UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo and Barao sparring together (pics)

1/8/14 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub for that! ^
1/8/14 6:59 PM
Topsyjt
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Great sparring! Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 7:02 PM
BKViper
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -

Romoworthy

MatBattle Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 7:39 PM
FlowWithTheGo
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The pictures I have from Upper are most likely right after these pictures were taken. I went last week as those bags were in the same spot. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:32 AM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Aldo the best striker to come from a grappling background? His tdd too for a BJJ is off the chain.
1/9/14 1:33 AM
Wasa-B

And yeah, pretty crazy that Aldo is a big FW and is likely gonna go to LW soon and Barao does look bigger than him there. Barao is eager to move up to FW when Aldo moves up too.
1/9/14 1:34 AM
Wasa-B

Pretty cool too watching 2 UFC champs in 2 back to back divisions spar in the same gym/camp.
1/9/14 1:56 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Is Aldo the best striker to come from a grappling background? His tdd too for a BJJ is off the chain.
He may have the most complete skillset in MMA history. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:56 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Is Aldo the best striker to come from a grappling background? His tdd too for a BJJ is off the chain.
1/9/14 5:03 AM
Bootsy Collins
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's the louche poseur in the black vest in the backround?
1/9/14 10:18 AM
BrattMamley
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

1/9/14 7:42 PM
UGCTT_SidRival, Rival Fitness 661
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Would love to see him use his bjj in his next fight. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 7:54 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the pictures it looks like Renan is getting the better of the exchanges. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:38 PM
Wasa-B

UGCTT_SidRival, Rival Fitness 661 - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Would love to see him use his bjj in his next fight. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, he's used it briefly in some matches, Zombie and Hominick? Cant remember much but he moves well down there and got some decent positions but dont think any thing serious materialized. I guess he plays it prety loose and non-committal down there and stands back up instead of scrambling.

He did show some good tds vs TKZ when he mixed it up a bit after he hurt his foot.
1/9/14 9:21 PM
RadiO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i see Barao and Aldo being the next two guys to win belts in two division and maybe DJ
1/10/14 1:04 AM
Wasa-B

Edited: 01/10/14 1:04 AM

Aldo did use his ground game to beat and finish Brown to win the WEC belt. He took Brown down, a strong wrestler, and got mount fairly easily and then finished Brown from upright back mount and GNP TKO.

I am thinking now that Aldo may have the most rounded set of elements in terms of atheleticism, skill, speed, power, killer instinct, heart....i guess the only thing he lacks is cardio and perhaps that is because he is too big for FW now. Wonder if how a move to LW improves his cardio and how his other elements still rate at LW.

Cain doesnt have that much striking. He is a strong wrestler.

Jones has a lot of attributes. His reach is obviously big but i think people underestimate the rest of his game. I dont think his attributes are as deep as Aldo.

Anderson was never that strong. You didnt see him power off tds like Aldo, though Anderson's tdd wasnt as weak as people thought.

GSP obviously has many of the above attributes but not the striking power and killer instinct.

Pettis is a killer and athletic and skilled but not as strong as Aldo, esp in areas like tdd.

Barao seems to have many of the same attributes but doesnt seem as skilled in striking as Aldo. I thought he was getting outstruck by Eddie Wineland (who is a real good striker however) but found that spinning kick of course, Barao is def dynamic like Aldo.

Mighty Mouse is showing a lot of this stuff now thought with his KO of Benavidez. He also showed heart and recovery against Dodson after getting rocked.
1/10/14 1:11 AM
OldSchoolMike

These are Nova Uniao fighters. The toughest network of champions.
1/10/14 1:13 AM
inf0
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BKViper - 
Leghound -

Romoworthy

MatBattle Phone Post 3.0

people see what they want to see... 

1/10/14 1:54 AM
SevenLeggedSpider

savage043 - There was a video of them sparring not to long ago. I'm to lazy to find the thread. Phone Post 3.0

Are you also too lazy to PAY UP ON THE BET YOU MADE?

Don't be a WELCHER savage043.  Miesha Tate, 20-1 odds, paypal bet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.