of both submissions is facinsting Phone Post 3.0
12/31/13 2:56 PM
PrettyBoy
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well they were taking some heat for defending Rousey on twitter right after the no shake. Ryron tweeted dont boo in the arena then ask for an autograph in the lobby...which came off kind of douche IMO after such a blatent display of lack of sportmanship.

Their defense is kind of shallow. There was no budo in her action there really is no justification. The fact that they are martial artist and run an anti bullying program I would distance myself from the action if I were them.

I'm not saying not to be freinds with Ronda or not like her as a person, but defending the action and acting like people are wrong for rejecting that behavior is the wrong move imo.

12/31/13 3:09 PM
jdindiana
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"dont boo in the arena then ask for an autograph in the lobby"

He's right

12/31/13 3:15 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I love the Gracie breakdowns and all Gracie members and I'm not a Ronda hater I like watching her fight and understand often times in this sport you have people with tougher/different attitudes.....

But that was an apologist if I ever saw one. I don't think it's that big a deal what happened, but yes, definitely too much time talking about something that didn't happen(handshake).

They should've seen my thread "worst sportsmanship" and reference Miesha's face mush and handshake refusal to Cat to put things into perspective.

12/31/13 3:18 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did they mention Miller's armbar should have been sub of the night?

His opponent was a Royler BB, 2nd or 3rd degree. Miesha only has her BB in body karate.

Their breakdowns are awesome though. Phone Post 3.0
12/31/13 3:21 PM
JudoknowNothing

MieshaTatesSideBoob - Did they mention Miller's armbar should have been sub of the night?

His opponent was a Royler BB, 2nd or 3rd degree. Miesha only has her BB in body karate.

Yes they talked about it at the very beginning but defended why Ronda's was awarded SOTN Phone Post 3.0
12/31/13 3:47 PM
blueberrycoconutmilk
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHOA! I had been looking out for this. VU tomorrow!
Great breakdown of the Miller armbar! Great discussion on Miesha's triangle and Ronda not slamming her!
Their discussion of the non-handshake and why they thought Ronda got the SOTN was interesting too. Since the non-handshake got so much attention, I think the time "wasted" on the non-handshake was necessary. Great to hear their insight and perspective.
Love this kind of analysis.
I'm in the middle of Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour's Year-End show... good stuff too. Great interview with McMann at the beginning.
12/31/13 3:56 PM
JudoknowNothing

Btw - the YouTube comments are actually pretty tame for once.

Open Phone Post 3.0
12/31/13 4:25 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their explanation for Miller not getting the sub I thought was up there with how they were talking about the no handshake.

They basically tried to say that Miller's submission was lucky, or that it was because of the "freak coincidence" of the timing.

Seemed like a cop out.

Regardless, I like Ronda, I like Miesha, Love the Gracies, and I know if they were my friends they would have my back. And I know if one of their friends did some bullshit to me, they would try to justify it. It's all good lol

12/31/13 7:21 PM
blueberrycoconutmilk
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa that's not all what they might have said.

What about the being relaxed part and then while Camoes tried to use his hand bracing his extended arm to push off Miller's leg and pull out, Miller extended the hips and then there was no return? Camoes tries to resupport the extended arm, but the Miller's now stretched out hips prevented that.
And before that, the explanation of the gogoplata and the surprising, unusual transition into the armbar?

Yeesh, were we even watching the same thing?!
12/31/13 7:43 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Oops,l I meant that was their explanation of Jim Miller not getting the Sub Of the Night.

12/31/13 7:50 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love watching these breakdowns. Their explanation of the Jim Miller sub was fantastic Phone Post 3.0
12/31/13 7:54 PM
BuddyRevell
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/13 7:54 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob - Did they mention Miller's armbar should have been sub of the night?

VTFU for Miesha having a BLACK BELT IN BODY-KARATE!!

12/31/13 9:22 PM
rockafella

So awesome. I would give anything to have them on the JRE. I could listen to Rener talk all day.
1/1/14 12:31 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

blueberrycoconutmilk - Whoa that's not all what they might have said.

What about the being relaxed part and then while Camoes tried to use his hand bracing his extended arm to push off Miller's leg and pull out, Miller extended the hips and then there was no return? Camoes tries to resupport the extended arm, but the Miller's now stretched out hips prevented that.
And before that, the explanation of the gogoplata and the surprising, unusual transition into the armbar?

Yeesh, were we even watching the same thing?!

lol, yeah what were you watching?
they described it perfectly, you think they don't re-watch stuff to make sure they're correct?
1/1/14 12:59 AM
Rocky Dennis

Their critique of not judging would be brilliant.....if their critique in itself was not a judgement. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:20 AM
Willin

TTT Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:35 AM
outtrigger

Finally a break down video with less than 5 mention of "Dude!!"
1/1/14 5:36 AM
NFABeeJay
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jdindiana -

"dont boo in the arena then ask for an autograph in the lobby"

He's right

That 100% Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 6:03 AM
HighRevolution
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - Well they were taking some heat for defending Rousey on twitter right after the no shake. Ryron tweeted dont boo in the arena then ask for an autograph in the lobby...which came off kind of douche IMO after such a blatent display of lack of sportmanship.

Their defense is kind of shallow. There was no budo in her action there really is no justification. The fact that they are martial artist and run an anti bullying program I would distance myself from the action if I were them.

I'm not saying not to be freinds with Ronda or not like her as a person, but defending the action and acting like people are wrong for rejecting that behavior is the wrong move imo.

Just for a different view, I found their thoughts on the matter to be very deep.

I've been in that very same situation myself at work. A coworker said something to myself and others that I thought had crossed the line. There was an argument and we didn't speak to each other for months. Later, he attempted to shake my hand as if nothing had happened. I refused and told him why. In my mind, if I shook his hand, it would be condoning his behaviour and saying it's ok to disrespect and hurt people I care about. I wanted to send a message. Months later, his demeanour changed and I forgave him. I had evolved and became more open.

If you've never been through this yourself, I can see how you might judge Ronda harshly. At first, I was upset by all the people who acted superior to Ronda without walking in her shoes. But, now, after seeing the breakdown video, I realize that I haven't experienced what you've been through in order to come to your conclusions. Therefore, I respect your opinion and I'm open to it, even if I disagree.

Thanks and Happy New Year! Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 9:37 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think she should have shook her hand but just a slap... and left it at that.

Ronda is someone who holds a grudge.

She would be better to learn to let stuff go, when you hold hate in your heart its a negative way to think and that brings negativity to your life... if you hate some one you can still hold that view of them but just don't think about them EVER.... then they have zero power over you.
1/1/14 10:19 AM
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRUTH BE OPEN MY FRIEND!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.