UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman proves what Ive been saying for years

1/5/14 5:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
garfner
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris basically proves what Ive been saying about anderson for years. I've never considered Anderson a pfp guy because of the division that he is in. If 185 was stocked full of elite wrestlers like Matt Hughes, John Fitch, Josh Kos, Hendriks and GSP I really dont think he would have ever made it to the title match. One of those guys would have layed and preyed him for 3 rounds. Imagine if his first or second fight would have been against a 6' 2" 210 John Fitch who cut to 185. He would have been grinded on for 3 rounds. Chris is basically a big version of these guys. The only other guys in 185 that fit this bill is accident prone older Sonnen and wild swinging old Henderson who fights like a brawler not a wrestler.
Instead 185 was full of brawlers. even when they moved him up to 205 they put him against brawlers(Irvin, Griffin, Bonnar). This guy is a brawlers worst nightmare. He decisioned in lack luster fights against good bjj guys like Maia and Leites who would not brawl and swing wildly with him.
I dont care what division you put Jones or GSP in. or Cain. Their styles and skillset would have made them champions at any wieght no matter who was in the division. I dont think you can say the same for Anderson. ANDERSON IS MMAS BEST STRIKER OF ALL TIME. But if you had put three or 4 division 1 national champions in his division we would never be talking about him as the GOAT.
BTW my two favorite fighters are Brazilian. Vitor and Murilo Bustamante just in case you think I have red white and blue colored glasses on. My other 3 all time favorites would be Carlos Newton, Evan Tanner and Sak. And I dont even like Jones or Cain but I do recognize their talent as pfp guys. Anderson is an amazing fighter and I would agree that he is MMAs striking GOAT but not the all around GOAT.
1/5/14 5:43 PM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% correct you are sir. Phone Post
1/5/14 5:44 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

Cool story bro...

You just pointed out a know fact, a strikers weakness is wrestlers...great googly moogly i never thought this before. This is a totally new idea and concept and you get my vu for today for being a trail blazer Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 5:45 PM
Paper View Keybored Warrior

I couldn't even be bothered reading more than 10 words before it all started to look like 'bla, bla, bla...'

If anyone can surmise for me, did this person actually make any valid point? I really couldn't be bothered reading it.
Looks like a load of nonsense that I couldn't give 2 shits about.
1/5/14 5:46 PM
garfner
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like Josh GSP and Hendriks, Chris is an amazing grappler with very good striking skills.
1/5/14 5:50 PM
Donoghue88
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always thought this too.

People don't want to hear it though
1/5/14 5:52 PM
garfner

The Brotorious B.I.G - Cool story bro...

You just pointed out a know fact, a strikers weakness is wrestlers...great googly moogly i never thought this before. This is a totally new idea and concept and you get my vu for today for being a trail blazer Phone Post 3.0

Yes and the GSP is a karate guy who had to overcome this and did that's why I consider him one of the pfp contenders
1/5/14 5:53 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Yes totally. Henderson Sonnen Okami and Marquart are terrible grapplers...

What an idiotic thread. 

1/5/14 5:53 PM
kevsh
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But if you had put three or 4 division 1 national champions in his division we would never be talking about him as the GOAT."

This is what bothers me when people talk about who is the GOAT, or this guy would beat that guy. You are making the mistake of stating an opinion as fact.

We will never know how Anderson would've done against elite wrestlers unfortunately, but claiming he would've lost to these hypothetical fighters is nonsense. What we do know is Silva dominated his division unchallenged for longer than anyone has, at any weight.
1/5/14 5:55 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - "But if you had put three or 4 division 1 national champions in his division we would never be talking about him as the GOAT."

This is what bothers me when people talk about who is the GOAT, or this guy would beat that guy. You are making the mistake of stating an opinion as fact.

We will never know how Anderson would've done against elite wrestlers unfortunately, but claiming he would've lost to these hypothetical fighters is nonsense. What we do know is Silva dominated his division unchallenged for longer than anyone has, at any weight.
Great point.

You can't take away from a fighters accomplishments by using hypotheticals. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 5:55 PM
cwcoogan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he lost either fight with Weidman because Chris laid on him then you might have some point, though neither fight ended that way so your argument is invalid.
1/5/14 6:01 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

garfner -

Yes and the GSP is a karate guy who had to overcome this and did that's why I consider him one of the pfp contenders
To be fair, gsp may have been a "karate guy" but he had an unusual knack for wrestling Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 6:02 PM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't agree because it's all speculation. You have no idea whether or not he could've beat anyone with wrestling pedigree. He did it to Chael twice. GOATness can only be archived through results alone and Anderson's highlight reel shows that. Plus, and I am in minority here, your status as a legend is not reliant on your stats alone. A lot of it is the manner in which you achieve things and conduct yourself ie Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, and Bruce Lee. I believe greatness is achieved through transcendence. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 6:03 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

The Brotorious B.I.G - 
garfner -

To be fair, gsp may have been a "karate guy" but he had an unusual knack for wrestling Phone Post 3.0

Even in his first 5 fights he was always grapple heavy in his style. Just because he chose karate as his first TMA as a kid doesn't make him a "karate guy".

1/5/14 6:05 PM
garfner

Allen Hood - 
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA -

What an idiotic thread. 

Beat me to it Phone Post 3.0

mentioned Henderson and Sonnen. Yes he did beat Okami and Marquart. great wins but does not put you in Pfp status in my book. What has Nate done since then. What has Okami done. Not hating on these guys but really?
1/5/14 6:06 PM
garfner

cwcoogan - If he lost either fight with Weidman because Chris laid on him then you might have some point, though neither fight ended that way so your argument is invalid.

I would say being taken down at will and beat on led to his demise.
1/5/14 6:07 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

garfner - 
Allen Hood - 
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA -

What an idiotic thread. 

Beat me to it Phone Post 3.0

mentioned Henderson and Sonnen. Yes he did beat Okami and Marquart. great wins but does not put you in Pfp status in my book. What has Nate done since then. What has Okami done. Not hating on these guys but really?

Asking what a fighter has done since losing to the person you're debating furthers your lack of reason and intelligence. 

What has AA done since Fedor KO'd him?

What has Timmay done?

Hardy?

Koscheck?

See how stupid that is?

1/5/14 6:08 PM
garfner

NukSooCow - Don't agree because it's all speculation. You have no idea whether or not he could've beat anyone with wrestling pedigree. He did it to Chael twice. GOATness can only be archived through results alone and Anderson's highlight reel shows that. Plus, and I am in minority here, your status as a legend is not reliant on your stats alone. A lot of it is the manner in which you achieve things and conduct yourself ie Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, and Bruce Lee. I believe greatness is achieved through transcendence. Phone Post 3.0

all pfp talk is speculation
Ansari
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with OP. I've said the same thing for years, even almost made this same thread a few days ago. Phone Post 3.0
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

garfner - 
cwcoogan - If he lost either fight with Weidman because Chris laid on him then you might have some point, though neither fight ended that way so your argument is invalid.

I would say being taken down at will and beat on led to his demise.

Yes that TD and GnP in round 1 clearly caused Anderson's leg to snap in half!!!!! Did you see how Chris was punching and elbowing his shin while on the ground??? ZOMG!!!

1/5/14 6:33 PM
Wally Saves
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
kevsh - "But if you had put three or 4 division 1 national champions in his division we would never be talking about him as the GOAT."

Great point.

You can't take away from a fighters accomplishments by using hypotheticals. Phone Post 3.0

This type of logic does not compute here.
1/5/14 7:00 PM
Fade7
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankly, you're not the first to suggest such things and for a long time you would have been wrong, esp when he beat Sonnen twice.
1/5/14 7:07 PM
crazydave
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henderson

Sonnen

Okami

Marquart

1/5/14 7:09 PM
shady lane
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just glad the silva jones super fight never happened. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/14 7:19 PM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayNPray absolutely dismantling this hater thread

Bravo Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.