UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor versus Anderson: Who is the GOAT?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/7/14 8:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ufc98newb
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captfireeyes - 
ufc98newb -
Captfireeyes - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "You're not always right despite how often you think you are and you've been proven wrong in a lot of those discussions."

You are correct, I'm not always right. However in most threads, including this one, I am NOT proven wrong because no one even tries to. They just piss and moan about how mean I am to poor old Fedor.
I believe in the invisible flying spaghetti monster... No one has proven me wrong yet either! Therefore I must be right! Phone Post 3.0

Actually, that is more in line with the kind of arguments that D241 makes when he says shit like "i believe Igor Vovchanchyn is a higher GOAT than ANderson because he had to fight all of these huge beasts in tournaments, many in same night and had infinity winning streak against guys who are 90% black names on wikipedia. Try to convince me Anderson could have done that. Why doesn't anybody try to argue with me on this? Of course, because my points are so bulletproof."
If that's his argument, he's an idiot too. Why can't people accept there are dipshits on both sides? I said earlier that anyone who thinks either Fedor or Anderson is way above the other is retarded. An unbiased view will see both are very close and can both be considered the GOAT, it depends on what YOU value more when comparing them side by side.

To say shit like "Fedor never fought in the UFC, therefore Anderson is the only reasonable choice for the GOAT" is retarded. Same as "Fedor fought at heavyweight!!! Therefore he's the only reasonable choice for GOAT" is equally retarded.

Both Fedor and Anderson have done amazing things in MMA, I hold Fedor as the GOAT, but at the same time I don't fault people who choose Anderson. I just don't feel the need to shit all over Anderson to hold my opinion. I can't say the same for Orcus. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with most of what you said, but I read most of what Orcus says differently than guys like you and d241.

It is true that Orcus stalks these threads to make his points, but I think it is also true that there is a large handful of many of us that you see over and over again making our points in these threads. That is nothing unique. Also, for the most part, I don't see him taking anything away from Fedor, but discrediting nonsense posts from his supporters. There are a lot of very reasonable arguments to make on behalf of the Fedor GOAT argument, but I don't think talking about him fighting guys that are bigger than him is that great of an argument. His best wins were against similar sized people. I don't think saying that he beat olympic medalists and 400 pound giants is a reasonable argument for why he is GOAT, but yet people bring it up.

That's not to say that Orcus doesn't ever go off base and bash, but 99% of what I see is in that realm.
1/7/14 8:14 PM
Captfireeyes
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - And for the record, I appreciate the contributions of both D241 and Orcus very much. Both excellent posters, imo.

But most of what I see in these threads is Orcus using some form of logic/reasoning to prove or disprove what he is saying. Not saying his logic infallible, but it usually comes with some reason. On the other hand, 90% of the arguments against him come not in the form of making counterpoints, but making random comments about he stalks Fedor threads and bashes him, inferring he is a know it all, but without arguing where he is wrong, bringing up posts from his past showing that he has changed his mind (weird, I know), etc.
Its been proven over and over that you can discredit ANY fighter.

Example:

Anderson has lost to Chonan and Takase. He also had wins against Marquart (now a WW) , Maia (now a WW), Lietes (got cut), Cote (also cut), Okami (cut), Vitor ( fought Anderson after a year and a half layoff), Hendo (fought for the title after a loss), Bonnar (retired), Griffin (fought aftrer a loss and is now retired) Lutter(came in fat then got cut).

Nothing I mentioned above is false. Can you not agree that if I went into every single thread about Anderson and stated the above over and over again it would at some point make me look like a jackass? Now that people have learned what Orcus' agenda is, we don't argue with him and dismiss him as an idiot. But he takes that as a "win", because "they haven't proven me wrong, I must be right!"

Its like arguing with a retard, now matter how many times you tell him, he still thinks potato comes after six. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 8:22 PM
Captfireeyes
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb -
Captfireeyes - 
ufc98newb -
Captfireeyes - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "You're not always right despite how often you think you are and you've been proven wrong in a lot of those discussions."

You are correct, I'm not always right. However in most threads, including this one, I am NOT proven wrong because no one even tries to. They just piss and moan about how mean I am to poor old Fedor.
I believe in the invisible flying spaghetti monster... No one has proven me wrong yet either! Therefore I must be right! Phone Post 3.0

Actually, that is more in line with the kind of arguments that D241 makes when he says shit like "i believe Igor Vovchanchyn is a higher GOAT than ANderson because he had to fight all of these huge beasts in tournaments, many in same night and had infinity winning streak against guys who are 90% black names on wikipedia. Try to convince me Anderson could have done that. Why doesn't anybody try to argue with me on this? Of course, because my points are so bulletproof."
If that's his argument, he's an idiot too. Why can't people accept there are dipshits on both sides? I said earlier that anyone who thinks either Fedor or Anderson is way above the other is retarded. An unbiased view will see both are very close and can both be considered the GOAT, it depends on what YOU value more when comparing them side by side.

To say shit like "Fedor never fought in the UFC, therefore Anderson is the only reasonable choice for the GOAT" is retarded. Same as "Fedor fought at heavyweight!!! Therefore he's the only reasonable choice for GOAT" is equally retarded.

Both Fedor and Anderson have done amazing things in MMA, I hold Fedor as the GOAT, but at the same time I don't fault people who choose Anderson. I just don't feel the need to shit all over Anderson to hold my opinion. I can't say the same for Orcus. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with most of what you said, but I read most of what Orcus says differently than guys like you and d241.

It is true that Orcus stalks these threads to make his points, but I think it is also true that there is a large handful of many of us that you see over and over again making our points in these threads. That is nothing unique. Also, for the most part, I don't see him taking anything away from Fedor, but discrediting nonsense posts from his supporters. There are a lot of very reasonable arguments to make on behalf of the Fedor GOAT argument, but I don't think talking about him fighting guys that are bigger than him is that great of an argument. His best wins were against similar sized people. I don't think saying that he beat olympic medalists and 400 pound giants is a reasonable argument for why he is GOAT, but yet people bring it up.

That's not to say that Orcus doesn't ever go off base and bash, but 99% of what I see is in that realm.
You do realise that there isn't enough hours in the day for me to argue with every retard who says stupid shit to support their favorite fighter. The first UFC event I ever saw live was Machida vs Evans. I haven't been around forever, but I did my research, bought a fuckton of DVDs and I think I have a decent grasp on the history of MMA. One thing I learned very quickly is that the average UFC fan doesn't know shit and just tune in to see guys get knocked out. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 8:34 PM
ufc98newb
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captfireeyes - 
ufc98newb - And for the record, I appreciate the contributions of both D241 and Orcus very much. Both excellent posters, imo.

But most of what I see in these threads is Orcus using some form of logic/reasoning to prove or disprove what he is saying. Not saying his logic infallible, but it usually comes with some reason. On the other hand, 90% of the arguments against him come not in the form of making counterpoints, but making random comments about he stalks Fedor threads and bashes him, inferring he is a know it all, but without arguing where he is wrong, bringing up posts from his past showing that he has changed his mind (weird, I know), etc.

Example:

Anderson has lost to Chonan and Takase. He also had wins against Marquart (now a WW) , Maia (now a WW), Lietes (got cut), Cote (also cut), Okami (cut), Vitor ( fought Anderson after a year and a half layoff), Hendo (fought for the title after a loss), Bonnar (retired), Griffin (fought aftrer a loss and is now retired) Lutter(came in fat then got cut).

Nothing I mentioned above is false. Can you not agree that if I went into every single thread about Anderson and stated the above over and over again it would at some point make me look like a jackass? Now that people have learned what Orcus' agenda is, we don't argue with him and dismiss him as an idiot. But he takes that as a "win", because "they haven't proven me wrong, I must be right!"

Its like arguing with a retard, now matter how many times you tell him, he still thinks potato comes after six. Phone Post 3.0

Of course you can discredit anybody, and some arguments have more merit than others.

Most of what Orcus discredits are not random thoughts of his that he just brings out of nowhere. Almost everytime, from what I've seen, it is him arguing against somebody else who already brought up a stupid, meaningless point.

Maybe you are right that he could spend a little less time in these threads, but there are as many zealots on the other side to even it out, imo
1/7/14 8:43 PM
titoc123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have Anderson slightly ahead of Fedor and GSP because of the many ways he finished people in big fights.

There is a point to be made for either as the GOAT Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 8:44 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - And for the record, I appreciate the contributions of both D241 and Orcus very much. Both excellent posters, imo.

Lol, dude take off your transparent dress, I can see your sandy vagina.

What do you expect me to do man, recite the same arguments orcus and I have had numerous times years ago?

That is what you are proposing. Just b/c you haven't seen me counter argue orcus, doesn't mean I haven't, hate to break it to you.

If you are jonesing for it that bad, here's what you can do. Do a title search "legend comparison". 

It was made by me. I made a poll asking to vote for Anderson or Fedor. I made points about why BOTH are great.

I POLITELY asked orcus to not "orcus" up my thread, because as a Fedor fan, I wanted my poll to be unbiased, and knowing him, I knew if he "orcused" it up, I would feel the need to defend Fedor. 

He could not let it go.

The thread/poll is the biggest Fedor/Anderson poll to date on this site. 

Again UFC98Newb, I will not argue about Fedor over, and over, and over again, with someone I have argued Fedor with....over, and over, and over again.  Instead, I go right to the main issue, which is his obsessed behavior. I feel like a broken record.

Here's what I ask of you to do UFC98newb, PUT ME ON IGNORE. I'm tired of seeing the same lame shit from you. Okay? Will you do that, b/c if not, I will put you on ignore, but I trust you will be able to get over this issue you have with me. You've said the same shit, I've said the same shit, we are going in circles.

1/7/14 8:50 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And for the record, I stand strongly behind my arguments that Igor is more accomplished than Anderson.

When I ask for the criteria of what makes Anderson great, here is what people have said:

His win streak

Who he has beaten

So using those 2 measurements, I pointed out that Igor's win streak is more than twice as long as Anderson's-Fact

I pointed out guys Igor beat, against guys Anderson beat.

I pointed out that not only would Anderson have to beat the same guys Igor beat, but he'd have to do it in the same context, ie beating multiple guys in the same night, multiple times.

In my OPINION, I do not think Anderson could do that. I made a poll, asking the UG the same question.

Guess what? MAJORITY of the UG said the same thing, which is they do not think Anderson could do what Igor did.

You are the only person that would know this answer, so I ask you, and only you? How does orcus' nuts taste? You are on them.....ALL THE TIME lol

1/7/14 8:53 PM
ufc98newb

Capt-I am pretty much on board with what you are saying.

I'll just leave it at I think Orcus gets too much shit, and more often than not from people without a point.

If you want to tell him to get over his obsession over arguing with Fedor zealots every time they make a dumb argument, you have a point. If you want to tell him he is a hypocrite for changing his mind about Fedor being GOAT or say that he is bashing for pointing out that Fedor beating 400 lbers and olympians is not a good argument for him being GOAT, you have less of a point.
1/7/14 8:56 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

I take back what I said 98newb.

Don't put me on ignore. I implied you should stop hanging off orcus' nuts, don't stop doing that either.

At this point in time, I am genuinely curious to see how many threads, how much time it will take for you to see the same arguments from ocrus, discrediting the same fighter, over and over and over again, until finally you say to yourself...'Geez, enough if enough already, we get it orcus, you dont' like Fedor, and I have seen your arguments numerous times on the subject"

I predict it will take you over one year, but less than 2 years. Starting now, even though we both know you've been white knighting orcus for about a year already.

1/7/14 9:22 PM
ufc98newb

SevenLeggedSpider - 

I take back what I said 98newb.

Don't put me on ignore. I implied you should stop hanging off orcus' nuts, don't stop doing that either.

At this point in time, I am genuinely curious to see how many threads, how much time it will take for you to see the same arguments from ocrus, discrediting the same fighter, over and over and over again, until finally you say to yourself...'Geez, enough if enough already, we get it orcus, you dont' like Fedor, and I have seen your arguments numerous times on the subject"

I predict it will take you over one year, but less than 2 years. Starting now, even though we both know you've been white knighting orcus for about a year already.

I honestly get a lot of your points, especially that Orcus spends too much time arguing with Fedor followers, weather he has reason in his posts or not. We all probably spend a little too much time in these threads to some extent.

And I often disagree with Orcus in other threads. Specifically a lot of his points about Belfort lately that I have found flat out wrong or on the wrong side of logic. I just see a couple of arguments in these threads, that come up over and over again, that I don't agree with. And I can't help myself from putting in my 2cents.

And on the Igor thing, I just think that whole idea is such a fantasy that it can't be argued. I think it is more than fair to have that opinion on Igor vs Anderson, I just don't see how a reasonable argument can be made one way or another. You can say you don't think Anderson could do that, but what is the basis? He didn't do it--that was another era, but could he? No way to speculate. Who's to say that he doesn't go through a tournament in one night and pull a Forrest, Okami, Bonnar on his opponents. Three fights where he so overmatched his opponents, and won with such ease, that it is conceivable that he could have had those same three fights within a two hour span and come out with the same results. Again, I respect your opinion on that, respect the poll results, I just don't see a path to making a point by point argument, in either direction, that goes anywhere beyond pure imagination.

And I've been white knighting Orcus since the days of nPd, so we'll call it 2 years.
1/7/14 9:32 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Reply back as an equal dick or bigger dick, and I feel justified.

Reply back how you did, and I feel bad. 

I'm sorry UFC98Newb.

Also, I don't know where I'm going with this but you have inspired me to talk mma more, however about a different topic than the one we are in. Oh fucking well though, it's page 9 who cares....

I don't think GSP could do what Royce Gracie did. I do think though, that GSP has a good even perhaps a better argument for Goat than Royce does.  On the flip side, I don't think Royce could do what GSP has done. 

I think Royce, Igor, GSP, and Anderson are all legends in their own right. They all have put their mark in mma in their own special way.  I just think many fans who are newer and didn't know or haven't done research on mma greats of the past, before they started watching, can't appreciate or compare current fighters they have seen, vs fighters they haven't.

Also, I think Igor would do better fighting the guys Anderson fought, than I think Anderson would do fighting the guys Igor fought.  

I think I just wasted time, I said all that without a real point. Sorry again.

1/7/14 10:06 PM
mje364
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was fedor before weidman and still is. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:30 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captfireeyes - 

lol...someone said I'm "often" "proven wrong", I said that's funny because no one ever even tries to. Don't cry.
1/7/14 11:32 PM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captfireeyes - 
ufc98newb -
Captfireeyes - 

You seem kind of stupid. I never said Anderson is the only choice for GOAT, nor have I ever had a problem with anyone picking Fedor even though I disagree.
1/7/14 11:33 PM

ufc98newb - And for the record, I appreciate the contributions of both D241 and Orcus very much. Both excellent posters, imo.

Yes, exactly. Thank you. Whether you disagree with me or not, I'll explain exactly why I think what I think. So many of these dorks dismiss everything as "discrediting" without being able to say why it's untrue or inaccurate.
1/7/14 11:36 PM
Chris SK
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TtT Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:38 PM

"I think it is also true that there is a large handful of many of us that you see over and over again making our points in these threads. That is nothing unique."

YEP

" Also, for the most part, I don't see him taking anything away from Fedor, but discrediting nonsense posts from his supporters."

YEP

" There are a lot of very reasonable arguments to make on behalf of the Fedor GOAT argument, but I don't think talking about him fighting guys that are bigger than him is that great of an argument."

YEP -- the "giants" he beat were ALL beaten by other small and/or mediocre fighters.

" His best wins were against similar sized people."

YEP -- his best wins by a MILE -- as in, head and shoulders above everyone else he ever beat -- were Nog and Crocop, both of whom he OUTWEIGHED.

" I don't think saying that he beat olympic medalists and 400 pound giants is a reasonable argument for why he is GOAT, but yet people bring it up. "

YEP

Someone gets it.
1/7/14 11:44 PM

Captfireeyes - 

Example:

It's pretty simple. The counterpoint to those who say Anderson is out of GOAT talks because of losing to Chonan and Takase is "Anderson wasn't anything like the fighter he eventually became at that time. No one said he was GOAT then, for good reason." Counterpoint to "Hendo fought for the title after a loss" is "who gives a fuck? He lost in a higher weight class, he was one fight away from having been the Pride 185 *and* 205 champion, and afterwards he went on to KTFO of Fedor himself." Etc.

Now tell me, what is your reasoned counterpoint to "Fedor doesnt get special GOAT points for beating 'Olympians', because one of them was Matt Lindland who was a middleweight with zero other heavyweight fights in his career, and one was paycheck-collector Ogawa who had zero wins worth a damn and also lost to Yoshida. There are no other 'good' -- nevermind great, nevermind GOAT -- heavyweights that ANY of us would not pick to steamroll those two."

"You do realise that there isn't enough hours in the day for me to argue with every retard who says stupid shit to support their favorite fighter. "

Luckily, there ARE enough hours in the day for you to complain about "every retard" saying "stupid shit" without being able to say why it's "stupid".
1/7/14 11:45 PM
sparkuri
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuluzhino would've sat on Anderson and broke all his frail bones.

There!
I said it!

*sweater dance* Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:47 PM

"I POLITELY asked orcus to not "orcus" up my thread, because as a Fedor fan, I wanted my poll to be unbiased, and knowing him, I knew if he "orcused" it up, I would feel the need to defend Fedor.

He could not let it go."

What actually happened is that in his OP, he made some retarded and factually false comments in the "pro-Fedor" column, like saying he defended his title 10 times or some bullshit. Then, when I pointed out his errors, rather than thank me for correcting his mistakes, he got butthurt.
1/7/14 11:52 PM

"And for the record, I stand strongly behind my arguments that Igor is more accomplished than Anderson."

What are the records of the best guys Igor beat? What are the rankings of his best opponents? How many legit titles did Igor hold? How many title defenses? How often did he fight the next best guy in his division?

"So using those 2 measurements, I pointed out that Igor's win streak is more than twice as long as Anderson's-Fact"

I guess Travis Fulton beats them both then.

"Who he has beaten"

See above.

1/8/14 12:00 AM
SevenLeggedSpider

gokudamus stole my name iv - "I think it is also true that there is a large handful of many of us that you see over and over again making our points in these threads. That is nothing unique."

YEP

" Also, for the most part, I don't see him taking anything away from Fedor, but discrediting nonsense posts from his supporters."

YEP

" There are a lot of very reasonable arguments to make on behalf of the Fedor GOAT argument, but I don't think talking about him fighting guys that are bigger than him is that great of an argument."

YEP -- the "giants" he beat were ALL beaten by other small and/or mediocre fighters.

" His best wins were against similar sized people."

YEP -- his best wins by a MILE -- as in, head and shoulders above everyone else he ever beat -- were Nog and Crocop, both of whom he OUTWEIGHED.

" I don't think saying that he beat olympic medalists and 400 pound giants is a reasonable argument for why he is GOAT, but yet people bring it up. "

YEP

Someone gets it.

SevenLeggedSpider - 

It's funny how orcus tries to derail what he is guilty of.

The DIFFERENCE, is no one on this site is as dedicated at discrediting Fedor every chance they get, as orcus is. THAT, is the difference.

There isn't even a close 2nd place. Not even a close 2nd place using another fighter as an example.

You won't find someone who was a BJ Penn fan and had hundreds of positive things to say about him, but then all of a sudden hates BJ Penn and tries to discredit him at every turn.

You won't find someone who was a Lyoto Machida fan and had hundreds of positive things to say about him, but once they found out he's a pee drinker, they try to discredit him at every turn.

It's not about having Anderson over Fedor as the goat. It's about not being able to let an opportunity to discredit Fedor pass.

No one on this site is guilty of what orcus is guilty of.   Keep pretending like this isn't about your obsession with discrediting a legend every chance.

1/8/14 12:06 AM

"It's about not being able to let an opportunity to discredit Fedor pass."

No, it's about not being able to let a moronic and unsupportable statement pass.

lol @ the mindset that says "all your points are perfectly legitimate, but I don't like that you make them all the time, so I'm going to say you're crazy and I'm going to stalk you and bring up everything you ever said over 10 years every time you post -- because you're crazy, not me!"
1/8/14 12:07 AM
SevenLeggedSpider

Because everyone has posting habits like you orcus?

You just don't get it man. You are different. There's a reason why the bus you rode to school was shorter than the rest.

1/8/14 12:09 AM
Flexo
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaah the good ol' GOAT threads, they're all the same. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.