UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cung Le wants Bisping or Wand in 2014

1/3/14 9:45 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The three most common bases for MMA are wrestling, Muay Thai, and BJJ. Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le has thrilled fans with his San Shou based style, and although he turns 42 this year, he has three fights left on his UFC contract, and he intends to do them all.

Lee did not fight at all in 2013, but served as an advisor on “The Ultimate Fighter: China” which shot last year, and is airing now in China.

"I plan to be back this year – 2014, baby,” said Le to MMAJunkie in Singapore. “I’m going to come back and throw my spinning wheel kicks and spinning back kicks and get them throws back on the map again. So don’t worry. I’ll be back.

“I take one fight at a time, but I have three fights left on my contract, and I plan to get all those fights done.”

“Before I got to be part of ‘The Ultimate Fighter: China,’ we were in talks to fight Michael Bisping, and Dana flew me out and said, ‘Hey, I need you to be the mentor-coach and be me in China for the show.' That was a great opportunity, so I was able to wear several hats on the show. Hopefully after this media tour, I’m going to get back into the gym and train like a fighter and see where I’m at.

“I would love to fight Michael Bisping. One, he loves to fight. He comes to fight, and I come to fight, and I think that would just be a great fight for the fans. I’m open, but that will be top on the list.”

The list also includes a rematch.

“I want a rematch against Wanderlei, definitely,” Le said.

Read entire article...

1/3/14 9:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
toddiejasl
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is probably the most called out fighter in MMA...
1/3/14 9:52 AM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both Wanderlei and Le are riding high after fairly unexpected wins against Stann and Franklin respectively. Would love to see a rematch.
1/3/14 10:09 AM
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping vs Le would be fun.
1/3/14 10:10 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Cannons - Not sure why he'd want to get wrecked by Wand again. He first reconstructive surgery wasn't enough?

*Does Wanderlei clasped hand roll* Phone Post 3.0
Will VU when I get to a chance! Phone Post
1/3/14 10:12 AM
HefX
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - Le is perhaps the 2nd most un-athletic fighter on the UFC roster. That win against Franklin does not truly reflect Le's standing in the UFC.

Bisping would happily give Le a reality check IMO. Phone Post
What exactly do you base that on? I'm interested in hearing your criteria for judging a fighter's athleticism. Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 10:15 AM
BrokeFitch

Jesus Cannons - Not sure why he'd want to get wrecked by Wand again. He first reconstructive surgery wasn't enough?

*Does Wanderlei clasped hand roll* Phone Post 3.0
exactly!

war wand!!! Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 10:17 AM
Dogman

HefX - 
RobinHood - Le is perhaps the 2nd most un-athletic fighter on the UFC roster. That win against Franklin does not truly reflect Le's standing in the UFC.

What exactly do you base that on? I'm interested in hearing your criteria for judging a fighter's athleticism. Phone Post 3.0

I thought about asking this, but didn't really want to hear the idiotic answer.
1/3/14 11:29 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got destroyed by Wand, no need for a rematch there. Bisping or Rockhold would be interesting for sure.
1/3/14 11:32 AM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reason he isnt top 10 is he is way too inactive He fights once every 3 years hes irrelevant
1/3/14 11:39 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson comes back for one last fight I wouldn't mind seeing him face Cung Le Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 12:44 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdmiralCackbar -
Big Pookie - 
He got destroyed by Wand, no need for a rematch there. Bisping or Rockhold would be interesting for sure.

It was actually a very competitive fight. Cung has Wanderlei rocked a few times.
Cung owned him until he gassed. Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 12:50 PM
GelderdEnd

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
AdmiralCackbar -
Big Pookie - 

It was actually a very competitive fight. Cung has Wanderlei rocked a few times.
Cung owned him until he gassed. Phone Post 3.0
This....never understood the "Wand wrecked him" train, it was a close fight until Le gassed Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 1:09 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Unathletic?!? Good to see you have no idea what you're talking about. Phone Post
1/3/14 1:49 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Hahaha. Wut? Phone Post
1/3/14 2:19 PM
TapanoriGomi
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung would beat Wand in a rematch if he actually came in conditioned and used more kicks/distance as Rich did. It's a shame he lost the first fight. He shouldn't have lost stylistically. If you lose to Wanderlei nowadays chances are you purposefully played into his archaic gameplan, or just aren't very good.

A conditioned Cung might beat Bisping, but if not, decision win for Mike via some form of stalling. Le needs fun fights, the UFC should take advantage of his style while he's still here.

Swick/Shogun/Larkin are a few thoughts.
1/3/14 3:06 PM
grizzlyedwin
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

toddiejasl - Bisping is probably the most called out fighter in MMA...

Probably because he's beatable and recognizable.

Cung vs. Wand II is a fight I can't say I'm personally interested in seeing again although their fight was fun.
1/3/14 3:16 PM
EckY
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapanoriGomi - Cung would beat Wand in a rematch if he actually came in conditioned and used more kicks/distance as Rich did. It's a shame he lost the first fight. He shouldn't have lost stylistically. If you lose to Wanderlei nowadays chances are you purposefully played into his archaic gameplan, or just aren't very good.

A conditioned Cung might beat Bisping, but if not, decision win for Mike via some form of stalling. Le needs fun fights, the UFC should take advantage of his style while he's still here.

Swick/Shogun/Larkin are a few thoughts.

Wanderlei would beat Cung the majority of the time.

Cung has never had good conditioning and the reason he gasses is because of the crazy kicks and spinning attacks he uses, if he were to employ even more kicks against Wand than he did the first fight, he would gas even quicker and get put away faster.
1/3/14 4:13 PM
liukangstoupee
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson Does come back, a fight with Cung Le needs to be made.

The two most creative strikers in the sport needs to get it on.
1/3/14 4:26 PM
Heikki Mustola
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't matter against who, I just want to see him fight until its too late, he will (and has imo) start to slow down, I think it should be wise for him to fight his last fights as soon as possible

Love his style of fighting, very entertaining and fun to watch. Hopefully he wins his next fight!
1/3/14 5:20 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

AdmiralCackbar -
Big Pookie - 

^this. Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 5:30 PM
Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

photo w4_zps9ee4ba0f.gif
1/3/14 5:30 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who is he to make demands ? the guy fights once every 2 years at best
1/3/14 5:36 PM
Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - 
AdmiralCackbar -
Big Pookie - 

^this. Phone Post 3.0

photo Cung20Le20Spinning20Back20Fist20Wanderlei20Silva20UFC20139_zps5c86f3f5.gif
1/3/14 10:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Winston Wolf - who is he to make demands ? the guy fights once every 2 years at best
What did he demand? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.