UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renan Barao

1/9/14 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GoGoPlahta
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this his first title defense or do the previous wins under the interim count as title defenses as well even though he wasn't legitimately the champ at the time? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 5:00 PM
RickStorm
1697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/14 5:00 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

AC records them as title defenses

(link opens in new window)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/3B7B7CB27928BEEB/Renan-Barao/

1/9/14 5:08 PM
GoGoPlahta
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. Wasn't sure what the deal would be in this situation, since he was essentially the champion since Cruz left. Has the UFC promoted an interim champ to champ before?

1/9/14 5:12 PM
RickStorm
1697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
GoGoPlahta - 

Thanks. Wasn't sure what the deal would be in this situation, since he was essentially the champion since Cruz left. Has the UFC promoted an interim champ to champ before?

hmmm not that I can think of

1/9/14 7:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
GoGoPlahta - 

Arlovski. Barao was the first guy in UFC history to defend an interim title though Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:13 PM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Travis Bickle - RENE BARON IS A MONSTA!
Fuck you I was coming here to say this lol. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:44 PM
Arlovskis Chin
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
RickStorm -
GoGoPlahta - 

Arlovski. Barao was the first guy in UFC history to defend an interim title though Phone Post 3.0
Defend one successfully not just defend it. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 8:47 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovskis Chin -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
RickStorm -
GoGoPlahta - 

Do Unification Bouts not fall under defenses? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -
Arlovskis Chin -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
RickStorm -
GoGoPlahta - 

Do Unification Bouts not fall under defenses? Phone Post 3.0
Yeah that's what I meant. I think Nog is the only other to even attempt it in the UFC.

And no not really, when a guy wins the interim belt and then immediately fights the champ it's basically a glorified top contender. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:50 PM
GoGoPlahta

If the champ doesn't come back to unify the titles and is stripped. Wouldn't that in turn make every interim defense an actual title defense? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:18 PM
CaptainWoody
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From 149 but still good

1/10/14 3:17 PM
GoGoPlahta

CaptainWoody -

From 149 but still good

Golden Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:22 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GoGoPlahta -
CaptainWoody -

From 149 but still good

Golden Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.