UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Revolution dojo houston location?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/7/14 8:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cswhitey321
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone trained there? How is it as a BJJ gym? Good/bad, what are your thoughts? Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 9:11 PM
sly fox
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres 2 locations, the katy school and the houston ave school, back in the day the school housed yves edwards, tim credeur and anderson leal, and is owned by Jeff messina. Jeff tends to teach at the katy location, hes a solid black belt, Jaime teaches at the houston ave location, they have some decent judo at the school too... The Houston ave location has a very solid muay thai camp. Its a well respected school who does pretty well in competition

http://www.revolutiondojo.com/about/mixed-martial-arts-instructors/

1/8/14 9:23 AM
cswhitey321
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sly fox -

Theres 2 locations, the katy school and the houston ave school, back in the day the school housed yves edwards, tim credeur and anderson leal, and is owned by Jeff messina. Jeff tends to teach at the katy location, hes a solid black belt, Jaime teaches at the houston ave location, they have some decent judo at the school too... The Houston ave location has a very solid muay thai camp. Its a well respected school who does pretty well in competition

http://www.revolutiondojo.com/about/mixed-martial-arts-instructors/

Thanks for the info bro, VU. I would go to the Houston ave location because it is like 1 mile from work and 5-6 miles from home... Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 3:16 PM
cswhitey321

ttt Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 6:12 PM
sly fox
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaime is a nice guy, he also has a 3rd dan in judo, I dont know too much about the class breakdown and stuff as I havent done bjj there, but the people there are nice, its not a meathead gym but also not a super commercial setup

1/9/14 6:47 PM
AlphaMaleJP
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've worked with Kimo, one of Kj Noons' trainers, and learned a lot. He's a great boxing/kickboxing coach. He's usually at the Houston Avenue one. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 7:00 PM
cswhitey321

sly fox -

Jaime is a nice guy, he also has a 3rd dan in judo, I dont know too much about the class breakdown and stuff as I havent done bjj there, but the people there are nice, its not a meathead gym but also not a super commercial setup

Cool, thanks. I guess I'm just wondering if there's a fair share of black/brown/purple belts on the mat there. I got really spoiled out here, we had 5 black belts, and like 8 brown belts at lunch time open mat here today... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 7:00 PM
cswhitey321

AlphaMaleJP - I've worked with Kimo, one of Kj Noons' trainers, and learned a lot. He's a great boxing/kickboxing coach. He's usually at the Houston Avenue one. Phone Post 3.0
Sounds good, thank you. I think my mma days are behind me and it's just time to focus on BJJ... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 7:01 PM
cswhitey321

sly fox -

I did hear he's a super badass judo guy Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 9:44 PM
sly fox

cswhitey321 - 
sly fox -

Cool, thanks. I guess I'm just wondering if there's a fair share of black/brown/purple belts on the mat there. I got really spoiled out here, we had 5 black belts, and like 8 brown belts at lunch time open mat here today... Phone Post 3.0

I dont really know, I dont think youll have many brown and black belts.. if thats what you want you may be better off with Rillions Gracie's school or Gracie Barra westchase which arent too far

1/9/14 10:02 PM
dhughes
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gah...my eyes are going on me.

I thought this was a thread about Whitney Houston.
1/9/14 10:11 PM
The Wizzle
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the greatest thread of all
1/9/14 10:17 PM
dhughes
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Wizzle - the greatest thread of all

You mean....You've found the greatest thread of all inside of you?

the greatest thread......OF ALL!!!!!...IS HAPPENING TO ME...learning to thread yourself is the greatest thread of all...
1/9/14 10:19 PM
WarmASStar's Moobs
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear they aren't big on mercy there.
1/9/14 10:43 PM
cswhitey321

WarmASStar's Moobs - I hear they aren't big on mercy there.
Lol Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:18 PM
cswhitey321

sly fox -
cswhitey321 - 
sly fox -

I dont really know, I dont think youll have many brown and black belts.. if thats what you want you may be better off with Rillions Gracie's school or Gracie Barra westchase which arent too far

Yeah, that's what I'm probably thinking. GB west chase is like 12 miles from where our apartment will be and from my work. I guess everyone plays up he traffic to be so bad I was looking for the closest thing possible...

I go to a GB now so I was hoping to stick with it if feasible. I did really like the idea of 5:30 am classes at revolution though. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 9:23 PM
sly fox

yeah 5.30 is a nice time, it also depends which area you are living in to travel there to affect your route time... definitely check out a couple of gyms and the time it takes at different times... some routes take far longer in traffic than other routes do, which part of town will you be living in

1/10/14 9:47 PM
cswhitey321

sly fox -

yeah 5.30 is a nice time, it also depends which area you are living in to travel there to affect your route time... definitely check out a couple of gyms and the time it takes at different times... some routes take far longer in traffic than other routes do, which part of town will you be living in

Garden oaks, 34th and n shepherd Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 6:25 PM
sly fox

yeah might be  alittle ticky for you to go to rilions or gb westchase, although it sounds like you work nearer houston ave, when revolution is.. i guess in some ways its a matter of trying them out journey-wise and class timing wise..i'll shoot you a pm

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.