UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown says women should fight topless

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1/9/14 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/9/5289716/morning-report-matt-brown-womens-mma-ronda-rousey-ufc-dana-white-cormier-wwe-digital-mma-news

Women were fighting?"

It doesn't sound like Matt Brown will be joining Armbar Nation anytime soon. On the mend recovering from two torn discs in his back, UFC welterweight Matt Brown got a few pals together for the inaugural episode of his podcast. In an obviously relaxed setting joined by a few like-minded friends, Brown began opening up on his thoughts on women's MMA. With the conversation centered on UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey's recent title defense to Miesha Tate at UFC 168, Brown was a bit reluctant to give the pair their due.

"The whole fight we have women in one room, men in another room," says Brown. "Rousey and Miesha come on and all the women just f*****g gather around the TV like it's the f******g Kardashians coming on."

"I always said, 'I don't know why they put women in the UFC.' Now I know why."

Resigned with the notion of women's MMA's likely continued existence, Brown offers some suggestions for improvement.

"I just think this, if I'm [going] to pay $60 for a Pay-Per-View to watch women fight they should at least be topless."

If that's the least they could do, I'd be interested to hear Brown's other plans. But back to more practical observations, Brown says the ladies just don't have the raw power to end fights.

"How many knockouts do you see in women's fights? It's not really my thing, I respect what they do, but look, they don't have the body type or the power, all that s**t, for knockouts. If you're not a good grappler in women's MMA then you're behind. It's no different than the 125 [pound] division of men's MMA in that they're just really not built for knockouts."

In complete fairness to Brown, he does immediately contradict himself in praise of flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and his spectacular first-round KO of Joseph Benavidez back at UFC on FOX 9. Brown was actually slated to face Carlos Condit at the same event, prior to his withdrawal due to injury. With news that Brown will avoid surgery, 'The Immortal' is hoping for a return to action in late spring or early summer.

Lol these comments are just ignorant. Even if women don't KO people regularly; they still put on legit fights, have been very entertaining, and most of them bring it every time. I'd rather watch two women duke it out to a decision opposed to two dudes lay n pray to a decision.

On a side note i really wish we coulda seen Condit vs Brown
1/9/14 10:40 AM
FEDORallDAY
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I love Matt but I expect these comments will catch him some heat with the casuals Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:41 AM
Lick Boners

"The whole fight we have women in one room, men in another room," says Brown. "Rousey and Miesha come on and all the women just f*****g gather around the TV like it's the f******g Kardashians coming on."

This is exactly why Ronda is already a big star, to draw 450k in her first UFC fight is pretty unreal.
1/9/14 10:42 AM
EvilMaster

I agree with Matt 100%.They should be topless, it just makes sense.
1/9/14 10:44 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

FEDORallDAY - Yeah I love Matt but I expect these comments will catch him some heat with the casuals Phone Post 3.0

why the 'casuals?'
1/9/14 10:45 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FEDORallDAY - Yeah I love Matt but I expect these comments will catch him some heat with the casuals Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he'll catch any heat from the casuals, but he will catch a TON of heat from the media .... and he probably should.
1/9/14 10:46 AM
RyannVonDoom

Steve4192 -

I don't think he'll catch any heat from the casuals, but he will catch a TON of heat from the media .... and he probably should.
This.. I'm a matt fan, but this interview just soured my opinion on him greatly. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:48 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/14 10:48 AM
Also, his point about knockouts is silly.

You don't see that many knockouts in men's MMA in the sub-155 pound weight classes either. Does that mean that they should bottomless with their dicks wagging about?
1/9/14 10:49 AM
JJSFC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here comes the moral outrage brigade.
1/9/14 10:51 AM
JoshSanchez
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Matt's podcast wasn't such a great idea...

Steve4192

JJSFC - Here comes the moral outrage brigade.

I'm not outraged at all.

If he wants to spout misogynist crap, that is his right, just as it is my right to think he is a cretin for holding such beliefs.
Chomas
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - I agree with Matt 100%.They should be topless, it just makes sense.
LoL it sure makes sense to me! Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:52 AM
Bossk
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I need to hear the tone of how he said it, like if it was just like a joking tone to it or he was fully serious. Either way they're pretty ignorant things go say. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:52 AM
Big EP
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you guys are missing the point here.  Matt Brown wants equality in the sport and it's not fair that guys have to fight topless and the girls don't.  I think that's the real issue here.

*troll face*

1/9/14 10:54 AM
Vader03
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have to Disagree with matt brown. I love watching the women fight. I feel its an added bonus when there is a female fight on the card Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:56 AM
JoshSanchez
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vader03 - Have to Disagree with matt brown. I love watching the women fight. I feel its an added bonus when there is a female fight on the card Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely. They fight with a certain passion and chip on their shoulder that isnt there for a lot of men's fights.

1/9/14 11:01 AM
IGOTBELCHED

I am now a matt brown fan, agree with him 100%. The women fights are garbage like two teenagers fighting, no athleticism or agility whatsoever, if you're gonna put them on a card were people are paying a fair amount they gotta be topless.
1/9/14 11:01 AM
JoshSanchez

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - 
JoshSanchez -
Vader03 - Have to Disagree with matt brown. I love watching the women fight. I feel its an added bonus when there is a female fight on the card Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely. They fight with a certain passion and chip on their shoulder that isnt there for a lot of men's fights.

They fight like children do when they imitate ninjas. Phone Post 3.0

Sign me up for more childish ninjas then. I hope you know how wrong and silly you are.

1/9/14 11:02 AM
Kid Charlemagne
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt brown for president! Phone Post 3.0
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni

I'm liking Matt Brown more and more
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly opinion about WMMA, and not to be taken seriously.

I like Brown, he is a warrior, but I don't hang on his every word, so I don't really care if he says dumb shit from time to time.

Like no one here ever had a retarded opinion about something... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:19 AM
Steve4192

JoshSanchez -
JoshSanchez -

They fight like children do when they imitate ninjas. Phone Post 3.0

Sign me up for more childish ninjas then. I hope you know how wrong and silly you are.

It's nothing but a bunch of sloppy, slow, see punches coming from smile away fights. Those fights on tuf. Bleh.

Really looks like kids playing ninja Phone Post 3.0

So in other words, pretty much the way boxing fans view men's MMA.
1/9/14 11:22 AM
stevekt
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt will issue an apology and look like an ass. Even if he was just making a joke it was a really dumb thing to say. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:25 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bottomless would be ok too imo.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.