UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 168 does between 1 and 1.1 million PPV buys

1/9/14 2:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets hope this works this time
1/9/14 2:46 AM
teamquestnorth
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not too bad Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:47 AM
GSDbestbreed
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Unnatural Born Killer - Wow thats great, wonder what they did with the $5 ppv increase money Phone Post 3.0

You think making snow in Las Vegas is cheap? Sheeeit...

But, Dana's kids gotta sled.
1/9/14 2:48 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not too surprising. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:53 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2013 is the first time zuffa has had year over year ppv revenue growth since 2010.  if the UFC was still on spike this card would have probably done as well or near ufc 100 numbers and this years total ppv buys would have likely rivaled some of Zuffas best ppv years.

in my opinion the fox deal cost Zuffa around 2 million buys this year which is around 50 million in ppv revenue.  Even if you say half of that it's still significant.. the increase in license fees eases the pain only slightly because zuffa has to produce significantly more content in the deal.

I say no more title fights on fox (besides the straweight intros for both men and women) and just place titles exclusively on ppv to further differentiate the product.

1/9/14 3:58 AM
sodagoespop

Ronda carrying the UFC as predicted, where them haters at?
1/9/14 4:05 AM
Vote me down

Not bad!
1/9/14 4:19 AM
Blunderhooks
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fucking shit. I hope that's real.

Hopefully Ronda and Weidman got PPV points as they deserve it!

If meltzer is right on this number, clearly it was the right business decision to add $5. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 4:25 AM
Bootsy Collins
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME - At an increased price, I wonder who is going to get a pay-raise?

Meltzer.
:)
1/9/14 4:34 AM
brahmabull81
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boy Im eating some crow hearing that. I thought the promotion was a little off for this one and instead it blows the doors off my prediction (which was 600,000-700,000 buys I believe).
1/9/14 4:48 AM
Letibleu
1679 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Unnatural Born Killer - Wow thats great, wonder what they did with the $5 ppv increase money Phone Post 3.0

They designed this.

1/9/14 4:56 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened to UFC 100 numbers? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 4:56 AM
FOTN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great numbers, better than I thought it turn out to be true.

Not sure where they're getting the "second must successful UFC PPV of all time" from though as there's quite a few other events that have done between 1 and 1.1 million buys in the past, and UFC 116: Lesnar Vs Carwin did 1.16 million.
1/9/14 5:31 AM
Markme123

FOTN - Great numbers, better than I thought it turn out to be true.

Not sure where they're getting the "second must successful UFC PPV of all time" from though as there's quite a few other events that have done between 1 and 1.1 million buys in the past, and UFC 116: Lesnar Vs Carwin did 1.16 million.

Lesnar v. Carwin is indeed the second biggest at 1.16.

On his audio show, Meltzer said that the late buys haven't been counted so the number will probably end up in the high 1.1 to 1.2 million buys total. That would make it the second biggest at best, third biggest at worst.
1/9/14 6:00 AM
FOTN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be very impressive!
1/9/14 6:32 AM
slamming

Haulport and Belltor Fan suck each others dicks and then blow their own brains out.

1/9/14 6:40 AM
slamming

Haulport - 

JudoknowNothing - Where are the ppv numbers??? Phone Post 3.0

Seems like they are hiding them. It has been 11 days and Meltzer hasn't said shit and no one has any figures. My guess is that they sucked and so they are going to soft peddle the numbers a while from now to hide them.

I have been waiting every day for them so I can make a post about the collapse of Zuffa's PPV model. They would have to have had $1.8mm+ buys for there to anything resembling good news for 2013 on the PPV front. That's how bad it is...

1/9/14 6:44 AM
slamming

Seems like the show was a success on all fronts.  Previously from Meltzer:

"The weigh-ins drew 275,000 viewers, the largest since UFC signed up with FOX. That does have to be clarified because they aired on Fox Sports 1, which is in 88 million homes, compared to 36 million homes for Fox Sports 2, so it's no surprise the number was well above usual levels.

The prelims on Fox Sports 1 did 1,554,000 viewers, up from 988,000 for the prelims on UFC 167. It was the fifth most watched show ever on FS 1, and the second highest rated UFC broadcast on the station, trailing the opening night Chael Sonnen vs. Shogun Rua fight. The 313,000 viewers watching the post-fight show was a record, and the 7:30 p.m. airing of UFC Flashback on the first Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva fight did 412,000, the most watched replay of a UFC show of its kind.

The belief is also that sports bar attendance was the highest in recent memory. That's based on a lot of feedback from all over the country with reports of lines going out the door and consistently being bigger crowds than at UFC 167, the company's second biggest event before Saturday. We had feedback from people who were planning on watching it at a sports bar, and with all the usual locations packed, decided to go home and order the pay-per-view instead.

There were more than 5 million searches at Google for UFC 168 and UFC related terms, mainly Anderson Silva, Anderson Silva's broken leg, Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Chris Weidman, in the United States alone. Most UFC pay-per-views garner less than 500,000 searches, and only the biggest will hit 1 million. That 5,000,000 figure was equal to the Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez fight, and bigger than nearly any sports event other than the Super Bowl. That also has to be qualified because more than 2 million of those searches were specifically looking for video of Silva's ghastly injury. But even before the main event started, it was outpacing any UFC event this year.
The $6.2 million live gate was the third largest in company history, trailing only UFC 129 at Rogers Stadium in Toronto, due to stadium size, and UFC 148, the second Silva vs. Chael Sonnen show."

1/9/14 6:54 AM
joshavard
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's leg break made it to the front page of Reddit, those casuals getting involved. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 7:37 AM
Sinful1
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They gotta pay for their new building somehow.
1/9/14 8:05 AM
powerful mary jane

I think with the 5 dollar extra had something to do with the two title fights and how much money some of the guys on the card take Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:06 AM
slamming

Bellator Fan - He will downgrade it to 600,000 in 2 months Phone Post 3.0
Fail. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:15 AM
Lick Boners

Great news, I hope Weidman gets a solid PPV base from this.
1/9/14 8:29 AM
MMALOGIC

Bellator Fan - The UFC media doesn't seem to be running with Meltzer's number. Phone Post 3.0

ufc 168 got around 10 times as many housholds to pay 50 bucks than bellator got to watch it's failed ppv for free.  Keep up the good work.

1/9/14 8:33 AM
DFWcholesterol

MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - The UFC media doesn't seem to be running with Meltzer's number. Phone Post 3.0

ufc 168 got around 10 times as many housholds to pay 50 bucks than bellator got to watch it's failed ppv for free.  Keep up the good work.

It's on Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.