UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Tate's handshake just for cameras

1/9/14 3:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudoknowNothing
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RondaHonda'dmymangina3744 -

Thanks Pittbull. Voted Up Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:07 PM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Miesha is really the better person, then why did she try and rally her twitter fanbase to harass some gas station attendant over a pickle?

Who does that kind of shit?

Oh, crazy self absorbed chickas, thats who.
1/9/14 3:46 PM
KingofCommonSense
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda...You poor, illiterate, sad, uneducated, ungrammatical, unsportswomanlike, excuse-making, no-responsibility-taking, immature woman. You don't know what's in a person's mind, and certainly didn't, in the spur and heat of the moment, come to that decision when her hand was offered. Grow up, little girl. There's more to life than knowing how to use an arm bar. Really, there is.
1/9/14 4:03 PM
Genghis84

blakemp - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Genghis84 - She's right. Miesha didn't try to shake her hand after the first fight. Don't remember her congratulating Zingano either. It was all done for the cameras to make Miesha look like the bigger person.
This Phone Post 3.0

Maybe you don't remember, but Miesha didn't tap in the first fight. Do you expect her to pop right up with a dislocated arm and shake Ronda's hand? And Miesha was really upset at that outrageous stoppage against Cat. I guess being a serious fan of anyone can kind of give you tunnel vision.

Miesha did tap. The funny thing is that she was bragging before the first fight that she had the perfect game plan. That Ronda wouldn't be able to mount or armbar her. That Ronda wasn't a real fighter, and she would expose all her. Then after she lost? Nothing but excuses. And lame talk about how she was winning the fight up to the point that she got subbed. How is that classy?
1/9/14 4:11 PM
Genghis84

iDaz - 
Genghis84 - She's right. Miesha didn't try to shake her hand after the first fight. Don't remember her congratulating Zingano either. It was all done for the cameras to make Miesha look like the bigger person.
It worked. Phone Post 3.0

It may have worked for superficial fans like yourself. Miesha doesn't respect Ronda on any level. Miesha made the comment before the fight that she wanted to beat Ronda so badly that she left the sport for good. Imagine if Gus said that before the Jones fight. What if Weidman said he wanted to permanently retire Anderson and then shook his hand afterwards? You would probably see the dude as a total phony.
1/9/14 4:13 PM
Genghis84

torquemada - 
I think meisha was distracted after the first fight... Phone Post

Must have been distracted after the Zingano fight too? I don't remember her congratulating Cat in any interviews afterwards. Was probably too busy whining about how the fight was stopped too early, and Winslow needed to be fired.
1/9/14 4:42 PM
json123

Edited: 01/09/14 4:44 PM
"We're talking about handshakes. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about handshakes, not the fight, not the fight, not the fight, but we're talking about handshakes. Not the fight that I go out there and die for and fight every fight like it's my last but we're talking about handshakes man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about handshakes. We're talking about handshakes man. We're talking about handshakes. We're talking about handshakes. We're not talking about the fight. We're talking about handshakes. When you come to the arena, and you see me fight, you've seen me fight right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about handshakes right now."
1/9/14 5:13 PM
Genghis84

Before the first fight...

"I'm not really that worried about the armbar," Tate told Bleacher Report. "I think the biggest mistake I could make is focusing on what Ronda is going to do or what she can do versus what I'm going to do and what I can do."

"I think it would be a big rookie mistake on my part to be training only armbar defense every single day. I'm not training to be in that position," said Tate. "I'm training to impose my will and my game plan which absolutely never involves being in an armbar."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1083231-miesha-tate-im-not-making-the-rookie-mistake

And:

"I don't think she's as tough as me, that's for sure. Ronda comes across as a spoiled, self-entitled rich kid that has had all the opportunities handed to her. Granted, she's made the most of them and I'm not going to take away from what she has accomplished, but I don't believe she's as good as everyone is hyping her up to be. It's all just a bunch of crap. I don't buy into it at all and I see right through it. She talks a big game, but the question is can she walk the walk. When she gets hurt she's going to crumble. I don't think that she's a fighter. She's been successful in judo, but we’ll see what happens when someone is trying to actually hurt her, not just throw her. I'm actually out for blood and I’m really going to try to hurt and maim her. I'm going to make this a fight and that's something that she has never dealt with before."

One more from the same interview...

"She's not a gold medalist. She's a bronze medalist and she tied for bronze. From what I understand, in the Olympics for judo they give out two bronze medals for third place and I believe that she lost that match and she still got a bronze medal. That means she took fourth place. She just lets people keep saying that she's a gold medalist and she doesn't even correct them. I don’t respect that. I don’t want to take credit for something that I didn't do. Ronda is obviously not that kind of a person and she does take credit for things she hasn't earned. She said things like she's been able to do in six months when it took me six years to accomplish. That kind of arrogance is not going to get her very far and it's going to make a lot of enemies. She's pissed off the wrong person and I'm going to be the one to punch her in the face for it. I'm stylistically different than anyone she's ever fought before and I'm going to make it a long night for her."

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/2012/03/01/miesha-tate-interview/

After talking Ronda down for months, here is Miesha's response after she loses...

"I, personally, would love the opportunity to have a rematch. I think at a high level, it takes one mistake. Anyone can make a mistake at any moment and someone's able to capitalize on that. I don't feel that Ronda proved anything other than what she's already (proved) -- that she has one thing that she's great at. Really phenomenal at. But everything else, I could beat her. Give me another shot. I think it was competitive. I think for the most part I was probably winning. And I think at a competitive high level, one day one person could beat the one person, and the other day the other person would beat the other person."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/3/12/2866325/miesha-tate-requests-ronda-rousey-rematch-broken-arm-showtime-strikeforce-female-mma
1/9/14 5:21 PM
Genghis84

The funny thing is Miesha did the same thing before the second fight. Talking about Ronda having tons of holes in her game, is afraid to stand with her, has no gas tank, will break under pressure, etc. How about Miesha's comment about beating Ronda so bad that she quits the sport for good? Then Miesha wants to act like she respects her afterwards? Give me a break.

BTW, here was Ronda's response to Miesha saying she was winning the first fight...

"SD: Miesha stated that she felt she was winning until you caught her with the second armbar. What's your take on this?

RR: I don't think there's any way she could argue that she was winning that fight at all. If you just look at the striking stats, I landed 43 strikes and she landed 11. If you look at the actual damage, she was bruised up on her leg and her face, not to mention her arm. The only point in the fight where she could say she was being the least bit dominant, is the part where she had my back, but she definitely landed fewer strikes from the back, and had zero submission attempts. The one time she tried to do something, she lost her position immediately. That wasn't a dominant position for her, that was pretty much her holding on for dear life. Every single takedown was me, I had the majority of the strikes, and I got the win. This all happened in four minutes, and if she assumes that the few seconds that she had my back, that she was the winner...well she wasn't doing anything productive there anyway, except prolonging the inevitable.

SD: Miesha said during her interview that you didn't really prove much during your fight. How do you feel about that statement?

RR: It just kind of makes her sound dumb. Everyone knows that I wanted to armbar her, and there was nothing she could do to stop me, even with months of preparation. I think that proves a lot. It's like she's not even looking at the actual situation. I don't know what match she was watching, to really think that. One of those pieces of advice that my mom tells me all the time is, 'Never listen to your own press.' The second I got out of that cage, my coach was already telling me a million things I did wrong. It just seems tome like she must be surrounded by a bunch of "yes men" all the time, saying stuff like, 'Oh yeah, you were winning. You were totally dominating.' If I was her, I would look at that match, look at what I did wrong, and try to fix it next time, and not be like 'I was totally winning before I lost.'

SD: Miesha says that the only thing you're really good at is the armbar, and that she feels she excels in all other areas over you. Are there any areas you felt she was dominant in during your fight?

RR: Then why did she get taken down three times? I had more takedowns than her. I had more submission attempts. I had more landed strikes. Even if you just look at it on paper, I had more dominant positions, more strikes...I beat her in every single category. Anyone watching the fight wouldn't have thought that she was winning at any point. I don't know what fight she was watching, but it might be a different one than the one I'm looking at."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/13/2867151/ronda-rousey-miesha-tate-dumb#storyjump

Ronda called it way back then.
1/9/14 10:16 PM
Dead President
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - One thing I love about the UG is how great it is for my self-esteem. Every time I log in and begin reading posts, I realize how fortunate I am, and how much dumber Fate could have created me to be.

For those mental giants who find Ronda's 'real-ness' so praiseworthy, allow me to offer the humble suggestion that you find alternative sources to teach you what a mature and responsible person of character looks like. Unfortunately, drawing insights from those cool and successful gangstas in your You Tube videos, those shining examples of wisdom, integrity, and acceptable adult behavior, isn't really working out. Despite what the homies say, being a responsible adult requires that one does NOT 'keep it real,' dawg. Rather, it means acting respectfully and honorably, conducting oneself in a mature and dignified manner - and get this! - DESPITE sometimes harboring feelings to the contrary. You see, children indulge their passions and emotions. It is precisely the mark of a child do and say whatever they feel. The real difference between adolescence and adulthood lies in having self-control enough to act appropriately and with decorum when one doesn't feel like doing so. But if you are too low functioning and/or 'hardcore' to understand this, by all means continue worshipping the cult of childhood and leave the work of being real men and adults to those capable of bearing the responsibilities that come with it.

All you real gangstas, Ronda, Nick and Nate may run along and play, now.

Great post Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.