UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> NM fighter may face prosecution for home defense

1/9/14 9:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattBFD
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was self defense the moment they entered his home! Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 9:14 AM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is saddening and maddening.

1/9/14 11:33 AM
Darup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The liberals need to wake up and stop resisting castle doctrine laws. Phone Post
1/9/14 11:49 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Land of the free Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:54 AM
fingers 'n' teeth
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is insane, its getting like Britain's absurd self defense law's.

You turn up to someones house and invade with a weapon and expect lethal force in return.

He was even threatened over the phone prior to it.

I can only hope that i don't ever find myself in Torrez situation but if i ever do i can only hope I have his fortitude.
1/9/14 1:05 PM
chawkins
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheTeaFactory - Who would want this guy prosecuted?!? He killed a criminal that was trying to harm his family! That's hero status right there. Phone Post 3.0

An overzealous prosecutor looking to pad his resume, that's who.
1/9/14 1:14 PM
Snayke13
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSDbestbreed - “Was there the appearance of immediate danger?”

What?, like 4 intruders in his home, in the middle of the night? While He, his Wife, Sister and child were present? Not to mention 2 of the known gang member intruders were armed with a knife and a baseball bat shank!! Naw, no immediate danger here. They stopped by unannounced for tea and fucking crumpets...

Jesus, is this real life? This man should be applauded and revered. Charges? Because he's adept at MMA, and capable of defending his family and himself? Thaaaaaa fuck outta here.

Its disgusting the threat of charges are even being considered.
Agreed.
Rediculous. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:15 PM
Lux Fixxins

I hope the guy doesn't get charged. In fact, I wish he would've killed all 4.

I also hope this is a lesson that being a loser who hangs out with other losers can carry real consequences. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:40 PM
Haulport

It has always sickened me that so many states (like NY) tell you you need to retreat and not protect your property or other family members and hide in a closet before using force to defend yourself against criminals trying to harm you, your family and your property.

I don't know if there is any evidence MORE clear of liberals trying to create an environment of dependence on government and fear amongst the middle-class and lower class...
1/9/14 1:41 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anunaki - This is fucking sickening and makes me sad to be american.

Reasonable force? You come into my house looking to intimidate me with your backup homeboys you get whatever you got coming, period. At least those scumbags had a fighting chance. Thats MUCH more than they would have gotten from me. All i got for em is buckshot.

My family means a fuckload more to me than your ability to continue breathing. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU

4 men entered his home with bad intentions... 3 are lucky they lived IMO.

1/9/14 1:44 PM
Lux Fixxins

KingofBJJ -

Why is this a suprise, you don't have 100% ability to do anything you want in your house.  Everyone should know that self defense is not always an excuse.

We don't know how he was killed, and yes that makes a difference.

Fuck you. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:49 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calm down kids.

My guess is that the DA is basically certain that charges aren't going to be forthcoming, but he wants an investigation done first.  Until that's complete, then it's *possible* (albeit not *likely*) that charges could be filed. 

The public official here is just covering his bases when speaking on a topic about which he is unclear on the facts.  The last thing he wants to do is praise this guy as hero only to find out that this was all part of a botched drug deal or something for which Torrez was largely responsible. 

Just give it a few weeks and if Torrez is not responsible, then I expect there will be no charges. 

1/9/14 1:54 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Government is fucked. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:03 PM
BTTMike
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are getting trolled by the media. There is no way the prosecutor brings the guy up on charges.

There is a timetable in which the case is investigated, and thay is simply what is going on here.

Again, unless new astounding evidence is shown that he used more than reasonable force, he wont be charged with shit. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:11 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - 
MTH - 

Calm down kids.

My guess is that the DA is basically certain that charges aren't going to be forthcoming, but he wants an investigation done first.  Until that's complete, then it's *possible* (albeit not *likely*) that charges could be filed. 

The public official here is just covering his bases when speaking on a topic about which he is unclear on the facts.  The last thing he wants to do is praise this guy as hero only to find out that this was all part of a botched drug deal or something for which Torrez was largely responsible. 

Just give it a few weeks and if Torrez is not responsible, then I expect there will be no charges. 

But that wouldn't give us a chance to get angry at something that hasn't even happened or question a process we don't understand.

We don't take kindly to folks talking sense around here.

True, true . . . I was going out on a limb, I know.

The media is happy to report on nearly anything, but there's so much that's got to be up in the air from an investigation standpoint.  The alleged intruders were apparently affiliated with a gang, so how can investigators trust anything they're saying, assuming they're saying anything at all?  Torrez isn't cooperating, which is fine but certainly doesn't help clarify matters.  The fiance could be totally clueless, or totally clued in and fabricating details.  The sister was, supposedly, involved in whatever the original dispute was, so her story needs to be viewed with some skepticism.  Etc.

I rather doubt exactly what happened and who's at fault is quite as clear as it's being made out to be.  This could've been a bad drug deal, or even a calculated "hit" on the guy who was killed.  Or maybe it is absolutely a case of self-defense and Torrez should be hailed as a hero.

We have no idea, and neither does the DA.  Once an investigation is concluded, the police and DA should have a pretty good idea of exactly what occured and whether self-defense applies to Torrez's actions.  Everybody just needs to calm down. 

1/9/14 2:14 PM
Sur2eaL
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That DA is a fucking parasite of life. I hope in NM there is public out cry and that trash of a human gets at least suspended. All that faggot is doing is trying to make a name for himself. I'm fucking flabbergasted that someone would even hint this guy did something wrong.

I mean for fucksake, he took the knife AWAY FROM THE GUY WHO WAS GOING TO USE IT ON HIM! Not to even mention the other 3 punks. There's no doubt in my mind this dude would be deceased right now if he didn't do exactly what he did. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:28 PM
MTH

Sur2eaL - That DA is a fucking parasite of life. I hope in NM there is public out cry and that trash of a human gets at least suspended. All that faggot is doing is trying to make a name for himself. I'm fucking flabbergasted that someone would even hint this guy did something wrong.

I mean for fucksake, he took the knife AWAY FROM THE GUY WHO WAS GOING TO USE IT ON HIM! Not to even mention the other 3 punks. There's no doubt in my mind this dude would be deceased right now if he didn't do exactly what he did. Phone Post 3.0

Read my posts above.

You have no idea whether anything stated in your response is true.  It may be . . . or it may not.  We've got an apparent home invasion, a death, gang members, and an undisclosed prior dispute.  Who the heck knows exactly what happened, and who's story can you trust?

What should be done in such a scenario?  Authorities should probably speak with everybody who spoke with anyone who was involved in the day or so before the attack.  They should probably also seek cell phone records to see who called who, and when.  The should interview everyone present at the attack, and see whether anyone's stories don't match . . . or whether they match TOO well.  After a week or so of doing that, they'll probably have a pretty darn good idea of exactly what happened, to whom, when, and why. 

Ahh . . . but maybe they shouldn't bother.  After all, conducting such an "investigation" makes them a "fucking parasite of life."  They obviously should instead just assume the tale as reported by the media is true, and act accordingly. 

1/9/14 5:04 PM
Lux Fixxins

I personally feel if someone is willing to break into house, then they intend to kill me.

I had a false alarm scare once and I flat out told my wife I was going to kill the guy while he called the cops.

Turns out... It was sugar gliders. Ha! Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 6:32 PM
ranier wolfcastle
991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the city should hire him to kill all their violent repeat offender gang menbers. and pay him well

1/9/14 6:45 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems normal that they would look into the story of why he was targeted and see if there was a prior relationship. When I first read about it the facts were cloudy and it sounded like maybe Torrez was involved with these guys somehow. The cops wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't look into it throughly.

I see MTH has covered it thoroughly above.
1/10/14 12:57 AM
Sur2eaL

MTH -
Sur2eaL - That DA is a fucking parasite of life. I hope in NM there is public out cry and that trash of a human gets at least suspended. All that faggot is doing is trying to make a name for himself. I'm fucking flabbergasted that someone would even hint this guy did something wrong.

Read my posts above.

You have no idea whether anything stated in your response is true.  It may be . . . or it may not.  We've got an apparent home invasion, a death, gang members, and an undisclosed prior dispute.  Who the heck knows exactly what happened, and who's story can you trust?

What should be done in such a scenario?  Authorities should probably speak with everybody who spoke with anyone who was involved in the day or so before the attack.  They should probably also seek cell phone records to see who called who, and when.  The should interview everyone present at the attack, and see whether anyone's stories don't match . . . or whether they match TOO well.  After a week or so of doing that, they'll probably have a pretty darn good idea of exactly what happened, to whom, when, and why. 

Ahh . . . but maybe they shouldn't bother.  After all, conducting such an "investigation" makes them a "fucking parasite of life."  They obviously should instead just assume the tale as reported by the media is true, and act accordingly. 

Hi Mark D'Antonio Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:05 AM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he gets nothing for this except fame.
1/10/14 2:00 AM
pattitude
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 vs. 1 + Protecting your family = License to kill every one of those pricks!
1/10/14 7:48 AM
Osbot

pattitude - 4 vs. 1 + Protecting your family = License to kill every one of those pricks!

Except it isn't.

It's license to protect your family as long as the family and you are threatened. The moment that threat no longer exists, you don't have the right to kill them.

You might disagree with it, but that is the law just about everywhere.

I waded in on this earlier and the scenario I highlighted is what I think probably happened.

Dudes broke in, got their asses kicked and they tried to bail. One dude got caught or couldn't vacate and got stomped the fuck out.

Whether or not you think he deserved to die isn't really relevant. At some point after the immediate threat ends, a confrontation where you are the defender transitions to you being the attacker.

Where we draw that line is probably what this investigation is about.
1/10/14 9:54 AM
FreightTrain

The United States is a shadow of what it once was.

I'm not saying that you have the right to torture someone who breaks into your home but for the vast majority of instances, the victim/home owner must be protected.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.