UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE Bigleagued UFC with WWE Network

1/8/14 11:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NFABeeJay
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm def in for this and haven't watched wrestling since 2003. However, I did buy wrestlemania 2 years ago when Undertaker put Triple H in a shitty triangle choke. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:18 PM
the islander
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B

R

A

VINCE

O

1/8/14 11:18 PM
NFABeeJay
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, Vince has enough money to gamble this three times over. If he woke up tomorrow with Dana's money he'd go jump off a bridge! Have to spend money to make money. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:20 PM
MediumRareMistake
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow wwe is baussssy Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:21 PM
Bruham
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
RockyBullwinkle - UFC should have waited until the Fight Pass was ready. Guess there thinking was they'll make money off while beta testing.

Zuffa went first because fightpass would have been smashed if it followed wwe's offering.

Wouldn't you say it still will of people at down and compared the two? Regardless of whether you're a wrestling fan or an mma fan, with the same price point, and seeing what you get on each service. Even someone who is a fan of neither can look at and draw the same conclusions as to which service is a better value. And that same person could ask the same obvious questions of "why can this provide this but not the other?" Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:23 PM
Brigham
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King of Akron - pretty cool for the WWE, problem is nobody watches wrestling anymore besides little kids, hell nobody even talks about wrestling anymore unless the Rock shows up.
.... you do realize it's worth over a billion dollars yes? That is not 'a problem' Phone Post
1/8/14 11:24 PM
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/8/14 11:25 PM
The Destroyer88

Best part is it's all going to be uncut and uncensored! Boy have I been waiting to relive the moment when Mae Young flashed the world, now in 720p HQ!
1/8/14 11:27 PM
JerodR
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And this is why Dana had an admiration for business men like Vince McMahon. Like wrestling or not the WWE just made the UFC look pretty damn bad. That is an outstanding deal and that is how you bring in more viewers and grow your fan base. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:27 PM
Chris27

Thats a great deal.  I stopped watching wrestling when I got hair on my balls but if I was a fan still I'd def get that shit.  Makes sense to put all non Wrestlemania PPV on it since those other shows dont do much.  And you get all past shows.  WWE has a huge library from 30 years, multiple shows a week.

thats a great deal for wrestling fans. 

1/8/14 11:28 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King of Akron - pretty cool for the WWE, problem is nobody watches wrestling anymore besides little kids, hell nobody even talks about wrestling anymore unless the Rock shows up.
But guys like me who watched in the 90's and are grown up now with $9.99/mo to shit down the toilet will subscribe to watch old events.

$9.99 is hardly lunch these days. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:29 PM
NFABeeJay

They still sell out arenas quite often. Someone's watching it buddy! Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:30 PM
NFABeeJay

PrestigeWorldwide -
But guys like me who watched in the 90's and are grown up now with $9.99/mo to shit down the toilet will subscribe to watch old events.

$9.99 is hardly lunch these days. Phone Post 3.0
This! Huge fan from 89-03. Be sweet to go back and watch certain events. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:31 PM
stevekt
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This actually sounds quite impressive.
1/8/14 11:33 PM
BackOffWarchild
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to join just so I can go back and watch the dying days of WCW. Remember when they'd give a juiced-up Scott Steiner a mic and let him rip into Ric Flair? Lulz will be had. Or the horrible WCW PPVs? SHEEEEEEEEEEIT. I'm in.
1/8/14 11:34 PM
RUSRedDevil
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed the classics on demand I'm so in its not even funny Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:34 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Def better. UFC should have a premium fight pass tier that includes PPVs. Say $25 a month. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:42 PM
The Destroyer88

Just to give an idea of how much programming the WWE owns:

60+ years of WWE(CWF, WWWF, WWF, WWE)
40+ years of AWA
40+ years of GCW
10+ years of ECW
40+ years of Stampede
70 years of JCP/NWA/WCW
20+ years of WCCW
65 years of Maple leaf

not to mention OVW, DSW, FCW, UPW, and I'm pretty sure they just bought another big library recently but it escapes me at the moment.
1/8/14 11:48 PM
NFABeeJay

Stigga - Def better. UFC should have a premium fight pass tier that includes PPVs. Say $25 a month. Phone Post 3.0
UFC is too greedy for that. They want their money now just incase it all comes crashing down and if that's the case it'll be "see ya, I'm cashing out" for Dana.

I would assume this is smaller risk than the XFL incident. lol. The UFC now don't take risk and that's odd cause of the one risk they did take(TUF) they got huge!

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:53 PM
RKing85
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be getting the WWE Network.

Never going to be getting Fight Pass.
1/9/14 12:00 AM
RyannVonDoom

NFABeeJay -
Stigga - Def better. UFC should have a premium fight pass tier that includes PPVs. Say $25 a month. Phone Post 3.0
UFC is too greedy for that. They want their money now just incase it all comes crashing down and if that's the case it'll be "see ya, I'm cashing out" for Dana.

I would assume this is smaller risk than the XFL incident. lol. The UFC now don't take risk and that's odd cause of the one risk they did take(TUF) they got huge!

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0
Fuck off.. The xfl was excellent but the mistake they made was going head to head with the nfl.

The wwe just raped zuffa. Deal with it folks. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:01 AM
The Destroyer88

circa305 - Imagine having access to WWEs physical library :0

I wonder how much of it they have converted and uploaded to hard drives.

At launch it will only have 1,500 hours of their over 100,000 hour library. So while you're getting a lot, you won't have 1% of their entire library.
1/9/14 12:02 AM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PPV Included... That's how winning is done fuck face!

Props to WWE Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:16 AM
angryguy
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems too good to be true. That's the way to do it. Nostalgia will draw new fans. Ill buy just to be able to watch prime Wcw at will. And hope i don't get drawn in to current Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:27 AM
RJB
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryguy - Seems too good to be true. That's the way to do it. Nostalgia will draw new fans. Ill buy just to be able to watch prime Wcw at will. And hope i don't get drawn in to current Phone Post 3.0
This. So many people will do the same, then you start watching the PPV's just coz you can and before you know it your quite enjoying it and don't wanna cancel the subscription.

Brilliant business tactic Vince. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.