UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor versus Anderson: Who is the GOAT?

1/8/14 4:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gokudamus stole my name iv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SevenLeggedSpider - 

Lol, you probably really do think I was over emotional in this thread.

Even though I debated with you zero times. All I did, as quote you and quote you. You are the one going on and on about shit you've more than likely already said in prior discussions. Talk about me being a broken record-HA!

Keep telling yourself that "dumdum241" is the emotional one on this thread.

What kind of mental disorder does it take to see "debate" as "emotional", but not the obsessive fantasizing about a stranger's mindset and motivations, complete with keeping a personal file of that person's posts spanning a decade, painstakingly collected over months?
1/8/14 5:07 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to be aware that all my quotes come from a thread I've already done a long time ago.

I stopped digging up dirt on you a LOOOONG time ago. I got enough of what I need, and I use it.

It's way easier.

All the time I spent collecting has already paid off and then some. It takes no time for me to find one thread I made that has tons of "orcus gems" in there. You know which thread I'm referring to as well, quit playing dumb.

Now, back to saying how emotional I am by you making long winded post and personal insults lol....

1/8/14 6:10 PM

SevenLeggedSpider - 

You have to be aware that all my quotes come from a thread I've already done a long time ago.

I stopped digging up dirt on you a LOOOONG time ago. I got enough of what I need, and I use it.

It's way easier.

All the time I spent collecting has already paid off and then some. It takes no time for me to find one thread I made that has tons of "orcus gems" in there. You know which thread I'm referring to as well, quit playing dumb.

Now, back to saying how emotional I am by you making long winded post and personal insults lol....

The fact remains that one of us debates MMA topics on an MMA forum using facts and logic.

The other obsesses over another poster and makes off-topic posts imagining what said poster thinks and feels, and rushes to post this nonsense every time that poster makes any kind of rational post.

So, yes, you're the emotional one.
1/8/14 6:11 PM

Edited: 01/08/14 6:12 PM
"fedor fought people bigger them him,"

He fought some people taller than him and a few who were heavier than him. He also fought many people lighter than himself.

Reach is one aspect of "size". The only one that is relevant as far as divisions in this sport is weight, and there is no evidence that Anderson outweighed many of his opponents.
1/8/14 6:47 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Stuven Farlow - fedor fought people bigger them him, anderson fought people smaller then him (watch his highlight he has the reach on every opponenet)
No he didnt. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 7:16 PM
sparkuri

gokudamus stole my name iv - "fedor fought people bigger them him,"

He fought some people taller than him and a few who were heavier than him. He also fought many people lighter than himself.

Reach is one aspect of "size". The only one that is relevant as far as divisions in this sport is weight, and there is no evidence that Anderson outweighed many of his opponents.
If weight is important, than muscle/fat ratio must be.
In that regard, what advantage did Fedor physically have over anyone, save Matt Linland? Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 7:44 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - 
SevenLeggedSpider - 

It's way easier.

The fact remains that one of us obsesses over discrediting a legend instead of discussing a variety of other mma topics.

The other one is D241.

So, yes, you're the emotional one.

1/8/14 9:18 PM

"If weight is important, than muscle/fat ratio must be."

Muscle/fat ratio isn't how the sport is divided. If you were in charge, would you do away with weight classes and make the divisions by muscle/fat ratio? Or reach? Or height? Be honest.

"In that regard, what advantage did Fedor physically have over anyone, save Matt Linland?"

First, I have no idea what Fedor's muscle/fat ratio was in his prime. Most likely similar to Cain Velasquez's. But to answer your question, Fedor had the physical advantage of speed over virtually every single opponent he ever fought, along with the physical advantage of power over most of his opponents as well. But I guess those don't count because he was a couple inches shorter?

What is your hypothesis as to why Fedor carried some flab? He was lazy and didn't want to train or eat properly? Or do you think he and his coaches thought that the extra weight would be an asset for a heavyweight fighter, even though it wasn't all lean muscle? Maybe you should ask Cain and Roy and Barnett and Nog why they don't slim down as well.

1/8/14 9:41 PM
sparkuri

gokudamus stole my name iv - "If weight is important, than muscle/fat ratio must be."

Muscle/fat ratio isn't how the sport is divided. If you were in charge, would you do away with weight classes and make the divisions by muscle/fat ratio? Or reach? Or height? Be honest.

"In that regard, what advantage did Fedor physically have over anyone, save Matt Linland?"

First, I have no idea what Fedor's muscle/fat ratio was in his prime. Most likely similar to Cain Velasquez's. But to answer your question, Fedor had the physical advantage of speed over virtually every single opponent he ever fought, along with the physical advantage of power over most of his opponents as well. But I guess those don't count because he was a couple inches shorter?

What is your hypothesis as to why Fedor carried some flab? He was lazy and didn't want to train or eat properly? Or do you think he and his coaches thought that the extra weight would be an asset for a heavyweight fighter, even though it wasn't all lean muscle? Maybe you should ask Cain and Roy and Barnett and Nog why they don't slim down as well.

You said "one aspect of size is reach", then said the only relevant aspect was weight.
That's an interesting point of view.
The only weight class that even applies to is heavy weight.

To answer your question, at least part of it, if I was in charge I would get rid of all weight classes. Then I would name it the "Ultimate Fighting Championship".

It actually would be ultimate, and Fedor would be the winner Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:28 PM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "If weight is important, than muscle/fat ratio must be."

You said "one aspect of size is reach", then said the only relevant aspect was weight.
That's an interesting point of view.
The only weight class that even applies to is heavy weight.

To answer your question, at least part of it, if I was in charge I would get rid of all weight classes. Then I would name it the "Ultimate Fighting Championship".

It actually would be ultimate, and Fedor would be the winner Phone Post 3.0

HA!

Nice.
1/8/14 11:33 PM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:05 AM
KingofCommonSense

Fedor. In his prime... Would throw him around like a rag doll...and put him to sleep anytime he wanted with one punch. Bad bad matchup for AS.
1/9/14 10:14 AM

"You said "one aspect of size is reach", then said the only relevant aspect was weight. That's an interesting point of view."

It's not that interesting if you understand what I said: "The only one that is relevant as far as divisions in this sport is weight". That is literally true. There are no divisions in this or any other sport that I'm aware of that are based on muscle:fat ratio, or reach, or height. EVERY sport with "size" divisions uses weight and nothing else to set up the classes.

"To answer your question, at least part of it, if I was in charge I would get rid of all weight classes. Then I would name it the "Ultimate Fighting Championship". It actually would be ultimate, and Fedor would be the winner"

No, Fedor would lose to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Dan Henderson. And you would be depriving yourself of some truly fantastic fights. What percentage of your all-time favorite fights were between guys with a significant size disparity?

1/9/14 10:32 AM

"Here is something to think about. According to todays weight cutting standards, Fedor was a middle weight. "

Fedor was 235lb. By your logic you can make the case that Cain is a middleweight as well (he used to be in the upper 230s), and he has beaten all the best MODERN heavyweights -- including two VERY quick annihilations of the guy who pounded Fedor out.
1/9/14 12:10 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Olympiclevelthruster - -Fedor never lost while in his prime, baring a shitty cut stoppage.

-Anderson lost twice while in his athletic pime, then lost twice more while in his mental prime

-Fedor was a natural MW-LHW

-Anderson was a natural LHW

Yet one of them went undefeated at HW for 10 years

While the other fought at a weight class lower dominating the weakest division in MMA

Fedor's streak went on longer, and during his streak he fought tougher competition while beating his opponents at their strengths (Nog and Cro Cop etc)

And I liked Anderson more then Fedor but facts are facts. Like I said, anyone who knows MMA, knows Fedor is the GOAT.

There has been no one like Fedor. Gsp is the #2 GOAT though.

And in fact, based on dominance and just resume alone, you could make the case for Gsp being the #1 all time GOAT...Gsp has a hell of more impressive resume then Anderson has.....but all the other intagibles would go to Fedor over Gsp

Anderson was still a great striker though. He has nothing left to prove anymore and surely cementes hinself as one of the best.......its just that Fedor is the GOAT and Gsp is #2
You lost ALL credibility when you say Fedor is a MW/LHW and Andy is a LHW.

There is ZERO logic that supports that in any way. Pure stupidity. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:01 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

orcus, I am on the UG 98% of the time. 

As you can tell from my post count, I am here daily.

My question to you, is in your opinion, on the UnderGround section of topics, what percentage would you say your post are on Fedor threads compared to other mma threads?

I want to get your opinion of how much time you think you spend on Fedor threads.

1/9/14 8:28 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Stuven Farlow -
sa80teur - "What the ancients called a clever fighter was not one who wins, but excels in winning with ease. Hence his victories bring him neither reputation for wisdom, nor credit for courage"
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War.

Anderson. Phone Post 3.0

its easier to win when you are fighting people smaller then you.
Fedor fought people a lot bigger

watch a anderson hihglight and see how many opponents he towers over
Fedors toughest challengers were not much bigger than he was. Especially not weight wise.

Anderson fought many opponents who weighed more than he did in the cage. He is only ~200 in the cage at MW. His LHW opponents were all bigger than he was. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 9:42 PM

"My question to you, is in your opinion, on the UnderGround section of topics, what percentage would you say your post are on Fedor threads compared to other mma threads?"

Good question. Probably pretty high, simply because 1) there is a way higher percentage of threads about Fedor than probably any other one topic, and 2) Fedor threads draw a high percentage of delusional posts from you guys.

I post tons on any topic that interests me that is full of idiotic posts. See: Anderson being a huge middleweight, the scandal of the weights being rounded down in GSP vs Diaz, anything about TRT, etc. I guess I'm obsessed with those too? If retards like Goku made as many threads about GSP cheating as you guys do about how Fedor is the best, I would probably be split 50/50 in terms of my responses.

"Fedor fought people a lot bigger"

How many guys did Fedor beat in his 40 fight career who were "a lot bigger"? And what do you call "a lot"?
1/9/14 10:10 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

How many guys did Fedor beat in his 40 fight career who were "a lot bigger"?

More than Anderson that's for damn sure.

1/9/14 10:12 PM

So?

Let me get this straight, where exactly is Anderson on your list? Below Fedor, below Igor...I assume below Randy Couture, because he beat loads of guys much bigger than himself...below Cain for sure, below Dan Henderson too maybe?

Where exactly do you put the guy with the most title defenses in MMA history?
1/10/14 9:06 AM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

gokudamus stole my name iv - So?

Let me get this straight, where exactly is Anderson on your list? Below Fedor, below Igor...I assume below Randy Couture, because he beat loads of guys much bigger than himself...below Cain for sure, below Dan Henderson too maybe?

Answer please. :-) Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 10:18 AM
sparkuri

Imo, title defenses mean nothing.
Not for Fedor, Anderson, Hughes, GSP, or anybody else.
It's about the obstacles a man overcomes.
"Title defenses" is window dressing. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 10:27 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor all day...fought more dangerous men, period.
1/10/14 10:50 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - they are both pretty close IMO.

both have losses and both dominated in the most impressive fashion possible.

but one dominated the 85%+ finishing rate HW division for 10 yrs and one dominated the weakest MW division for 7 yrs.

and for the 100th time, to those mentioning the "cans" Fedor fought. those were EXTRA fights! he fought 3-5 times a year while Andy/GSP fight 1-2 times a yr. SOOOOOOOOOOO Fedor fought his 1-3 top 5 contenders, PLUS a couple EXTRA Freak show fights on top. THAT should give him EXTRA points, not hurt his legacy.

during their primes, GSP fought ONE time a yr TWICE. Fedor fought (& finished most) FIVE times a year FOUR Times.

you can say GSP had tougher comp, but not really. Fedor was fighting his top comp JUST as much as GSP, but with EXTRA Freak show fights in there.

if GSP fought a couple giants/freaks in between his top contender fights, the TUF Noobs would swing on his nuts SOOOOOOOOO Hard it would be unbearable on here. but somehow Fedor gets no credit for it.

1/10/14 11:06 AM

sparkuri - 

Imo, title defenses mean nothing.
Not for Fedor, Anderson, Hughes, GSP, or anybody else.
It's about the obstacles a man overcomes.
"Title defenses" is window dressing. Phone Post 3.0

Title defenses imply several things: that you're fighting a higher level of competition on average than someone in a non-title fight is; that you have more pressure; and that you have less motivation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.