UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda stated she wont be able to throw Sara

1/8/14 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudoknowNothing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@davedoylemma: Ronda: "the way I was able to throw Miesha when she made her shots, I will not be able to do that to Sara" Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 6:16 PM
zackthewop
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She will still be able to throw her. Just not like she did miesha.

Very different than won't be able to throw her at all. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 6:21 PM
NAGA_JIM

Ten eight round - Dana saving his princess after she was pushed last fight.

The thought process was "so Miesha took her deep into the fight and showed some promise.... Better not put Cat in against her then. Who's been fighting average? Sara? Done." Phone Post
This makes no sense. Ronda is not being protected. Cat is still injured. The division is still very thin so dummies like you will always think ronda is ducking tough opponents when the problem is actually a complete lack of opponents Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 6:29 PM
nesdaM
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAGA_JIM - 

The thought process was "so Miesha took her deep into the fight and showed some promise.... Better not put Cat in against her then. Who's been fighting average? Sara? Done." Phone Post
This makes no sense. Ronda is not being protected. Cat is still injured. The division is still very thin so dummies like you will always think ronda is ducking tough opponents when the problem is actually a complete lack of opponents Phone Post 3.0

It's like people don't follow the sport and therefore think Cat is ready.

And before this fight people said Dana was protecting Ronda from Sara and as soon as the fight is made suddenly Sara "isn't ready".
1/8/14 6:33 PM
slamming

Ten eight round - Dana saving his princess after she was pushed last fight.

I'll forgive your ignorance because you're a new follower of this sport.
1/8/14 6:47 PM
Genghis84

slamming - 

I doubt he has even watched most of Cat's fights. Most of her take downs come in the clinch. She's also on record as stating she's not concerned with defending the arm bar. And that Ronda is screwed if she can't arm bar her. Of course Miesha said the same thing before both fights.
1/8/14 8:37 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get this whole ducking/protecting mambo jambo. Ronda wants to stay active, Cat's not ready, they offered her Sara.
1/8/14 8:40 PM
slamming

Ten eight round - 
slamming -

Also, im not a new follower.

How did you decide that? A join date? Yeah, that shows your ignorance.

Sara was a top fighter, but she isn't going to bother Rousey. Since her UFC debut she hasnt been impressive. Also, she won the Invicta fight based on her upcoming UFC contract. Phone Post

I determined your ignorance based on the fact that you think that the UFC is protecting Rousey from a fighter that is, and has been on the shelf with an injury for a while with no return in sight for a while yet.
1/8/14 8:46 PM
fan4000

I'm confused on how you thought she dominated. I though Miesha as whole was dominated less the first fight. Obviously she was quickly finished but she created scrambles and showed promise.

Going into the second fight Miesha had that exact mindset, she felt that she had "got caught" after the second fight there is noway she could ever think that. She was dominated round after round until the finish.

Quick finishes leave hope in the mind of the defeated, but getting your ass beat for 3 rounds doesn't leave much room for doubt. It was the most we have seen Ronda in the cage at once, she put on a Judo clinic and looked more impressive than ever. Phone Post
1/8/14 8:50 PM
Thrustopher

Ten eight round - 
hellride - I don't get this whole ducking/protecting mambo jambo. Ronda wants to stay active, Cat's not ready, they offered her Sara.
So padding is now called staying active? Phone Post

If ronda fights cat after Sara and Alexis Davis wins a fight in that time people will say she's ducking davis.... fighting top 5 contenders is not padding
1/8/14 8:50 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round - 
hellride - I don't get this whole ducking/protecting mambo jambo. Ronda wants to stay active, Cat's not ready, they offered her Sara.

Sorry I always forget how stacked the women's 135 division is.
1/8/14 8:54 PM
MAINMAYNARD

Bellator Fan - Ronda won't get ONE throw on Sara. Phone Post 3.0
I agree probably FIVE OR SIX throws Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 8:58 PM
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I guess we know who UG News is now.

1/8/14 9:19 PM
JudoknowNothing

Folks we are getting off the subject Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 9:20 PM
Thrustopher

who knows I'm not the matchmaker I agree Sara should have1 or 2 more fights before ronda but I don't see this match as ronda being protected
1/8/14 9:23 PM
Thrustopher

JudoknowNothing - Folks we are getting off the subject Phone Post 3.0

Came to say ronda said she wouldn't be able to throw Sara when she shoots not that she wouldn't be able to throw her at all... someone beat me to it
1/8/14 9:27 PM
Genghis84

Ten eight round - 
Thrustopher -
Ten eight round - 

If ronda fights cat after Sara and Alexis Davis wins a fight in that time people will say she's ducking davis.... fighting top 5 contenders is not padding
I understand others will always be in line.

But IMO Sara shouldn't be in the line at all.
Is there a legit reason Davis didn't get the nod? Phone Post

Are you new to MMA? It's called marketability ($$$). Did Miesha deserve to fight Ronda before Alexis? Did Diaz deserve to fight GSP before Hendricks? Did Sonnen deserve to fight Jones? How about Randy's multiple gifted title shots? Were those all earned? Nope. Like it or not, merit means very little in this sport.
1/8/14 9:55 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be shocked if Sara had never touched horse meat, even once, in her life.

1/8/14 9:55 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be shocked if Sara had never touched horse meat, even once, in her life.

1/8/14 10:13 PM
Thrustopher

The Olympian v Olympian thing is pretty marketable
1/8/14 10:18 PM
Genghis84

Ten eight round - 
Genghis84 -
Ten eight round - 
Thrustopher -
Ten eight round - 

Are you new to MMA? It's called marketability ($$$). Did Miesha deserve to fight Ronda before Alexis? Did Diaz deserve to fight GSP before Hendricks? Did Sonnen deserve to fight Jones? How about Randy's multiple gifted title shots? Were those all earned? Nope. Like it or not, merit means very little in this sport.
What the fuck is marketable about Mcmann? Anything at all? Really?

Alexis Davis has merit and is much nicer to the eyes Phone Post

You can't be serious. They're both Olympic medalists and undefeated in MMA. They can play it up as a battle of styles (elite judo vs elite wrestling). I'm expecting them to touch on the whole bad girl vs good girl angle as well. This match up is certainly more interesting than Rousey/Tate. I mean what was the justification for that fight? Other than them hating each other?
1/8/14 10:22 PM
QuadAces
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudoknowNothing - Folks we are getting off the subject Phone Post 3.0
What is the subject? The fact that your thread title is bullshit? Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 10:24 PM
SRTGEO

Bellator Fan - Ronda won't get ONE throw on Sara. Phone Post 3.0

haha
1/8/14 10:33 PM
Genghis84

Regarding Alexis, I'm curious why people are certain she would beat Ronda. She had Sarah Kaufman on the ground for three minutes, and wasn't even close to submitting her. Her fight with Rosi Sexton was absolutely embarrassing. She dominated Carmouche, but wasn't close to finishing her in 3 rounds. Yet she's this nightmare match up for Ronda and is going to submit her with ease?
1/8/14 10:39 PM
Genghis84

Ten eight round - 
Genghis84 -
Ten eight round - 
Genghis84 -
Ten eight round - 
Thrustopher -
Ten eight round - 

What the fuck is marketable about Mcmann? Anything at all? Really?

Alexis Davis has merit and is much nicer to the eyes Phone Post

You can't be serious. They're both Olympic medalists and undefeated in MMA. They can play it up as a battle of styles (elite judo vs elite wrestling). I'm expecting them to touch on the whole bad girl vs good girl angle as well. This match up is certainly more interesting than Rousey/Tate. I mean what was the justification for that fight? Other than them hating each other?
Undefeated in a new and as already mentioned, shallow division.

Style vs stylesis dead.

Good girl v bad girl.... Really, these kind of fans want that angle played on? That gets them pumped for a fight?

I'd always rather watch two people who hate each other. No need for manufactured promos. Phone Post

Sorry, I found the whole Rousey/Tate feud dull. It was stupid to put their new division/champ on hold for such a completely pointless fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.