UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier: Evans can't take me down

1/9/14 1:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Both Rashad Evans and Daniel Cormier come from a wrestling background and in pure wrestling Cormier has the better credentials. Of course they are fighting MMA, but Cormier still believes Evans will be unable to take him down:

"I'm not going to be taken down," Cormier said. "I spent a lifetime developing that skill and I'm not getting taken down. When I look at a fight against another wrestler, this is how I approach it. In the sport that we all chose, I got to the top. People don't just quit wrestling. You stop because you hit the end of the road, whereas I just continued to go.

"So in the sport I chose, Rashad chose, Jon Jones chose, and the rest of those guys chose, I went to the top of that sport," Cormier continued. "So no, I'm not getting taken down."

read entire article...

1/9/14 1:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well then
1/9/14 1:27 PM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forget which Gracie it was (I think Renzo) that said if you punch me in the face I go from a black belt to a brown...but its that way with wrestling too.  I wont be surprised if Rashad gets top position by knocking Cormier on his ass with a punch.

1/9/14 1:30 PM
Sort891
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough matchup for Evans Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:31 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shots fired!

Dc is twice the wrestler hashad is. Maybe more.

Bad fight for rashad. Dc may be faster on the feet too but even if his standup isnt as quick, he's gonna put rashad on his back a lot. He better make weight waaaaaay ahead of time though. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:32 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As in 210ish so he doensnt really have to cut Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:32 PM
Shinsplint
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is probably one of the most interesting match ups d the year Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:33 PM
Yun
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they are pretty much the same type of fighter except striking, Rashad is more counter, Cormier is more the aggressor.

very interested in how this fight will go

I have a feeling they might just end up striking the whole fight Phone Post
1/9/14 1:35 PM
mixjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tko by black fedor Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:53 PM
JayF14
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When cormier is gassed by the end of 2....Shad will get him to the ground in 3 and finish. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:57 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight

I think this fight is more competitive than some people think.

1/9/14 3:00 PM
shaqitup
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yun - they are pretty much the same type of fighter except striking, Rashad is more counter, Cormier is more the aggressor.

Cormier has better reaction time imo, and is much better at dodging blows.

I also think he will be decently faster at 205 as well than he was at 230-240.

Definitely has the better wrestling as well.

Maybe Rashad can land some good shots, or frustrate him, but i'd honestly pick cormier at this point.

1/9/14 3:03 PM
HolyHackZack
433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is much more confident in his hands than DC. Cormier can't hold back and he can take this. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:15 PM
eljamaiquino
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
Yun - they are pretty much the same type of fighter except striking, Rashad is more counter, Cormier is more the aggressor.

Cormier has better reaction time imo, and is much better at dodging blows.

I also think he will be decently faster at 205 as well than he was at 230-240.

Definitely has the better wrestling as well.

Maybe Rashad can land some good shots, or frustrate him, but i'd honestly pick cormier at this point.

That's cause he's fighting heavies. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 4:53 PM
judom
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Cormier can taken down Rashad easily too. Also,
Cormier is not that young.
1/9/14 5:03 PM
XxFIST2FACExX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker - That argument died when GSP took down Fitch, Kos, Hendricks, and Hughes.
GSP took down 3 guys that have no where near the credentials as DC so you argument isn't valid Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:09 PM
json123

Man, I hope Cormier doesn't come in too confident. Rashad is dangerous everywhere. I will admit that lately, Rashad has had a tough time taking fighters down but never count him out.
1/9/14 5:11 PM
Damaynevent

DC has been fighting slow HWs for the past few years. I don't think he will look like the same quick, explosive fighter we've seen. Rashad is not an easy fight for anyone. Good for him for being confident in his skill set, but I fully expect Rashad to beat him easily. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:12 PM
Damaynevent

XxFIST2FACExX -
Heel Hooker - That argument died when GSP took down Fitch, Kos, Hendricks, and Hughes.
GSP took down 3 guys that have no where near the credentials as DC so you argument isn't valid Phone Post 3.0
But they were all all supposed to be better wrestlers than GSP. I believe that was the point he was trying to make. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:16 PM
ISawSilva'sBONEr

I've got rashad surprising a lot of people in this. Cormier is gonna gas hard. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:19 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ISawSilva'sBONEr - I've got rashad surprising a lot of people in this. Cormier is gonna gas hard. Phone Post 3.0

That is what a lot of Jones fans are hoping for, you included, obviously.
1/9/14 5:46 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC is a better wrestler than all the above. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:49 PM
ISawSilva'sBONEr

DoomFarmer -
ISawSilva'sBONEr - I've got rashad surprising a lot of people in this. Cormier is gonna gas hard. Phone Post 3.0

That is what a lot of Jones fans are hoping for, you included, obviously.
I hate jones but he destroys Cormier. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:50 PM
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get that DC is cocky, but he does NOT have the experience to stand and trade with rashad, yeah he dodge slow HWs but rashad is one of the fastest LHWs out there.

By the end of Rd 1 DC will be shooting desperate and obvious takedowns cause he won't be able to handle rashad on the feet.
1/9/14 6:55 PM
Darth Ryase
1431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sure seems like Cormier brings up Jon Jones a lot. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.