UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: Cormier 'scared to text me'

1/7/14 10:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

For the second time in a row, Rashad Evans will step into the Octagon against a friend. Last it was Chael Sonnen and this time, Daniel Cormier. The three actually work together on FOX Sports broadcast and a very friendly, but Evans knows he has to put that aside come fight night:

“He couldn’t make 211 (pounds) five years ago or so for the Olympics, so it’s going to be hard if he’s a little bit older,” Evans said. “So it’s going to be hard, but maybe he has discipline now that he didn’t have then.”

But he hasn’t heard Cormier’s opinion on the matter – Cormier (13-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has stopped responding to messages.

“I think he’s kind of scared to text me now,” Evans said. “But the thing about it is, you’ve got to put it on hold. You can’t be palling around, because it’s a fight. If I allow myself to think any other way than he’s someone who’s trying to separate me from consciousness, I’ve already lost.

“So Feb. 22, I don’t have no friend.”

read entire article...

1/7/14 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evans has been looking good since he rediscovered his swagger. I think this will be an interesting fight, with the x factor being how cormier reacts to being a LHW.
1/7/14 10:03 PM
shaqitup
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It must be tough on Rashad, first he faced a former training partner, who it seemed like he was a bit of a mentor to.

Then he goes on to face two guys in a row who he works with on a regular basis and would consider friends.

1/7/14 10:03 PM
M Theory
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's a fight you can't act like friends. He's not texting me back like a friend would, he's obviously scared. Man I hope he doesn't make weight.." Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 10:52 PM
Tom O'Bedlam
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a Rashad fan, I still think he is the guy to beat Jones. Phone Post
1/7/14 11:05 PM
ausgepicht

Rashad believes his own bullshit. Delusion will hold him back from ever getting a title.

Cormier isn't afraid...he's doing the EXACT thing you discussed in your next sentence. How is it not obvious?

1/7/14 11:10 PM
genDAV
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad he's learned to not take the fighting a friend thing too personally lately Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:22 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

Evans takes this if he can pull the trigger. Very cool fight either way.
1/7/14 11:24 PM
brich07

If DC cant take him down I dont see him being to strike with Shad for to long..
. This fight should of been 5 rounds!!! Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:24 PM
brich07

brich07 - If DC cant take him down I dont see him being to strike with Shad for to long..
Being able to* Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:26 PM
Willo232

Cormiers a competitor, come fight night DC won't be scared, homie. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:26 PM
Willo232

brich07 - If DC cant take him down I dont see him being to strike with Shad for to long..
Lol at cant take him down Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:29 PM
brich07

Willo232 -
Rashad isnt a pushover when it comes to wrestling not to mention his Jits that cormier is gonna have to think about to. Granted DC is olympic level wrestler but this is MMA and Rashad is one of the best mma wrestlers there is... So LOL at you my friend Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:31 PM
NiteProwleR
1374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier by wrestle fuck, maybe tko.
1/7/14 11:49 PM
gambatte

Weird article.

“The thing that makes it hard, as well, is that most of the black fighters, we’re all pretty cool with each other,” he said. “We all know each other; we have that same bond and connection, because this is pretty much a white man’s sport. It’s majority white-dominated, and we’re still trying to get our footing in the whole business. When we’ve got to fight each other off first, it sucks.
1/7/14 11:50 PM
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke

Anderson Pettis -
Tom O'Bedlam - Always been a Rashad fan, I still think he is the guy to beat Jones. Phone Post

?

Lmfao Phone Post 3.0
1/7/14 11:53 PM
brich07

gambatte - Weird article.

“The thing that makes it hard, as well, is that most of the black fighters, we’re all pretty cool with each other,” he said. “We all know each other; we have that same bond and connection, because this is pretty much a white man’s sport. It’s majority white-dominated, and we’re still trying to get our footing in the whole business. When we’ve got to fight each other off first, it sucks.
Last time I checked there was only 1 white champion atm Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 12:15 AM
slamming

"Rashad believes his own bullshit. Delusion will hold him back from ever getting a title."

Good thing he already has one then eh?

1/8/14 12:22 AM
Poet of Gore

rashad you are getting fucked up. period. deal with it.

1/8/14 12:26 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 01/08/14 12:27 AM

I think people didn't understand the context of the word 'scared' here. Rashad obviously meant that DC is scared to keep that friend angle open, mostly because it takes away your desire to win. He said as much about himself.

Pretty obvious he didn't mean that DC is afraid of him.

1/8/14 12:41 AM
ausgepicht

Ten eight round - 
ausgepicht -

Rashad believes his own bullshit. Delusion will hold him back from ever getting a title.

Cormier isn't afraid...he's doing the EXACT thing you discussed in your next sentence. How is it not obvious?

Rashad was LHW champ..... Phone Post

No shit Captain Obvious.

GETTING....G-E-T-T-I-N-G. 

1/8/14 12:43 AM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else find it difficult to like Rashad? Idk I've just never been a fan. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 12:54 AM
Willo232

brich07 -
Willo232 -
Rashad isnt a pushover when it comes to wrestling not to mention his Jits that cormier is gonna have to think about to. Granted DC is olympic level wrestler but this is MMA and Rashad is one of the best mma wrestlers there is... So LOL at you my friend Phone Post 3.0
Lol, sorry that little explanation doesn't save you, if Cormier makes the weight fine and performs like he has in the past he can and will take Rashad down whenever he damn well pleases. Rashad likes to move but he also plants his feet and throws combos, Cormier will grab him, pick him up, and throw him down.

Rashad cant headfuck Cormier like he did Davis, Cormier gonna be slamming Rashad like he did Barnett. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 12:56 AM
Willo232

brich07 -
Willo232 -
Not to mention his amazing Jitz he displayed against JBJ when he was on his back huh? Lolol pls tell me a fight where Hashad looked good on his back Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 1:04 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier will take Rashad to school.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.