UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE Bigleagued UFC with WWE Network

1/9/14 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mariooo1UP
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still can't believe the price of 9.99 includes PPVs lol... Oh fight pass Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 4:19 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild -
Evzey - This will actually make the WWE a shot load of money for the reasons mentioned.

Chasing a higher % profit from the get go isn't always the best way to make the most money. Who in goods name do the UFC employ? Seriously nobody there seems to understand how marketing works Phone Post 3.0

Remember when the UFC had a meeting with Shane MacMahon a couple years back regarding television marketing and merchandising sales? They couldn't come to terms on an agreement, but it's said Shane-O-Mac blew them away with his knowledge in marketing and demographics. Imagine if the UFC opened their checkbook and hired the guy?
Should certainly hire somebody. Basing it in the UK marker zuffa dropped the ball by not getting sky sports onboard. Setanta\ESPN may have offered more cash but sky sports with have grown the sport massively

Seems zuffa always choose the short term gain rather than looking at the potential future gains Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 5:33 AM
NFABeeJay
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for the Jushin Thunder Liger and Brian Pillman rivalry! Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 6:19 AM
SOO72
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disagree with those who would pay $30 or even $20 a month for a UFC package like this. The UFC has probably not even 5% of the WWE's library. They hit the bullseye at $10 a month with PPV included. That is how you hook your fans.

1/10/14 6:31 AM
BigTedBear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sky in the UK were not even interested in the UFC this was widely reported at the time which does seem strange however senior management at Sky did not like the sport. Perhaps moving forward things might change but for all we often laugh at wrasslin Vince has always been innovative and sells there product so well. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 6:35 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE son'ed the shit outa UFC

1/10/14 7:50 AM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE is on a Pope Francisco mission to bring former fans back into the fold. This will work

Honky Tonk Man, brah

1/10/14 8:23 AM
stonepony

People pay money to watch fake wrestling?... Intentionally?
1/10/14 8:26 AM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - People pay money to watch fake wrestling?... Intentionally?

The outcome to Brock-Mark Henry is no more scripted than the outcome to Brock-Overeem. 

Open your eyes. Did you even watch Pride?

If you did, your statement is even more retarded.

1/10/14 9:23 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

The network was a great move by the WWE. If the UFC were smarter they wouldn't have rushed theirs. I can't see it lasting especially after hearing some of the customer support issues that UG'ers are having. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 9:26 AM
beasly213
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the thing about jokes.... they need to be funny.
1/10/14 9:34 AM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - Is WWE really offering the full library?

All WWF/WWE & WCW PPVs from all time?

I haven't read all 8 pages, so maybe this has been covered.

In addition to WWF/E and WCW, you get access to all ECW and some territory shows, too.

Fuck yes.
1/10/14 9:39 AM
Bobby Lupo

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - The network was a great move by the WWE. If the UFC were smarter they wouldn't have rushed theirs. I can't see it lasting especially after hearing some of the customer support issues that UG'ers are having. Phone Post 3.0

If the UFC were smarter, they wouldn't be the UFC

1/10/14 9:40 AM
Granpa
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is fantastic for Wrasslin fans. But I must say, their visual design department needs a makeover. Red and black, gradients everywhere, so 1990. Just saying.
1/10/14 10:25 AM
stonepony

Bobby Lupo - 

The outcome to Brock-Mark Henry is no more scripted than the outcome to Brock-Overeem. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u01hy2g1KmM/UQprUz91LcI/AAAAAAAAHKk/b1vS6rfkUOg/s320/Judge%2BJudy%2Beyeroll.gif
1/10/14 10:53 AM
RyannVonDoom

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - The network was a great move by the WWE. If the UFC were smarter they wouldn't have rushed theirs. I can't see it lasting especially after hearing some of the customer support issues that UG'ers are having. Phone Post 3.0
They always look at short term goals, not long term. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 11:11 AM
Bobby Lupo

stonepony - 
Bobby Lupo - 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u01hy2g1KmM/UQprUz91LcI/AAAAAAAAHKk/b1vS6rfkUOg/s320/Judge%2BJudy%2Beyeroll.gif

Is that supposed to be funny?

If it is...you failed. Keep trying, strunzo

1/10/14 2:54 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Wow...I didn't realize they were including wrestlemania 30 on the network. This is a big fucking win for wrestling fans. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:09 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - I'm def getting this shit. Wow! Phone Post 3.0
Same. Mostly for the old shit but I would never buy a ppv from the WWE anyway so they're making more off me than they used to.

That said, I'll probably start watching the ppvs now too. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:12 PM
RyannVonDoom

Fuck man.. I can't wait for this.. the 24th needs to hurry up and get here. 

1/10/14 3:16 PM
stonepony

Bobby Lupo - 
stonepony - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Wretard Wrestling is for 12 year olds, or people with the IQ of 12 year olds. Embarrassing, if you're an adult.
1/10/14 3:18 PM
dabigchet

there are 2 things to consider, i think.

1. the legal agreements in place. WWE may be in a position to include content and show PPVs on their network whereas the UFC is not. this could be because WWE was smarter about how they did business, or it could be that being so established has allowed them to get better deals over the years, or some combination.

2. i think the WWE and the UFC know how many PPVs a typical customer orders in a year. it may be the case where it makes more financial sense for the WWE to give all of them for $120 but that same decision does not make sense for the UFC. WWE buyrates are much smaller than UFC, and each evet costs much less to put on, i woudl think. even still, if UFC had twice the cost ($20) for a PPV subscription, I think most UFC fans would absolutely jump on that.

either way the difference in value between the two services is staggering. i look forward to dana getting pushed on this point and seeing what kind of answer he can possibly provide.
1/10/14 3:20 PM
Bobby Lupo

stonepony - 
Bobby Lupo - 
stonepony - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Wretard Wrestling is for 12 year olds, or people with the IQ of 12 year olds. Embarrassing, if you're an adult.

I'm 33, bro and I live in my parents' house. I have a sick man cave.

The renting man is a sucker. 

1/10/14 3:21 PM
stonepony

Sounds about right...
1/10/14 3:37 PM
Bobby Lupo

Bro, you got a Class Cave like this for UFC or WWE PPV? Bang a broad and EZ cleanup. Hot Soup

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.