UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guy that quit TUF to go home to his girlfriend

1/4/14 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koreanflash - What about the guy Joe from TUF who was in Matt Serra's wedding party? Did they ever make up?
This. Anyone?? Phone Post 3.0
1/4/14 10:21 PM
CrazyMikeMMA
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami -
420_4lyfe - Why the fuck did he join TUF in the first place?

Probably because he thought he could physically and emotionally put fighting above everything.

Then he found out he couldnt.

Contrary to what Dana and his fanboys believe, he doesnt deserve a firing squad for it!!!!

VU Phone Post 3.0
1/4/14 10:23 PM
46and2degrees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I seen him years back at a MMA show up in Springfield, Il. It was about a year after the show ended and a ton of people at the show were giving him shit, he did not look happy. Phone Post 3.0
1/4/14 10:50 PM
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

huggy bear - 
420_4lyfe -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -
420_4lyfe -
WhoShotYushinOkami -

Probably because he thought he could physically and emotionally put fighting above everything.

Contrary to what Dana and his fanboys believe, he doesnt deserve a firing squad for it!!!!

Nice way to rob the opportunity of being on TUF off someone who actually knows what he wants. Phone Post 3.0
The guy who "knows what he wants" should be mad he couldn't fight as well as a guy who could take it or leave it.

Don't be mad at the guy who got there and quit.

Be mad at yourself for being so driven yet just not as talented as those "quitters". Phone Post 3.0
Who says the best fighters to audition get into TUF? The fact that both brownings and let me bang and countless others made it into tuf shows that fighting skill is one.of the last things they look for Phone Post 3.0
I've read a lot of guys don't get picked cause they had a bad interview with fox or spike at the time(weren't considered interesting). That's why I can't get into tuff cause majority of the guys in the house are average fighters that wanna get drunk and bang bro. If the UFC would cut the drama bs and show the training each team does every episode then a fight at the end is watch it again immediately. Phone Post 3.0

Funny you say that. One of my friends auditioned for a season about 4 years ago, and he literally didn't get on the show because he didn't interview well. Didn't realize it was such a common practice.
1/4/14 11:55 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

Why on earth did he get the phone call from his girlfriend in the first place??

He was not supposed to have any contact with the outside world yet they came to him with the news that she wanted to talk. They manufactured the drama on purpose. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 4:58 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

420_4lyfe -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -
420_4lyfe -
WhoShotYushinOkami -

Nice way to rob the opportunity of being on TUF off someone who actually knows what he wants. Phone Post 3.0
The guy who "knows what he wants" should be mad he couldn't fight as well as a guy who could take it or leave it.

Don't be mad at the guy who got there and quit.

Be mad at yourself for being so driven yet just not as talented as those "quitters". Phone Post 3.0
Who says the best fighters to audition get into TUF? The fact that both brownings and let me bang and countless others made it into tuf shows that fighting skill is one.of the last things they look for Phone Post 3.0
That REALLY means the guy who wants it more should be even more mad he couldn't hack it.

Again.

If you hate the guy who "quit", the guy who couldn't make it should be mad his dedication wasn't enough to beat a guy who decided it wasn't for him.

Inhofer won his fight.

Junie Browning won his fight to get in the house.

Yes , to even get the shot requires you to be telegenic in some cases.

But these guys on about "you robbed the opportunity from a guy who really wanted it" are wrong.

If you wanted it so bad, you should win your fight to get into the TUF house today. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 5:56 AM
Jambo888
537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wondered if he found out the guys in the house were a level up (or more) in terms of skills/experience/ability? the backgrounds were pretty diverse on TUF sometimes - guys with real amateur records and guys with zero fights (like the guy mac danzig hated for a while). fighting when you know you're not on another guys level is stressful enough without being in a house of strangers with no contact to your regular training partners and support. some guys (pros) can fight regardless and try to work a gameplan which is a definite separation between the real fighters and regular joes. in that house there would be no way to put the reality out of your mind.

1/5/14 6:27 AM
Blazing Knees

You're all wrong

He left because he didn't trust her-not out of undying passion, He was so worried about her cheating on him that he became obssessed and left the show/

So it was out of jealousy and insecurity that he left, not some noble reason

1/5/14 6:44 AM
Acecool72

Yeah if I realized I had no shot at winning at all I might use that as an excuse but if I thought I could win that big contract I'd hope my girlfriend would understand what an opportunity this was to better my life and her life as well Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 6:48 AM
Acecool72

If he couldn't trust her than how can he trust her now I mean does he never leave here alone lol Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 6:52 AM
Jambo888
537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acecool72 - Yeah if I realized I had no shot at winning at all I might use that as an excuse but if I thought I could win that big contract I'd hope my girlfriend would understand what an opportunity this was to better my life and her life as well Phone Post 3.0

or realized you could get seriously fucked up? like Cella when he caught the wicked reverse heel kick from Hall... guy had balls to be in the cage but was overmatched

1/5/14 10:01 AM
jefft73
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im almost positive I saw him fight live in the Twin Cities. I think it was even before TUF was a show. Or maybe not...either way I know he had a big section of fans from ND or wherever he was from. They had shirts with his name on it so he must have fought. I don't know what that has to do with anything. Man I contribute nothing.

Oh and for the screening process, my friend Pat Schilling made it to the last interview I think. I was surprised he didn't make it as he's a pretty funny and charismatic dude. Anyway, he made it to the UFC as a last minute replacement, lost to Pineda, then got a fight against Max Holloway. Unfortunately seperated his shoulder in rd 1 but did make it to a decision. He's decided to quit fighting since he has a pretty good job and lately has been coaching high school wrestling. He seems very at peace these days. Sorry for the long rambling post but I thought I could at least give an update on another UFC vet that some may be wondering about. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 10:26 AM
DEZBOT

Ryan Black - Damn, that's some wild stuff... glad to hear that they got married in the end- because that is the definition of loyalty, in my opinion. I don't think I'd be willing to be able to leave the opportunities that TUF brings, and I don't think it would bother my girlfriend one bit. She enjoys the show, and understands it's premise. She'd be ecstatic if I were given that opportunity.

I hope that the woman he left MMA for will have the same level of loyalty. Phone Post 3.0
They never do, loyalty is a one way streak, if ur bad to them and keep them hanging they will be interested and loyal, if you show loyalty and the ability to commit ur to easy and the challenge is gone, most 'players' are ex nice guys who had their heart broke, chicks are fucked! Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 10:28 AM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst part is that he was talented as fuck too. Could have won the entire TUF imo.
1/5/14 10:42 AM
DEZBOT

Jambo888 -
Acecool72 - Yeah if I realized I had no shot at winning at all I might use that as an excuse but if I thought I could win that big contract I'd hope my girlfriend would understand what an opportunity this was to better my life and her life as well Phone Post 3.0

or realized you could get seriously fucked up? like Cella when he caught the wicked reverse heel kick from Hall... guy had balls to be in the cage but was overmatched

Exactly Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 11:01 AM
Matt Perry

Allen Hood - What's a pussy Phone Post 3.0
It's also known as a vagina. The word "pussy" is slang. It's a very bad word that you should not use in polite company. A vagina is the female reproductive organ. Unlike the penis, the vagina is is an internal sex organ. Although most of the vagina is internal, there are parts of it that are external including the clitoris and the inner and outer labia. I really hope that this helped you understand. If you have any more questions, feel free to message me. Take care. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 11:56 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnTheO - I imagine a lot more would quit if not for the embarrassment/shame. They start training with some of the others and find out that their talent isn't quite on par - who wants to be humiliated in a fight on national tv while all your friends and family watch? I imagine that was this guy regardless of what he said on the show.

He armbarred the shit out of Jesse Forbes. Just no man. No.
1/5/14 12:06 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

KirikMyName! - To some people, there's more to life than MMA.
What? Is there such a thing? Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 1:01 PM
Atomic
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 1:24 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/5/14 2:03 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not one mention of Jeremy Stephens? "The Scorpion"

That fool got kicked off TUF for sneaking out to fuck some chick.

Now he is a convicted Rapist and in Prison getting his guard passed frequently....
1/5/14 2:04 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He went 2-1 against Nick Diaz and the first person to finish him. Won the first, lost the next 2.
1/5/14 2:32 PM
HexRei

It wasn't a loyalty issue. IIRC he somehow got wind that she was seeing someone else so he rushed home tomake sure she wasn't. Obviously the issue wasn't that big a deal since they're doing just fine... wasted opportunity.
1/5/14 2:43 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGK4Life - Not one mention of Jeremy Stephens? "The Scorpion"

Now he is a convicted Rapist and in Prison getting his guard passed frequently....

That was Jeremy Jackson NOT Jeremy Stephens.
1/5/14 2:55 PM
UGK4Life

UGCTT_5 for fighting - 
UGK4Life - Not one mention of Jeremy Stephens? "The Scorpion"

That was Jeremy Jackson NOT Jeremy Stephens.

Good Catch. I just fucked his name up. VU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.