60+ years of WWE(CWF, WWWF, WWF, WWE)
40+ years of AWA
40+ years of GCW
10+ years of ECW
40+ years of Stampede
70 years of JCP/NWA/WCW
20+ years of WCCW
65 years of Maple leaf

not to mention OVW, DSW, FCW, UPW, and I'm pretty sure they just bought another big library recently but it escapes me at the moment.
1/8/14 11:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NFABeeJay
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stigga - Def better. UFC should have a premium fight pass tier that includes PPVs. Say $25 a month. Phone Post 3.0
UFC is too greedy for that. They want their money now just incase it all comes crashing down and if that's the case it'll be "see ya, I'm cashing out" for Dana.

I would assume this is smaller risk than the XFL incident. lol. The UFC now don't take risk and that's odd cause of the one risk they did take(TUF) they got huge!

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:53 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be getting the WWE Network.

Never going to be getting Fight Pass.
1/8/14 11:55 PM
circa305
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine having access to WWEs physical library :0

I wonder how much of it they have converted and uploaded to hard drives.
1/9/14 12:00 AM
RyannVonDoom

NFABeeJay -
Stigga - Def better. UFC should have a premium fight pass tier that includes PPVs. Say $25 a month. Phone Post 3.0
UFC is too greedy for that. They want their money now just incase it all comes crashing down and if that's the case it'll be "see ya, I'm cashing out" for Dana.

I would assume this is smaller risk than the XFL incident. lol. The UFC now don't take risk and that's odd cause of the one risk they did take(TUF) they got huge!

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0
Fuck off.. The xfl was excellent but the mistake they made was going head to head with the nfl.

The wwe just raped zuffa. Deal with it folks. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:01 AM
The Destroyer88

circa305 - Imagine having access to WWEs physical library :0

I wonder how much of it they have converted and uploaded to hard drives.

At launch it will only have 1,500 hours of their over 100,000 hour library. So while you're getting a lot, you won't have 1% of their entire library.
1/9/14 12:02 AM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PPV Included... That's how winning is done fuck face!

Props to WWE Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:16 AM
angryguy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems too good to be true. That's the way to do it. Nostalgia will draw new fans. Ill buy just to be able to watch prime Wcw at will. And hope i don't get drawn in to current Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:27 AM
RJB
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryguy - Seems too good to be true. That's the way to do it. Nostalgia will draw new fans. Ill buy just to be able to watch prime Wcw at will. And hope i don't get drawn in to current Phone Post 3.0
This. So many people will do the same, then you start watching the PPV's just coz you can and before you know it your quite enjoying it and don't wanna cancel the subscription.

Brilliant business tactic Vince. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:59 AM
NFABeeJay
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom -
NFABeeJay -

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0
Fuck off.. The xfl was excellent but the mistake they made was going head to head with the nfl.

The wwe just raped zuffa. Deal with it folks. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck Off? For agreeing that Vince is a genius and the XFL financial mistake still didn't hurt him as much as it would have others? Business wise WWE > UFC.

You Fuck off! lol Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:06 AM
JimmersonzGlove
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for a Bad News Brown marathon. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:10 AM
zackthewop
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to watch all the royal rumbles and old Ecw events.

Relive the nwo and dx.

Watch mankind vs undertaker.

Most importantly get to see GLACIER

Haven't watched wrestling in almost 15 years but this sounds like fun. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:21 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Really comparing the two is similar in the regards with both you are getting full access to the library, 12 live shows a year (UFC you don't get PPV but overseas cards) and original programming. I don't see the big difference.

UFC CRUSHES WWE in PPV sales and it wouldn't make sense for UFC to offer this to fans. Maybe someday give it a two tiered Fight Pass subscription.

One being $10 which gets you full access to library, overseas cards, and original programming (TUF).

One being $20 which includes all the above and every PPV.

I could see UFC eventually doing that as they only get $25-30 now per PPV so locking someone in a 6-12 month contract at $10 extra per month might be worth it.
1/9/14 1:23 AM

The Destroyer88 - Best part is it's all going to be uncut and uncensored! Boy have I been waiting to relive the moment when Mae Young flashed the world, now in 720p HQ!

You do know Mae Young was taken off life support tonight, :(
1/9/14 1:25 AM

NFABeeJay - Also, Vince has enough money to gamble this three times over. If he woke up tomorrow with Dana's money he'd go jump off a bridge! Have to spend money to make money. Phone Post 3.0

You do realize WWE is a public company so he is not really risking his own money. He sold a bunch of his stock but still owns a decent amount. I believe his current net worth is around $600,000,000.00 which is FAR LESS then either of the Fertitta brothers but more then Dana.
1/9/14 1:28 AM

NFABeeJay - 

Hmmm Phone Post 3.0

I think they will eventually offer two tiers, one for $10 and one for $20-$25 which includes the PPVs. My guess is they are waiting to see what happens with Fox as I have a hunch the UFC will eventually be out of the PPV business.
1/9/14 1:29 AM

On a side note, the WWE has been working on this for like 3-4 years. UFC just started theirs and launched it in a hurry, give them time and they will both be impressive.
1/9/14 1:36 AM
NFABeeJay

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
NFABeeJay - Also, Vince has enough money to gamble this three times over. If he woke up tomorrow with Dana's money he'd go jump off a bridge! Have to spend money to make money. Phone Post 3.0

You do realize WWE is a public company so he is not really risking his own money. He sold a bunch of his stock but still owns a decent amount. I believe his current net worth is around $600,000,000.00 which is FAR LESS then either of the Fertitta brothers but more then Dana.
I could of swore he hit the billion status years ago. No? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:40 AM
RyannVonDoom

NFABeeJay -

He's in zuffa damage control mode. He'll downplay everything they do. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:48 AM
DFWcholesterol

It's on purpose, Vince wants Dana v himself at wrestlemania winner gets rights to Brock. It's no coincidence they released these at the same time. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:48 AM

RyannVonDoom - 
NFABeeJay -

He's in zuffa damage control mode. He'll downplay everything they do. Phone Post 3.0

Ryan, that's not true at all. How is stating a FACT considered damage control mode?

Yes he was a billionaire at one point but his current net worth is around $600 million last time I read about it which wasn't that long ago. WWE stock is going back up in the past few months but he spent something like $100 million on Lindas two campaigns and his family sold a bunch of their stock. He should be somewhere between 500mil - 800mil right now though. Sure he can get back to a billionaire again at some point before he passes on.
1/9/14 2:34 AM
MMALOGIC

Bruham - 
MMALOGIC -
RockyBullwinkle - UFC should have waited until the Fight Pass was ready. Guess there thinking was they'll make money off while beta testing.

Zuffa went first because fightpass would have been smashed if it followed wwe's offering.

Wouldn't you say it still will of people at down and compared the two? Regardless of whether you're a wrestling fan or an mma fan, with the same price point, and seeing what you get on each service. Even someone who is a fan of neither can look at and draw the same conclusions as to which service is a better value. And that same person could ask the same obvious questions of "why can this provide this but not the other?" Phone Post 3.0

wwe's ppv revenus is around half so it doesnt take much to replace that.  Zuffa would need alot more than 9.99/mo and a million subscribers to replace its ppv revenue.

If Zuffa announced after, the bitching and comparison would have been made before people signed up...    People are bitching now but a good chunk already signed up.  announcing before was the lesser of 2 evils.

Id rather go to market with a worse offering first than a worse offering last.

WWE;s product certainly offers more for wwe fans than UFC's product offers UFC fans.  No doubt, It's significant.  At this point the purpose for both products are different and no matter what, Zuffa's offering was always going to look worse...

For the short term ZUffa is just using this network to park new content until its TV partners buys them... Zuffa doesnt need more than 100k subscribers or even 40k subscribers to fulfill that purpose.  WWE needs around a  million subscribers to break even (replace ppv revenue, costs of network, etc...) so they have to create a platform to service that.

Besides being a parking lot for new and old content Zuffa's product is more of a hedge incase bundling goes away and/or ppv dies. 

WWE needed to replace it's ppv model because it was dying and for them this make more sense.

It's not clear yet whether Zuffa will need this digital network to replace ppv revenue or its TV rights fees or both or just as leverage to get a joint venture with it's TV partners like fox.  Once that's clear then we'll see how Zuffa starts building and positioning this product.

WWE's ppv revenue is half of zuffas, so this can work for them.    They have the volume to not only get a million subscribers but likely more.  Zuffa would not be able to make 9.99/mo work unlss ppv dies.  maybe14.95/mo could work for zuffa... but again that all depends on what the UFC digital network would be replacing (ppv revenue? fox revenue?  both?  neither?)

1/9/14 2:37 AM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC copied Tough Enough by the WWE when they came up with the Ultimate Fighter. They even put it in the same time slot right after RAW to pick up new viewers. The UFC then copied the PPV model as well.

The way it stands the Fight Pass looks absolutely horrible when compared to what the WWE is offering however if history repeats itself UFC will step up to the plate and offer something a bit more competitive. Even at $20 a month for a complete UFC package it would sell heavily.

The rumor is that the WWE needs to hit around 1 million subscribers to break even. If UFC offered the same package for $20 I'm sure they would easily break 500,000 subscribers and make some good money. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:40 AM
huggy bear

I haven't watched wrestling for years but I might get this to watch the old wwf,wcw,ecw shows. This is really good shits in the fight pass Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:40 AM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of people that have signed up for fight pass now means absolutely nothing. It has zero value because they don't have to pay for it yet. The real question is going to be how many people still have it 30 days after they start paying. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.